Daughter of Lekhraj in the Raja Yoga Centre in Calcutta

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

ex-l

ex-BK

Daughter of Lekhraj in the Raja Yoga Centre in Calcutta

Post25 Oct 2006

I was reading some academic that had a discussion with a daughter of Lekhraj Kirpalani who was living in the "Raja Yoga Centre" in Calcutta in February 1984.

Does any one know if she is still live or anything about her story?

Thanks.

arjun

PBK

Post28 Oct 2006

Omshanti. Yes, she is still alive and lives at the Bangur Avenue Center of BKs at Calcutta. Although her name is BK Nirmalshanta Dadiji, but she is lovingly called 'Pardadi'. As far as I remember she was married before joining the Yagya. I heard she has a daughter. But I don't know much about her family background. I have seen her many years ago, when she visited our local BK center.
With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post28 Oct 2006

I saw her also a few times in Abu, an ancient frame of a woman

His last son is still alive too as far as I know

arjun

PBK

Post04 Nov 2006

Omshanti. I have received a photocopy of the Hindi version of the first Avyakt Vani of the season narrated through Gulzar Dadiji on 31.10.06. In the last page of the AV while speaking to Dadis, Avyakt BapDada has said,
"You all know that you have a great-grand mother (Pardadi, referring to Nirmalshanta Dadi, i.e. daughter of Brahma Baba) also. So she is also going to play a very sweet role. She has also sent a lot of remembrances to all of you along with Father. And BapDada is very pleased at her courage. Whenever any doctor comes, she starts giving knowledge to the doctor also. Doctors consider her to be a patient and she gives them knowledge and teaches them patience. So she is also playing a nice role and while being in remembrance she is flying ahead. Even while on the bed she is flying. So, everyone gave their remembrances; Pardadi needs a lot of remembrances, is not it?"

The English translation has been done by a PBK.

With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

arjun

PBK

Post18 Dec 2006

Omshanti. Recently while going through a revised Sakar Murli, dated 8.6.06, pg.3 published by the BKs I found the following line about Dadi Nirmalshanta, daughter of Brahma Baba:

"Abhi dekho yah lokik bachhi (Nirmalshanta) baithi hai. Yah lokik bhi hai, alokik bhi hai, paarlokik bhi hai."

"Now look, this lokik daughter (Nirmalshanta) is sitting. She is lokik, alokik and paarlokik (daughter) also."

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

earl

PBK

Post13 Jul 2007

I visited Bangur centre in late 2000. Nirmal Shanta Dadi was very motherly and gentle. She was taught aviation as a young girl. Some Lokik family also live nearby. I showed Dadi some old Yagya photoes and she pointed out her daughter to me. I gave Dadi a present but it was Chinese made and she said i should always buy Indian made.

alladin

no label

sweet experience.

Post13 Jul 2007

I also met her in the ... early 80s? and had the same welcoming, family closeness feeling.

She presented me with some white T-shirts. Maybe because it was so hot, I probably did not wear enough layers under my kurta!! I wish most BKs were like her!

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: sweet experience.

Post13 Jul 2007

alladin wrote:I also met her in the ... early 80s ... I wish most BKs were like her!

It would be interesting to talk to her about the early days now we have a different view of it (re God Brahma etc). I wonder how it was for her already havinig a relationship.

Perhaps she just sees the entire BK family as an extended, adopted family. How open, robust, healthy is she now?

earl

PBK

Post17 Jul 2007

Nirmal Shanta Dadi is a life longs sufferer of Bronchial Ashma and is frequently confined to bedroom. It is quite amazing that she is able to travel outside calcutta at all. Often the journey upstairs to Murli room at bangur centre was too much even in 2001. She has mild dementia and is like an absent-minded kind sweet elderly mother. My feeling is that she is very proud of her Father and the institution he founded.

alladin

no label

org, sect or family??

Post17 Jul 2007

If that warm extended family feeling was prevalent in the BK organisation, I would probably not be here thinking, reading and criticizing it!!

It would have conquered me through the heart! BTW, it's nice to get some news about Didi Nirmal Shanta, at least I can send her a lot of goodwishes!

bansy

Post17 Jul 2007

arjunbhai wrote:BK Nirmalshanta Dadiji, but she is lovingly called 'Pardadi'. As far as I remember she was married before joining the Yagya. I heard she has a daughter.

I have met the daughter several times. She has a resemblance of Lekhraj Kirpalani and has a son. They live in Calcutta.

arjun

PBK

Post21 Jul 2007

Omshanti.

While searching for the book written by Dada Vishwaratan, I found a book on Dadi Nirmalshantaji titled '3 in One' in Hindi containing her experiences. I think it is worth reading for those who wish to know about the Yagya history.

It contains many rare Yagya photographs, including the one where Brahma Baba can be seen with his daughter Puttu, son Narayan Dada, daughter-in-law and (probably) his grandchildren.

