To my Sisters my Heroes

Classic posts chosen by the admins of xBKChat.com and the users of this website

classic posts

site admin

To my Sisters my Heroes

Post02 Jun 2008

To my Sisters my Heroes - posted by: hanuman on December 6, 2004

About three decades ago, a young man from South America sought spiritual awakening before the age of twenty one. He got more than spiritual knowledge. The Knowledge and his interactions with the mediums of The Knowledge would transform his thinking and have a positive influence on his career. The mediums who were a great influence on this individual were primarily women who had dedicated their lives to self transformation and world transformation.

The youth was able to have a face to face meeting with the Founder of PrajaPita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyala. † The young man was concerned about his career options as a doctor and scientist. He also liked Raja Yoga. His family feared that he would give up his academic pursuits to become a swami. He wanted to ask BapDada†† about his future career possiblilties. In those days, it was extremely unusual for a Raja Yogi to discuss lokik matters with BapDada, even when such matters were intricately connected to spirituality.

Two brave Sisters, who were his teachers, became his lawyers in the Court of Indra and asked BapDada about career options for the Raja Yoga kid from South America. BapDada, with a smile, blessed the youth and told him that his academic pursuits would be a great instrument for service. The two BK Sisters had risked their status to be the lawyers in the Court of Indra for a Videshi Brother who was an unknown in the Raja Yoga community.

The two Sisters who championed the case of the youth were Jayanti Bhen and Hemlata Bhen. I was that young man. It was a major milestone in my life, and I will forever be grateful to Jayanti Bhen and Hemlata Bhen for representing my interests in the Court of Indra. Their action was symbolic of the very significant and positive influence women have had on my spiritual and non-spiritual ontology. Before the heroic action of the BK Sisters, and after, women have had critical roles in my development.

I give the above account to demonstrate my love for Sisters and Brothers and to clear the fog which created the impression that I do not like BK Sisters. I am responsible for the creation of that fog. The opposite has been my experience, and extends to Sisters in general.

Administrator inserted notes:

†Prajapita Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University.

††The word “BapDada” (Father and elder Brother), as used by Brahma Kumaris, refers to the combined form of the Supreme Soul Shiva and the soul of his first medium Brahma Baba. BapDada allegedly speaks through the medium of Dadi Gulzar, a senior Brahma Kumari Sister, in Mount Abu, Rajasthan, India.

Return to Classic Posts