Daughter of Lekhraj in the Raja Yoga Centre in Calcutta

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

arjun

PBK

Post24 Jul 2007

ex-l wrote:Why Lakhiraj (first name) Sevakram (last name)?
Note, "Sevakram & Sons". Could there be family there?

Lakhiraj and Sevakram are different names and not the first name and last name.
It is not proved from the book '3 in one' that Dada Lekhraj and Sevakram were relatives.
How much do we know about Anand Kishore? You say Parvati's (Nirmalshanta) Brother-in-law was Lakshman (Anand Kishore), which Sister did he marry? On the 1938 members list there is a "Lachmandas Melwani aged 27", is this him?

The book does not mention Dada Anand Kishore's wife's name.
I read Lekhraj Kirpalani married off one 15 year old daughter to a 50 year oldman, do we know which one? What with daughters being taken back from husbands and kids being left with mothers-in-laws, it all sounds very messy and no wonder it caused upset in Sind at the time.

The Muhki, whose son Lekhraj Kirpalani encouraged his daughter to leave, was the leader of the community. Lekhraj Kirpalani would have benefit by marrying into that family. Did she leave a child behind ? So would the marriage partner of his 15 year old been chosen for the sake of material benefits. A 15 year old to a 50 year old man!!! I think from a Western perpective, that is just whoring off your child for the sakes of status within society.

The book mentions that while Dada Lekhraj's first son and Dadi Nirmalshanta were got married in a grand manner, her Sister Navnidhi (Puttu) was married off to a simple headmaster of a school. His name was Bodhraj. He was chosen because of his religious nature. This marriage became the talk in family circles (and also talk of the town) that why did Dada Lekhraj got his daughter married off outside his clan with a saintly person? Especially because Dadi Nirmalshanta was got married to the very wealthy, and famous 'Mukhi family'. After Puttu's marriage Dada Lekhraj did not solemnize the marriage of any other child.
And what do we know of Lekhraj Kirpalani's Brother and his family ... ?

Please see my post dated 23rd July, where I have updated the family chart to include his Brother's son Dada Vishwakishore and his wife Dadi Santari.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post24 Jul 2007

arjun wrote:Why Lakhiraj (first name) Sevakram (last name)? Note, "Sevakram & Sons". Could there be family there?

Sorry, that was not clear. I meant that if there were sons, may be Sevakram had sons?

Lekhraj is a first name. Sevakram is a last name. Two people. Or does this support the idea that "Narain Shewakram" was the not Sevak Ram PBKs talk about? I do not understand Sindi naming conventions.
simple headmaster of a school

I think it mentioned him in the Om Radhe book. I think he was a member of Om Mandli which is why, I guess, she was married to him. But, yes, it did cause a stir because the Bhaibund was held together by the control of marriages (partly for gain, partly for practical genetic reasons like the Patels, in my opinion).

It was not just an issue because he was humble but also, I think, because it would have been an open challenge to the authority of Bhaiband Panchyat. The Muhki was the head man, to take back a daughter or refuse to return her would have been a great insult too.

arjun

PBK

Post25 Jul 2007

[quote=e"ex-l"]I think it mentioned him in the Om Radhe book. I think he was a member of Om Mandli which is why, I guess, she was married to him. But, yes, it did cause a stir because the Bhaibund was held together by the control of marriages (partly for gain, partly for practical genetic reasons like the Patels, in my opinion).

It was not just an issue because he was humble but also, I think, because it would have been an open challenge to the authority of Bhaiband Panchyat. The Muhki was the head man, to take back a daughter or refuse to return her would have been a great insult too.[/quote]
As per the book '3-in-one' Dada Lekhraj married off his daughter Navnidhi, alias Puttu to the above mentioned school headmaster Bodhraj, who belonged to an ordinary family. He was famous as Yogiraj for his devotion in the Chidakashi math (a Hindu seat of monks/monastery).

Dadi Nirmalshanta writes that the specialty of her Sister Puttu's marriage was that it lacked noise and worldliness. It was as if two deities were getting married. This news spread to Calcutta, Mumbai and Hyderabad (Sind) and became a topic of discussion. Dadi Nirmalshanta further writes that at the time of Sister Puttu's marriage the Yagya had not been established, there was no knowledge of ShivBaba, but the feelings of devotion, love for God and solitude was at its peak in the heart of Brahma Baba.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post25 Jul 2007

Its not that important, but perhaps we could we work out dates by Lekhraj Kirpalani's age?
Previous

Return to BK