Original Virtues of the Soul : HUMILTY

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

bansy

Original Virtues of the Soul : HUMILTY

Post21 Sep 2007

Original Virtues of the Soul, page 122, under section "Humility" wrote:Where there is arrogance, there is a greater feeling of insult. Somethimes there is arrogance and sometimes there is insult. You continue to play with both of these. When someone hasn't any arrogance, if that one is insulted, he will not feel it to be an insult. He will also remain humble and busy in the task of renewal. Only those who are humble can renew something. To celebrate Shiv Ratri means to be humble and to engage yourself in the task of renewal. Do you understand ? AV 1.3.92

Do the BKWSU feel insulted by this forum ? Do they want to close this forum ? Are they humble ?

tinydot

ex-BK

Post21 Sep 2007

My dear bansy bhen,

I do hope you are not talking to the wall.

It is obvious that BKs are insulted, but if it's just a feeling of insult that they are experiencing, they can tolerate and sublimate it. I believe, it is the suppression of truth they are protecting, because if people find out all those fairy stories and historical revision, they would end up getting a big loss in their business. That is, less donations would come in.

bansy

Post22 Sep 2007

Thanks tinydot.

Yes, I believe it is for each and every soul to find out the truth for themselves. For it is all about what is being taught and what is being practiced.

pilatus

non-BK

Post24 Sep 2007

Thanks bansy and tinydot for starting this thread - humility is one of my biggest challenges! I was never comfortable with the simplistic BK view of ego as vice, but the three key notes of the Franciscans are Love, Joy and Humility and I am having to work hard at (at least) the last two of these! For me, Humility starts with obeying God's will which tends to bring us back to which God (if any) we believe in ...

Lots of love and best wishes to you all,

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post25 Sep 2007

Inner voice, not memorized Murli, intuition ... you were and are a good person.

pilatus

non-BK

Post25 Sep 2007

Absolutely jannisder - BTW like the "new" avatar...

Love, joy and namaste,

Return to BK