In the initial pages of the book, Dadi has given a detailed account of Brahma Baba's family, i.e. mother Father, Brothers, Sisters and sister-in-law.
Sister Bansy wrote:I have met the daughter several times. She has a resemblance of Lekhraj Kirpalani and has a son. They live in Calcutta.

The above book says Dadi Nirmalshanta had a daughter, who was taken care of by her mother-in-law when Dadi left the house of her father-in-law to join the Yagya.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post21 Jul 2007

I was just reading another book (Liz Hodgkinson's so called history) that said Lekhraj Kirpalani made one of his daughters get married to a 50 year old man when she was only 15 years old. No wonder he had issues about sex and marriage. Imagine if you did that the in West!

I am not sure which daughter this was by name, but I am not sure if it could have been Palu Motriam Muhki (aged 22 in 1938), the one that started all the Om Mandli problems with Mukhi Mangharam's family, as I think the Mukhi's son would have been much younger than that.

By Puttu, do you mean Palu? The other daughter was called "Surya Kumari". Can you please compare the the list in that book with the list on the site, here?

Both his wife and his daughter were on the management committee of the Om Mandli.

arjun

PBK

Post23 Jul 2007

ex-l wrote:I am not sure which daughter this was by name, but I am not sure if it could have been Palu Motriam Muhki (aged 22 in 1938), the one that started all the Om Mandli problems with Mukhi Mangharam's family, as I think the Mukhi's son would have been much younger than that.

By Puttu, do you mean Palu? The other daughter was called "Surya Kumari". Can you please compare the the list in that book with the list on the site, here?

As per the book '3-in-one' Dadi Nirmalshanta was born in October, 1917. Among four Sisters and two Brothers, she was the third child.
    Dadi Nirmalshanta has mentioned about the following family members/relatives in the book:
    1. Kishan (Brother) and his wife Radhika alias Dadi Brijendra.
    2. Kalawati (Sister)
    3. Parvati alias Palu alias Dadi Nirmalshanta
    4. Navnidhi alias Puttu (Sister) (who was married off to Bodhraj, the Head Master of a school)
    5. Narayan (Brother) married to Jyoti.
    6. Surya (Sister) who got married to Om Prakash.
    7. Lakshman alias Dada Anandkishore (Sister's husband)
    8. Bhairu Dada alias Vishwa Kishore Dada alias Bhau (Dada Lekhraj's nephew, i.e his Brother's son) and his wife Santari Dadi (first of all Avyakt BapDada entered into her on 21.01.69)
As per the book, the last three siblings are residents of Mumbai.

Dada Lekhraj and Sevakram's address at Calcutta:
    7 A, Lindsay Street, Surana Mansion, New Market.

1st Floor - Dada Lekhraj's jewellery shop (Lakhiraj-Sevakram & Sons)
    2nd Floor - Dada Lekhraj's home.
    3rd Floor - Sevakram's home.
As per the above book Dadi Nirmalshanta's brother-in-law (i.e.Sister's husband) Lakshman (alokik name - Dada Anandkishore ji) also had a jewellery shop named 'Ram-Lakshman & Co.' on the same footpath. When Brahma Baba handed over the business and went to Hyderabad (Sind), Dada Anandkishore also handed over his business to his partner Ram and went to Brahma Baba's place with his share of wealth.

As per Dadi Nirmalshanta, among all the then surrendered Brothers, Dada Anandkishore was the most educated one. Writing all the matters in English, translating them, writing Murlis in English, national and international correspondence in English - was the task of Dada Anandkishore only. Apart from this, he took care of the office work from Karachi till his last moments.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2007

Thank you. Some interesting leads to follow up there, including the ransliteration of Lekhraj to Lakhiraj. That might turn up more. I do not exactly understand the Sindi naming convention, e.g. first name, second name, family name and male-female naming. Can anyone explaint it to me?
    Why Lakhiraj (first name) Sevakram (last name)?
Note, "Sevakram & Sons". Could there be family there?

How much do we know about Anand Kishore? You say Parvati's (Nirmalshanta) brother-in-law was Lakshman (Anand Kishore), which Sister did he marry? On the 1938 members list there is a "Lachmandas Melwani aged 27", is this him?

The members list also names a "Parvati Nanikram" as Lekhraj Kirpalani's cousin's daughter but not own daughter. I read Lekhraj Kirpalani married off one 15 year old daughter to a 50 year oldman, do we know which one? What with daughters being taken back from husbands and kids being left with mothers-in-laws, it all sounds very messy and no wonder it caused upset in Sind at the time.

The Muhki, whose son Lekhraj Kirpalani encouraged his daughter to leave, was the leader of the community. Lekhraj Kirpalani would have benefit by marrying into that family. Did she leave a child behind ? So would the marriage partner of his 15 year old been chosen for the sake of material benefits. A 15 year old to a 50 year old man!!! I think from a Western perpective, that is just whoring off your child for the sakes of status within society.

And what do we know of Lekhraj Kirpalani's Brother and his family ... ?
Next

Return to BK