End of the World?

Classic posts chosen by the admins of xBKChat.com and the users of this website

classic posts

site admin

End of the World?

Post02 Jun 2008

End of the World? - posted by: Atma on August 14, 2005

As anyone who has been here for a while and read my posts would know, I have been an ex-BK for a long time and have been critical of the BKs. That said, it may surprise many to know that I too, like the BKs, believe that this world is heading towards destruction - although not because of or in accordance with the BK paradigm

It’s simple. History shows that man has never made a weapon that he has not, eventually, used in war. He made the spear, he used it. He made the sword, he used it. He made guns, he used them. He made tanks and planes, he used them. He made the atom bomb, he used it. Now he has full fledged nuclear weapons and ICBMs - intercontinental ballistic missiles. He has not used them - yet; but it is only a matter of time. My saying so - and many other believing this - is not dependent on the BK scheme at all; it is just a reading of history, and projecting to the future. It is not pessimistic - it is realistic.

Some fifty years ago, no less a personality than Albert Einstein said that radioactive poisoning of the atmosphere - and hence destruction of all life on the planet - has been brought within the range of technical possibilities. And that was fifty years ago. Since then, the weaponry has steadily grown in lethalness and numbers. There is no question that there is enough to destroy life on earth many, many times over. There are weapons in silos, in submarines, on mobile launchers, even in space. We have had a long global lull since World War 2 ended. Lulls eventually come to an end, the calm before the storm.

We all live in the shadow of global death. In that sense, the BKs are on to something. True, there are many others who believe in the apocalypse or end of the world scenarios. To give the BKs credit though, their scheme is quite specific, in terms of outlining destruction through nuclear warfare involving mainly, Russia and America - the famous ‘two cats’. There are Murlis which reference destruction being brought about by Russia, America, China, Britain and France. Those five just happen to be the members of the official nuclear club and the permanent members of the UN’s Security Council. Not a bad prognostication I say.

I feel that, at a deeper level, many people have a sick, uneasy feeling about this impending doom. This may be a powerful reason why, in spite of everything, there is a continuing - even if critical “attachment” to the BK scheme. It’s as if we are going ahead, experiencing that destruction, and the working back to the BK paradigm for meaning and comfort. I wouldn’t be too hard on those who do that, I do it myself.

Ever heard Paul Simon’s song “American Tune”? Here are two verses excerpted from the lyrics:

And I don’t know a soul who’s not been battered
I don’t have a friend who feels at ease
I don’t know a dream that’s not been shattered
Or driven to its knees ...

We come on the ship they call the Mayflower
We come on the ship that sailed the moon
We come in the age’s most uncertain hour
And sing an American tune ...

Return to Classic Posts