Lokik Family, Alokik Family

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

bansy

Lokik Family, Alokik Family

Post26 Jun 2006

Not sure which forum (BK or PBK) this should come under. Anyway, here goes.

Whilst we're all happily discussing about the make up of (BK/PBK) spiritual families with the Father and Mother and the Children, this is all fine depending on where and how you stand spiritually.

However, all of us have a lokik family too. Those people are also souls. Are they not as spiritual as you. How much effort do you do for them ? Or is their part in the drama simply to give birth to your now healthy body and beautiful knowledgeable soul so you can rule the world. Would the time you spend with them be just as worth as the time you are spending with the spiritual family, or are they (lokiks) too degraded to meet your standard. Because they are not Brahmins but you are.

Whatever your relationship is with lokiks, you would not be even here if it wasn't for them.

Going back to the theme "Don't Give Sorrow, Don't Take Sorrow", how much sorrow are you giving your lokiks, without knowing it, whilst spending time with God ? And trying to match the clashing sanskars of your Brothers and Sisters ?

Many a time I hear of the how BKs run off to join their new found spiritual family, neglecting or avoiding their current family, and they would speak of this even after many years of being in Gyan, because it is so deep rooted. More so the older BKs, who say they do not regret the path they have taken, but still would talk about the past of how they came to be, which therefore is a subtle form of regret.

The key is "surrender". If you are not fully surrendered to the spiritual family, in which I mean all your property (body, money, possessions) are given totally for the spiritual family, then you cannot be really be pukka. Or the other test is how many here would give everything they have to pay for, say, an operation for their beloved Chariot (BK or PBK) ? If your lokik mother needed the same operation, who would give your savings to ? What would God do with His money ?

Would like to hear how BK and PBK members understand and deal with the balance between lokik and alokik families.

(Admin, feel free to move this to correct forum).

john

reforming BK

Post26 Jun 2006

Hey Bansy

have you been reading one of those "would you kill a child to save the world" psychological type books :lol:

The key is "surrender". If you are not fully surrendered to the spiritual family, in which I mean all your property (body, money, possessions) are given totally for the spiritual family, then you cannot be pukka.

One point here. If you surrender everything, how will you live as a householder?

bansy

Post26 Jun 2006

Hi John

I am actually don't know what books you mean, could you send me some titles to get some idea.

One point here. If you surrender everything, how will you live as a householder?

I was going to raise "Surrender" as a topic. In BK terminology, I was told to surrender your vices and give them to Baba. In Murlis, it is often asked whether one is still a householder or not. Which means how much have you surrendered yourself. This has deep consequences and often different understanding as to surrender, as once you've committed all mind and soul to the spiritual family, say to running a centre, it is hard to return (as some on the forum have claimed). Your spiritual family becomes your new household, not your lokik family. So it is suggested to first try to get your lokiks to join you on the same path, but if they don't, then it's seemingly correct to "drop" them. You've been elevated. That's my understanding.

john

reforming BK

Post26 Jun 2006

Hi Bansy

Sorry I don't have a title off hand, it was a book belonging to a spiritually/psychology minded(non BK) friend from many years ago.

My understanding is that to be a householder and follow the Brahmin lifestyle is more suited to 'Pukka', as literally surrendering everything is more sanyassi.

Return to BK