Discussion of "Thought for Today"

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

life

Discussion of "Thought for Today"

Post05 May 2008

OM Shanti, Hello Everyone

I will be posting a new thought for today everyday. Hope it will help you get over some bad phase. Provide an understanding of the world from the BK perspective to make life peaceful and happy. I would request members to avoid discussing what they feel about the thoughts. They can quote these in any other existing thread or they may start a new thread for that purpose.

Of course, they can post their views about this thread in it or if the thoughts have helped them overcome some tough situations in life.

Regards.

bansy

Re: Thought For Today

Post05 May 2008

HI life
Welcome to the forum.

I don't mind people posting thoughts and classes from BKs or elsewhere, but if they are just cut and past, then there is no discussion in them, unless you will be willing to discuss those points yourself. Over time, people are going to ignore these posts in a forum as it gets longer and longer. People can get thoughts sent to them to their email address if they subscribe to the BK websites, it is more manageable. The other is you will need to be prepared to post thoughts daily for the rest of the entire life of this forum. Would you be so willing to do so, though it is not impossible ?

The best way to use these "thoughts of today" is to incorporate them into discussions in the forum. Something that gets written down stand alone is static and becomes part of scripture, but if we apply those thoughts in a practical way, then it will be alive. The main written words that people should post, especially as a BK, are quotes from Murlis. That is my opinion, even though I don't stick to it as often as I could :oops:.

I get these thoughts sent to me and have done so over a long time. I cannot even remember how I subscribed but the latest one has the following website at the bottom of the mail, so I presume it can be done from there http://www.thoughtfortoday.org.uk

bansy

Post05 May 2008

Life,
I realised I jumped the gun. :oops: Are these your own thoughts of today ? If so, then ignore my previous post. :?

life

Post05 May 2008

bansy wrote:Life, I realised I jumped the gun. :oops: Are these your own thoughts of today ? If so, then ignore my previous post. :?

OM Shanti

No, you didnt jump the gun bansy . :) These are from the website you quoted above.
bansy wrote:The best way to use these "thoughts of today" is to incorporate them into discussions in the forum. Something that gets written down stand alone is static and becomes part of scripture, but if we apply those thoughts in a practical way, then it will be alive.

Yes, what you say is true. But the only reason i did not want members to discuss was I didnt want this to be another BK BASHING thread. There are loads of them already. :(
life wrote:Complaints, guilt and comparisons are the main destroyers of peace. Instead of complaining, share newness.
Instead of looking for someone to blame, take responsibility for improving the situation. Instead of comparing yourself to others, value the good that is in them.

Oh :!:

Did I complain?

Return to BK