BapDada - New season 2006-7

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

arjun

PBK

Post04 Nov 2006

Omshanti. I have received a photocopy of the Hindi version of the first Avyakt Vani of the season narrated through Gulzar Dadiji on 31.10.06. While speaking to the IT group on the fourth page Avyakt BapDada says,
"It is good that the news that spreads due to the work that you people are doing, brings joy to the hearts of everyone because it is a family, is not it? So, the family becomes joyful by getting the news. So, you have done a good thing. The task was no doubt going on, but now you are doing it in an organized way and as per rules. you are taking the task ahead; this has been made very nicely and even taken ahead. There would be opposition, but if you are steadfast in your position, then the opposition would end. If there is opposition then only will you get the enthusiasm that we should do this, we should do this ... So opposition takes the position ahead and one also gets success and you would keep getting success. This is definite. If anything happens any time do not get afraid. Success is with you. It is not with the opposition; it is with those who are in position."

The English translation has been done by a PBK.

Why did the need arise for BapDada to speak about position and opposition? Who is in position and who is in opposition? Who is delivering the news everywhere in the family and who is hiding the news? Who is performing the task as per rules and who is going against it?
With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

bansy

Post13 Nov 2006

In the BK's English version of the first Avyakt Vani of the season narrated through Gulzar Dadiji on 31.10.06, BapDada has mentioned again "the board of 'too late' will be put up soon".

Does anyone have the first record of this statement "board of late/too late" in previous Murlis/Vanis ? It always seems to be targeted for first-timers.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post13 Nov 2006

It's been going on for about 10 years now.

arjun

PBK

Post20 Nov 2006

Excerpts from the latest Avyakt Vani dated 16.11.06, page 4 narrated through the medium of Gulzar Dadiji on the subject matter of revelation of the Father:

"Abhi thodi fast gati karo, fast gati say aatmaen niklein, kam say kam itnaa toh kahein ki hamara Baba aa gayaa. Baba shabda toh boley dil say. Mukh say nahee, dil say."

"Now make the speed a little fast. The souls must emerge at a fast pace; at least they should say that 'our Baba has come'. They should utter the word Baba from their heart. Not from the mouth, but from the heart."

Note: This is a draft translation by a PBK.

mitra

BK

Re: Double Foreigners/Westerners treatment

Post21 Nov 2006

ex-l wrote:What is the rationale behind this differentiation? Or, dare I ask, the Murli point/Shrimat that justifies it? Why are the Double Foreigners/Westerners treated better?

May be they are comming from a different background and they need special care!

But my personnal opinion is that by taking drishti from Baba will NOT erase your sins. It is your Yoga which will help you to overcome your sinfull accounts. Personally speaking, where ever we are sitting in that Diamond Hall, it your mind is clean and clear you can get powerfull drishti from the LORD.

Another point in Baba's recent Murli is to sit in the seat of Self Respect.

ibhs
mitra

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Post21 Nov 2006

Those from southern India would have a differnt background differnt language etc. Are they not also double foreigners? Us westerners just jump in our planes and cruise over, we got it easy. No long trecks with little money and food or cultural bondages to hold us back.

bansy

Post21 Nov 2006

Self Respect.

During the days of Lekhraj Kirpalani, did the children use to sit on the floor or did some sit on chairs ?

How about PBKs in a gathering with Virendra Dev Dixit, do you sit on the floor together, regardless of age or sex or race, or do some sit on chairs ?

I can understand even if you are sick or ill, you are still able to sit in front of Baba. If a person who is elderly sits on the floor of his or own choosing, I think that would gain a lot of self respect. The key word here is SELF.

arjun

PBK

Post21 Nov 2006

How about PBKs in a gathering with Veerendra Dev Dixit, do you sit on the floor together, regardless of age or sex or race, or do some

Omshanti. At the mini-Madhubans and gitapathshalas of AIVV, almost everyone, except some of the old and sick ones (including some obese ones) sit on the floor.

As far as gitapathshalas are concerned, most of them are run in the houses of PBKs. So if someone already has furniture arranged in their home, which cannot be removed at the time of class, then the PBKs sit on them. Otherwise most of them (including many old/aged PBKs) prefer to sit on floor.

Male and female PBKs sit separately in the classroom, unlike the BKs where they are allowed to mix up on many occassions.

Although Baba is offered a chair or a sandhali to give drishti and to narrate Murlis whenever he visits any mini-Madhubans or gitapathshala, many a times he too sits on the floor if the gathering is small.

