Key BKWSU Beliefs

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Key BKWSU Beliefs

Post06 Jan 2007

Hi all.

I just read the following on the Murli page:
    Key BKWSU beliefs include:

• we are not bodies but divine eternal souls who take on a series of bodies temporarily, i.e. reincarnation.
and wondered if the forum would express a view on the following small adjustment:
    Key BKWSU beliefs include:

• we are not bodies but divine eternal souls who take on a series of bodies temporarily, i.e. souls that incarnate into a body.
IBY

amaranthine

BK

Post12 Jan 2007

As far as i am aware to incarnate into a body would indicate that the soul has come directly from the Soul World. To reincarnate into a body indicates that a soul has come directly from another body. By this reasoning Baba only ever incarnates.

How understanding this deepens my soul consciousness or god consciousness is beyond me. Like a lot of The Knowledge i just see it as window dressing. I could not be seeing something though - i have a tendency to do that.

abrahma kumar

Post12 Jan 2007

Thanks for the feedback and I can see your drift and found particularly interesting the disctinction between a soul coming directly from the Soul World or from another body.

For me the key message recieved from the word 'incarnate' is that the body - whatever one it is - is the host for the soul. Thus for the soul 'to incarnate' means that it has manifest itself on the corporeal plane by taking on a body.

The way this soul's mind works that (i confess) pedantic distinction serves to keep the awareness that whenever a soul takes a body it has incarnated. The body is not Me, in other words.

Typically I have found that the term 'reincarnation' tends to lead to one thinking that they - as they know themselves now in this birth - get to be born again. Commonly I think that people think of reincarnation a bit like Abrahma Kumar being born again. Rather than seeing that the soul who was give the name Abrahma Kumar in his previous birth has taken another body.

Thanks anyway for the chance to churn and much respect Godly child.

amaranthine

BK

Post14 Jan 2007

Thanks for the churnings, this is something i do far too little of.

Thinking about what you said ... yes, i can see how thinking like that would encourage the awareness that i am a soul.

Much respect to you too!

abrahma kumar

Post15 Jan 2007

Hi again amaranthine, I always smile when I hear we Baba's children reflecting on how little we churn. So i will share with you one Godly point if I may: If you have a chance please see BapDada's Avyakt Murli of 10th January 1988. I think it is entitled the Power of Churning. Wow a whole Murli dedicated to this one subject!

In that Murli you can read also what Avyakt BapDada says about churning and you will see too how we receive training on how to regard the Murli points; how special each jewel of knowledge is; how each jewel of knowledge has its own special significance, how we get our numberwise status because of the way we use or do not use the Murli points. Many, many things BapDada shares about The Power of Churning in that Murli.

You might also get the realisation that it is not possible for God's children NOT to churn. We do churn but we doubt that what we are doing is actually churning - is not it funny?. So in that Murli BapDada himself tells us everything from BapDad's point of view! What more could we want!

So when we say that we do not churn or cant churn or we do not understand what churning is - all of that is NOT strictly speaking true. We are God's children and it is in Godly knowledge that we came to hear this word "churn" and became familiar with all it's associations. So if it was not us who churned, who did?

Perhaps it is more accurate to say that the feeling we wish to have when we read God's words is not always consistent or is not always what we 'expect' it to be. And let alone the feelings for the Murli points there is then the whole arena of discerning which point of knowledge to use, as it should be used, when it should be used. blah blah blah,

IBY

amaranthine

BK

Post15 Jan 2007

Thanks for the pointer re the 10th of Jan Murli - i'll look into it.

Also thanks for the wise words and encouragement :D.

abrahma kumar

Post15 Jan 2007

As for words of encouragement you surely jest because am only doing that as per the training of Godly knowlegde so without Him ... However I fully understand the sentiments and have accepted them with much Godly regard.

Return to BK