BK INFLUENCE ON FAMILY

Classic posts chosen by the admins of xBKChat.com and the users of this website

Andrew

BK INFLUENCE ON FAMILY

Post16 Oct 2017

Hi everyone,

I had wonderful life which ended when my wife joined BK.

I researched and realized on what type of 'meditation classes' my wife is going to and it is BK.

I would like to find out more about the influence of BK on families and others experience how to get people out of it?

Please I am terrified my life is turning into nightmare and I don't know how to help her.

Pink Panther

Re: BK INFLUENCE ON FAMILY

Post16 Oct 2017

Hi Andrew,

There are heaps of posts on this topic on this forum, have a look around. Also check out the library and archives to find information about BK history and methods that is hidden from current BKs.

Most contributors here were deeply involved with BKs for years, some in quite senior positions. We have seen and heard all this before (which is cold comfort for you now, sorry) and we will do what we can to share our experience and advise if that’s what you want.

The BKs operate differently in different places so if you can tell us a few things it will help us understand.

Where are you? What is your situation? Are either of you from Indian cultural background or religious backgrounds?

How long has your wife been involved with them, how often does she attend etc?

Are you newlyweds or long time married? Kids? Both working or does she have spare time?

What was her original motivation for going and what do you think it is now?

Is she ”the full cult” already, or only showing early signs?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post16 Oct 2017

Welcome Andrew. Yes, please give us answers to Pink's questions to help us help you.

In the first place, what I would like to encourage you do to, is keep calm and become very well informed. Observe, say nothing and do not over react.

As Pink says, most of us were actually BK teachers to some degree and deeply involved. We can take you directly to the essence of the teachings, their agenda, and the methods they employ.

The problem with your wife "going in the front door" is that she will be given a watered down and obscured version to begin with, and as soon as she takes their bait, she will start to be programmed by them with a series of very well used excuses and defences they employ. They will play on whatever vulnerability she has, e.g. religious sentiments, unhappiness in marriage, etc and they will start to alter the balance of your relationship taking her side to "guide" her, swopping their cult for her family (so the advice she gets is from their cult, not her family).

Hopefully, she has not taken the bait yet and it will be easy for you to steer her elsewhere. It is not even a good religion for her to go into as a young mother, for reasons we will explain to you. It will end up corroding her self-esteem.

One additional question, how did she get sucked in ... was it through a friend or relative?

Thank you.

Maui

Post16 Oct 2017

Another good topic to read and is very helpful ... it is to me ... is in the Commonroom, "BK Ruins Family Life".

ex-l

ex-BK

Post16 Oct 2017

Something to always bear in mind with the BKs is that they use constant "double talk", or twisted meanings.

They use words, and terms and concepts borrowed from elsewhere but given a twist.

For example, they will say they teach "Ancient Raja Yoga" (because "Raja Yoga" is famous and well regarded, and was taught from, say, 2,000 years ago); However, what they teach is not Raja Yoga but their own invention dating no more than 60 years ago. Then they will claim theirs is the most "Ancient" because they believe they taught it 5,000 years ago and, according to their philosophy, nothing can be old. A new twist.

Likewise, they will claim their teach the "Household path", that is to say, a religion that does not require people to leave their homes or families (a concept borrowed from Sikhism, that influenced the cult). However, they know that they have destroyed 1,000s of families and broken apart 10,000s of couples.

It is only a "household path" if the entire family submits to their religious authority and separates from each other, so they end up living like flat sharers ("Brothers and Sister") in the same building.

They developed the idea that each follower's home becomes a centre dedicated to promoting their god spirit, and the "BK family" because the follower's real spiritual family, the old family portray as "devilish" and vicious.

So when they say it is a "family path" they mean the BK family, not your family.

The BKs claim to be "conquering the world 3 square feet at a time", working their way from one person sitting down meditating (3 square feet) to dividing and then taking over their home ... to taking over their community ... to taking over their ... (as much as they can get).

When I write "dividing their home", in some cases I mean that literally. At first the wife seeks another bed, then another room, then if the husband does not submit to the rule of the BKs and the home being "surrendered" ... separation. I knew one husband, with a clearly vulnerable wife who had been sucked in by the BKs, separated from his children and wife who lived at the other side of a wall.

The BK Sisters will circle round the new adherent giving her "yuktis" (tricks) on how to guide, mislead and even separate using divorce laws to her (and their) benefit.

This depends on how deeply she is sucked in but it is why I try and wake partners up to how serious it might be and tell people to be quite and cautious in advance. Don't give her anything she or they can use against you.

Andrew

Post21 Oct 2017

Pink Panther wrote:Where are you? What is your situation? Are either of you from Indian cultural background or religious backgrounds?

I am based out of Florida, USA.
How long has your wife been involved with them, how often does she attend etc?

About 4 years now.
Are you newlyweds or long time married? Kids? Both working or does she have spare time?

Married for a long time with kids
What was her original motivation for going and what do you think it is now?

Curiosity + stress
Is she ”the full cult” already, or only showing early signs?

Unfortunately I have been fighting against the "full cult experience" for a while.

What I would like is to have ex-BK members speak with my wife over the phone, skype or in person. She doesn't understand the issues this BK created. She refuses to understand.

Return to Classic Posts