Peace of Mind Retreat

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

ex-l

ex-BK

Peace of Mind Retreat

Post13 Oct 2007

The Peace of Mind Retreat is a retreat at Madhuban basically for non-BKs, contact souls, IPs etc.

Anyone care to share their experiences?

Personally, I was a bit surprised to here they changed things to allow individuals not following the principles to go on retreats in Madhuban when in the old days rank and file BKs had to follow principles for 6 months or a year before they got to go.

Usual stuff about "the ancient art of Raja Yoga".

alladin

no label

members only

Post13 Oct 2007

Many of us felt the same. Maybe it's a season when impure vibes don't affect the ashram, and criminal eyes and activities are tolerated for the sake of proselyting. "Shudras" are accepted and looked well after. Sure, this created a lot of waste thought in BKs, and students that patiently complied with the rules and waited for their turn to visit MB.

Even more serious breaking of rules; guests attend classes without having received any training, or even The Course, end up listening to Murli channelling live and meet the Spook. Its a real circus.

Another aspect is that BKs who accompany VIPs there are "more special" souls. PR. They have a better chance to get their airfare paid (even by the VIPs since they become tourist guides). Strengthening these connections that can be useful later on, especially for Baba's box ("we had a wooonderful experience!!!"), and various facilities. It's a good way to enjoy (if that's enjoyable!) an extra trip to Madhuban, going twice during the season and meet equal PRs. And if fed up with the "tourist guide role", to abandon the unfortunate and cranky, spoilt VIP to his destiny!!

Well, when needed and at later date, such an experiences can become item for a C/V, " I once was a tourist guide for the BKs" ...

ex-l

ex-BK

Post14 Oct 2007

Obviously some folks like it. The Non-BKs are ferried to a more civilized part of India and get to do mysticism in a fairly safe attractive environment.

Have you experienced one of these? Do you think there is a balance between the "bringing benefit" and "bringing income". Do BKs really have their flights and/or expenses paid?

I thought it is also against Shrimat to accept donations from non-BKs ... but has that changed too? I suppose it is a wonder that they are not just doing straight tourism.

How many and who get to meet BapDada? I have said it before, I knew of a non-BK that smuggled a bottle of whiskey in for "medicinal purposes" ... so there was more than one spirit active that season. One of the things that used to embarrass me at that type of service meeting was when non-BKs males were obviously 'hitting on', i.e. flirting with, BK Sisters!

Return to BK