Sworn to secrecy

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

ex-l

ex-BK

Sworn to secrecy

Post01 Oct 2007

Hi

a question for BKs ...

speaking to a long time pukka BK, they mentioned to me that the Seniors mentioned on more than one occasion that they were "sworn to secrecy" in the old days.
    Does anyone know what this refers to?
To my mind, it could be related to a few things; one, the re-writing of the history and philosophy around 1950/1 approx; two, the freaky nature of the early days of the Om Mandli which an old Sindhi related to me of being like a "secrecy society" and at which pretty freaky psychic thing happening, the women screaming and having frenzies etc.

I am sure that there are a whole lot more things they have to be secretive of but I am wondering if they even discussed this specifically. Who is 'in' and who is 'out'? How do you get invited into the inner circle? Personally, my bloodhounds are point at whatever meeting they must have had to decide what the new faith, e.g. Shiva, was going to be.

The elder BK also spoke about stuff like how Mohini would psychically "channel" the "spirit of Lakshmi" or the "Spirit of Krishna", going into trance (allegedly) and either walking around "royally" or playfully putting butter into people's mouth depending on which deity she was acting out.

Not quite the stuff of Self Management Leadership seminars, I don't think. Although, I am pretty sure that some of those corporate executives would be quite happy to know how to channel, 'He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe', 'Zodac the Evil Cosmic Enforcer', or 'She-Ra: Princess of Power" come time for an aggressive takeover bid or for laying off a workforce!

bro neo

ex-BK

Post01 Oct 2007

Hello ex-l, 8)

Hope you don't mind me adding something from that last article you put up.
Traumatic Abuse in Cults: A Psychoanalytic Perspective by Daniel Shaw, L.C.S.W.

I had deeply suppressed my doubts about SYDA for many years, but they suddenly and dramatically crystallized when I heard the story of the young woman I knew. In the phrase, "Don't ever tell anyone about this, especially not your mother," I heard a chilling echo of the voice of the incestuous Father, the battering husband, the sexual harasser, the rapist. As Judith Herman says, in her seminal work entitled Trauma and Recovery (1992), "secrecy and silence are the perpetrator's first line of defense" (p. 8 ). It was hearing these words, "Don't ever tell," that broke for me what Ernst Becker (1973) has called "the spell cast by persons -- the nexus of unfreedom." I recognized that, like many of my social work clients who were abused as children by their parents, I too had been subjected to abuse - by the person I called my guru.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Oct 2007

bro neo wrote:Judith Herman says, in her seminal work entitled Trauma and Recovery (1992), "secrecy and silence are the perpetrator's first line of defense" (p. 8 ). It was hearing these words, "Don't ever tell," that broke for me what Ernst Becker (1973) has called "the spell cast by persons - the nexus of unfreedom."

I recognized that, like many of my social work clients who were abused as children by their parents, I too had been subjected to abuse - by the person I called my guru.

Allow me please to keep asking this question ... who was sworn to secrecy to whom and about what?
    The Senior to BK followers?
    or the Seniors to outsiders?
Are they keeping secrets from us? Were they told to keep secrets from outsiders? Are we past that time or are we still in it?

Well, we know they faked and covered up their history. We know they have and are changing the Murli. So what else? Is it purely philosophical or were there, say, sexual goings on as the rumours stated? Is it related to the nature of the early psychic phenomena, the reported howling and frenzied screaming? Is it to do with the leaving/booting out of "The Golden Circle" and the potential mediumship of others within the BKWSU?

Does anyone else,having seen evidence of some of this now, remember the Seniors speaking about it ... it certainly reveals to me that they seem to think themselves as of a different order than the rest of us.

Return to BK