The Arts

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

sparkal

BK supporter

Post05 Sep 2007

In my experience, the BKWSU take on musicians who are already successful. They are not in the game of creating stars in other words. Of course, some play at master controller, or, fat controller. People who know little about music and everything about money and PR. That is just my impression from days gone by.

As I have said before, why should Bliss not taste success, and why should others not get the same help? The arts are one of the few worthwhile things going on. All this money making and office work in the world is a nonsense, what a joke and an insult to souls of the world.

Anyway, how can I make money an even more important thing in our lives? A religion? The question Bliss may want to ask is, can they handle the competition when it eventually arrives, as it inevitably will? I am sure they can. The true question of course is, why are people competing or put in that situation?

The BK ladder of competition? How elevated. The true glory comes from being able to urinate on others from the higher rungs of The Ladder. we are now moving into times where reverse gravity may come into play.

Bliss takes their chances like most would. It is those who have been shut out for whatever reasons (other than money and PR) that concerns me. There is such a thing as simple quality of life, and accepting the role and talents of others without any agenda involved. The privatised sweet shop? I have made a bid for the Bhog message CONtract. The waiting for the response is giving me a twitch, as does BK attitudes towards the arts. Things may have changed of course, for better or worse.

It all changes now, there is powerful stuff going on at the moment generally and universally.

button slammer

PBK

Visit my gallery..

Post09 Oct 2007

You are all invited to my Gallery over at http://blogunner.deviantart.com/ .

Its mostly scraps of old stuff that I have lying around the place, although there are one or two pieces of finished work on display. I have a wide and versatile range of styles and techniques ranging from psychedelic to traditional charcoal portraiture, anyway enough from me. Please feel most welcome to visit and sign my gallery book. :)

button slammer

PBK

memory of a previous birth..

Post18 Oct 2007

Here's a sketch of a 'meditation experience' from back in the day. I took the drawing for Baba/Virendra Dev Dixit to look at.
    'What is it? He asked. I explained briefly the background to it.
    'It is the memory of a previous birth, you should prepare a spiritual exhibition'.
[url=http://blogunner.deviantart.com/art/memory-of-a-previous-birth-67510740] Art: memory-of-a-previous-birth
[/url]
Here's the link. Anybody else have 'spiritual/meditational' images/artwork to share?

arjun

PBK

Post18 Oct 2007

Dear buttonslammer,

Omshanti, your paintings have reminded me of my childhood when I used to draw and paint. Pencil drawings and water colours were my favourites. My BK and PBK life was so busy that I could not get time to practice that art again. It has been almost two decades since I stopped drawing and painting, but I sometimes go back to those days in my memory when I see some of those pencil drawings by chance. I thank my teacher who encouraged me to come up to that level.

Your paintings are much more intricate. I hope you still get time to practice this art form.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

arjun

PBK

Post25 Oct 2007

Omshanti.

The role of music in the overall mental, spiritual and physical health has been acknowledged in India (and possibly abroad) since ages.

I had the first hand experience of the soothing effect of music on one's health in the last couple of days when I played Indian classical devotional vocal music (thanks to http://www.musicindiaonline.com) when I have been down with cold (running nose, sneezes and body pain).

When not playing the music, I felt like sleeping continuously to forget the disease, but when I played the above music, I am able to sit on the computer for long hours and work even when I am ill.

Although Baba has not encouraged music in the Murlis, nevertheless, He says that one can play certain songs to increase the zeal and enthusiasm.

As regards the BK songs, I like only the old ones produced in the 1970s (during the satopradhan period of the BK music).

The above view is my personal opinion.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Bliss

Post19 May 2008

abrahma Kumar wrote:Nothing against Lucinda and Andy at all.

Are they "Lucinda and Andy" no more? See; Day In The Life: Lucinda Drayton, spiritual singer and MD of Blissful Records
Lucinda Drayton wrote:11.30am

I go into an assembly at a primary school to sing a couple of songs and talk about - values. The reaction is great – children of that age are so wide open and they love it if you can sing and play the guitar. It’s important to instil self esteem at a very young age. People would deal better with crises in later life if they were happy in themselves.