In almost all the mini-Madhubans that I have visited, the new souls are also given basic/Advance Course sitting on the floor and not on chairs/sofa sets like most of the BK centers. It is not that PBKs cannot afford sofa sets or chairs, but the traditional method of giving and receiving knowledge (especially spiritual knowledge) is by sitting on floor.

But from the video recordings/photographs of the large gatherings of BKs, I find that even many rows of sofa sets and chairs are arranged at prime locations to seat VIPs/senior BK Sisters/Brothers most of whom are not too aged/sick to sit on the floor. The case of Dadis being seated on the sofas could be understood because of their age and seniority, but allowing other young and healthy BKs to sit on sofas cannot be explained. I remember many early years of my BK life until the late eighties, even the Dadis used to sit on the floor when the Avyakt Vani used to be narrated.
With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

john

reforming BK

Post21 Nov 2006

OK, I am lost here, can someone enlighten me as to what all this sitting on chairs sitting on floors is all about and especially what has where someone sits got to do with spirituality?

Yes, I agree it's a lot nicer to sit on the floor in a sprirtual gathering, but I did not realise it had any significance?

bansy

Post21 Nov 2006

what has where someone sits got to do with spirituality?

It's leads to the differences in why with BKs during BapDada meetings, double foreigners (non Indian locals) and VIPs (who are these exactly?) get to sit at the front and on chairs and sofas, whereas the local BKs sit on floors and, as ex-l mentions, often very far back in the hall. It's almost akin to why there are differences in the badges and who gets rings or not.

Hence how can we see each other as equals if even in the physical world there are differences. Yes, it has nothing to do with spirituality. It's all body conscious stuff.

john

reforming BK

Post21 Nov 2006

Hence how can we see each others are equals if even in the physical world there are differences. Yes, it has nothing to do with spirituality. It's all body conscious stuff.

OK, Bansy thanks, I've been out of the BK Org loop for a long time so bear with me. I am sure it wasn't like that in my day, maybe on a smaller scale I just never noticed.

Maybe i should get myself re-aquainted just to see how much things have changed ...

mitra

BK

Post22 Nov 2006

:o Well, sitting in the floor or in a sofa or in a simhasan [royal chair] is actually not a very big issue here. The point is whereever we are sitting, ARE WE REMEMBERING OUR FATHER-THE ALMIGHTY AUTHORITY, LORD Shiva? If you can remember him in any occassion, then that is a great fortune - a LUCK. So, being in Soul consciousness, you will not be pulled by the comfort of a sofa or a discomfort offered by a concrete floor.

IBHS
MITRA

[ :P Actually we have to sit in Shiva's mind! :P ]

john

reforming BK

Post22 Nov 2006

Mitra wrote::o Well, sitting in the floor or in a sofa or in a simhasan [royal chair] is actually not a very big issue here. The point is whereever we are sitting, ARE WE REMEMBERING OUR Father-THE ALMIGHTY AUTHORITY, LORD Shiva? If you can remember him in any occassion, then that is a great fortune - a LUCK. So, being in Soul consciousness, you will not be pulled by the comfort of a sofa or a discomfort offered by a concrete floor.

Hi Mitra
The problem with having such an 'ever eager to be pleased' attitude is that it can be open to abuse. Anyway I think you are a long time BK so you will know what is thought of the BK 'ruling party' by it's detractors.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post22 Nov 2006

John wrote:The problem with having such an 'ever eager to be pleased' attitude is that it can be open to abuse. Anyway I think you are a long time BK so you will know what is thought of the BK 'ruling party' by it's detractors.

That's a good point that John, about the eager to be pleased thing, and this is actively developed in young fresh BKs. I remember for instance being told how important and what a privilege it was to be given food from the bhandara and how it would be unthinkable to leave even a morsal uneaten ... even though it was sometimes revolting ... especially if i had cooked it :lol:.

But, yes, this self imposed naivety can lead to a person being open to abuse or even poor advice.

bansy

Post22 Nov 2006

Well, sitting in the floor or in a sofa or in a simhasan [royal chair] is actually not a very big issue here. The point is whereever we are sitting, ARE WE REMEMBERING OUR Father-THE ALMIGHTY AUTHORITY, LORD Shiva?

Somebody in this forum recently remarked we can even sit in the latrines and have remembrance.

I think the dilemma with BKs the more senior they are, about sitting on the floor, is they are afraid of getting their silky whites dirty or creased. (By the way, nowadays you can get clothes which are non creasible, saves a lot of ironing. Wash and go ... err I mean, fly). I recall in some Murlis that mentioned some children were more concerned with their wear and appearance.
PreviousNext

Return to BK