Offering Bhog and Gulzar's experience of channelling BapDada

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

ex-l

ex-BK

Offering Bhog and Gulzar's experience of channelling BapDada

Post08 Jan 2008

I notice in one of the new uploaded files, an interview with Gulzar. It says that it is a, "discipline of Brahmin life that when someone leaves the body Bhog is offered on the first day after the body has been cremated. For thirteen days Bhog is offered for that person."

Really? When did that start and what justification for it in the Murlis is there?

She also says BapDada possessed her without her know whilst she was offering Bhog after Lekhraj Kirpalani died. He had left the body so suddenly.

I have no read it all yet. Perhaps other can and comment. She says as of April 2005 that is OK to plan for Destruction in 25 years!! ... and there will be baked food in the Golden Age. Baked, fruit juice, butter and milk. :?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post08 Jan 2008

Laugh? I nearly lied.

arjun

PBK

Post08 Jan 2008

ex-l wrote:in one of the new uploaded files, an interview with Gulzar. It says that it is a, "discipline of Brahmin life that when someone leaves the body Bhog is offered on the first day after the body has been cremated. For thirteen days Bhog is offered for that person."

Most probably she was referring to the traditions among the lokik Hindus (including Brahmins), but if it has been adopted by the alokik Brahmins (as witnessed in the Yagya recently after Dadi Kumarka's demise), then it is purely an invention of the human mind and not from ShivBaba's Murlis.

But how will they bake food in the Golden Age?? :) Will there be Microwave ovens running on atomic energy? :D

john morgan

ex-BK

Post08 Jan 2008

I am very happy for cows to hear that they will be in the Golden Age.

I first met Dadi Gulzar as she walked towards the Tennyson Road door step on her first ever visit to London. She gave many classes and everyone had remarkable experience. Whilst she was there she opened Pandav Bhavan, a small flat above the corner shop. Fruit was served and she asked everyone what Gyan had done for them. Sister Jayanti was the translator. I recall Dadi Janki grabbing the air with one hand and saying, "Baba is mine"... I am fairly certain she said this in English!

Dadi Gulzar gave me the experience of feeling like a prince, this was in great contrast to my everyday experience. I decided secretly that I would try to go with her wherever she went. She was so skillful. She gave a class saying that at this time it was everyone's connection with Baba which was of the greatest importance and that if any soul should distract another from developing that connection, they would be doing a great disservice. I, of course, did not wish to put Dadi Gulzar in that position and let her go happily. She gave all of us so much.

I would not, of course, take anything Dadi Gulzar said as gospel though I would examine it very thoroughly because, somehow, I know that she speaks absolutely truthfully about her own experience in order to benefit others.

john

reforming BK

Post08 Jan 2008

arjun wrote:Most probably she was referring to the traditions among the lokik Hindus (including Brahmins), but if it has been adopted by the alokik Brahmins (as witnessed in the Yagya recently after Dadi Kumarka's demise), then it is purely an invention of the human mind and not from ShivBaba's Murlis.

But why is Bhog offered?

In the Murli I think it does mention the offering of Bhog to attract the spirit back, or is this done through a Brahmin priest and the spirit speaks through the Brahmin?
ex-l wrote:I have no read it all yet. Perhaps other can and comment. She says as of April 2005 that is OK to plan for Destruction in 25 years!! ...

Does she know anything extra we don't?

I think it would be good if D Janki was asked the same question, does anyone know if this has happened? I imagined she would be very tight lipped about it, trying to give an impression of it being just around the corner.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post08 Jan 2008

john wrote:But why is Bhog offered?

Thank you to arjun for the Murli confirmation. It is a fair question. My feeling is for exactly the same reason as food is offered to spirits in all traditions. It appears to be that they are feeding off it or the ritual, mental connection of the devotees offering. A sort of magic in other words.

So the question is why is Bhog offered within the BKWSU? To feed their spirits or feed the devotees some devotional pratices? Put simply, something to entertain them to keep them interested. A good show.

After all the years of criticism of other people's rites and rituals, why the indulgence of their own? What makes their rites and rituals special?

Personally, I think there are more spooks than Lekhraj Kirpalani involved with the BKWSU and I think that a part of their rituals are to sustain them in the state or place that they are, whether they are hungry ghosts or asuras, or whatever you wish to call them.

alladin

no label

the choice of catering for bhagats

Post09 Jan 2008

How many clients from the Bhagat area would the BKWSO loose if they were to cut out all rituals? How many followers of different sort would they acquire if they were to make that choice?

In fact, it is not a matter of numbers but a matter of what kind of people do you want as members and disciples. They prefer conservative people who don't ask questions and don't rock the boat, who are easily impressed by external things, in this case rites, and that can be controlled and lead like sheep.

We can always check what is said in the Murli, what "Baba's instructions" are regarding disciplines and habits, but we can also see that besides the clear spoken instructions, free interpretations coexist. As well as the emphasis and priority being deliberately put on something rather than on something else (why service weights more than Yoga? Why lust is worse than anger and bossiness? Why my social status should gain me more respect than my dharna or state of mind ... ??).

Is there a committeee that takes such decisions or draws a Party Line?

Return to BK