It’s fine if people are dismissive of what I do. If they’re happy and don’t need it, that’s great. Most people only wake up to it when they reach a black hole and then it can help. I went through a personal crisis when I split with my partner of 17 years and had to leave my home. But music and my spiritual practice definitely helped me recover quickly.

3pm

I am vegetarian and at lunch I’ll often cook for myself and Samantha. Lentil soup sounds a bit predictable, but I often make that! My partner Marcus Cliffe, a bassist who has worked with Mark Knopfler and Emma Bunton, calls me the “Lentil Sandal Brigade”. He lives in London, so I hop between there and Cornwall. I used to live in London but came back to Cornwall where I grew up. I love it here.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: The Arts

Post24 May 2008

What with the news of Bliss lead singer "moving away from Baba" and going back to the world of relationships, I wonder what this means for the BKWSU ... are Bliss CDs no longer Sattvic or are they still useful IPs and "products" to attract individuals closer to the BKWSU?

Interestingly, it seems so as even her new product, a CDs of cover songs by other stars (all of whom legally will get a small royalty, no doubt) called Both Sides, is being sold and promoted by the BKWSU online shop. What does this mean???

Did it all not "depend upon the (soul/Baba) consciousness"?
    Why make money selling Lucinda Drayton but not original artists Stevie Wonder or Sting?
    Are we guaranteed her level of consciousness is safe and still "touched by Baba" whereas Stevie's or Sting's is not and still impure?

So, what is it exactly the BKWSU is selling these days ... and what does one have to do to get in on the BKWSU co-prosperity trading zone?
Remember, in context, that the BKWSO sued this forum because we were allegedly making money out using their name in our domain name by linking to other websites. To see or listen also to the new generation of inspired guided relationship meditations, that sound quite fairly similar, see; here. Price £11.95.
BKWSU shop wrote:The collection includes the classic Fields of Gold by Sting, the haunting Kate Rusby ballad, Underneath The Stars and the deeply touching story of St Bernadette by Leonard Cohen.

Lucinda tackles the challenging Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder with ease and adds her own Thank you for all of it, a song listing all of things she is thankful for which ties in with her workshops on the Power of Gratitude. One of the most powerful songs is by a relatively unknown band called Miracle Mile. The Dust Will Shape Your Sins is a moving goodbye which shows off Lucinda’s soulful side and features jazz flugel by Chris Bachelor.

Lucinda is joined by a host of talented musicians including: Caroline Lavelle on cello (William Orbit, Massive Attack), Marcus Cliffe on bass, keys and Guitar (Mark Knopfler Emmylou Harris), Melvin Duffy on pedal steel and dobro (Robbie Williams), Gerraint Watkins on accordion ((Van Morrison) to name a few.

Each song has been given a new flavour and Lucinda has managed to hold her own even against the greats such as Joni Mitchel. Her heart rending version of Both Sides Now with solo Guitar played by Phil Hudson is a real grower.

Lucinda has always wanted to record some of her favourite songs and Both Sides is the result. It is a Cd for the car, for those times of quiet reflection and unwinding. Its thought provoking and definitely a one to hold onto.

For info on Live gigs and workshops see http://www.blissfulrecords.com appearances...

bansy

Re: The Arts

Post28 May 2008

Arjun wrote:Although Baba has not encouraged music in the Murlis, nevertheless, He says that one can play certain songs to increase the zeal and enthusiasm.

There's nothing like playing a bunch of Beatles song.

A ballad like "All You Need Is Love" and "Strawberry Fields Forever" or "Yesterday" works well anytime.

What I am getting at is even after all these years, this band seems to be the only one to touch all ages and all places in the world. Their songs are so simple.

I suppose "In My Life" can be adopted by any spiritual group.
The Beatles wrote:There are places i'll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends i still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life i've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When i think of love as something new