Final Exams

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

john

reforming BK

Final Exams

Post11 Jan 2007

Imagine the scenario.

University students are revising for their final exams, yet unknowingly the things they are revising are incomplete, altered, whole sections of the course missing.

How will they feel when they get the exam results and realise they hadn't done as well as their efforts warrantied and further realised other students had kept parts of the course back for only themselves to study, as well as altering the course itself?
    Cheated?
    Ring any bells?
Hope so. It's time for BKs to wake from their slumber

sparkal

BK supporter

Post13 Jan 2007

"Knowledge is power". Power has been attained through history by denying others knowledge, or indeed taking knowledge away from society. I do hope that you are not trying to spoil our good games are you? We cannot have shudras gaining knowledge, I mean, they could even become elevated beings as a result. Otherwise, I doubt whether the world is interested anyway as there are only so many who have "recognised" as such, so let's keep it that way.

I have highlighted "the game which children play" before, that of holding others back in order to create the illusion of moving forward ourselves. Baba and drama may have other thoughts though.

mitra

BK

Post13 Mar 2007

What is the question for the last exam?

john

reforming BK

Post13 Mar 2007

Mitra wrote:What is the question for the last exam?

Did you listen to those who were trying to reveal the truth or did you just follow Dadis? I think that has to be in there somewhere.

mitra

BK

Post14 Mar 2007

8) I am not following any Brothers or Sisters but learning lessons from their mistakes - if they had done any. I am just following the Murli and Brahma Baba.

IBHS
MITRA
8)

john

reforming BK

Post14 Mar 2007

Mitra wrote:8) Iam not following any Brothers or Sisters but learning lessons from their mistakes-if they had done any. Iam just following the Murli and Brahma Baba

My point is that BKs may be unknowingly or unwittingly following the Dadis enmasse and thinking/assuming it is Shrimat.

With rewrites of history and Murli it does kind of point in that direction. Are you able to ask anyone for clarity in any questions? For example how did BKs teach/practise rememberance before 1969?

Surely the final exam is rememberance, without accurate knowledge will that be accurate?

alladin

no label

Yogeshwari with blood on their hands?

Post14 Mar 2007

True but still I feel that without dharna, like Adikari was saying in another topic, continuing to give sorrow and disrespect to other souls, perfect Gyan, purity and unshakeable remembrance are all pretence. Appearing to be in a high stage and enjoying one's position for a life time of faked "spiritual efforts", will not help during the final moments.

How can you run through barricades or buildings in flames or crumbling down, and how can you fly to Paramdam with a baggage of sins on your back? I'd rather concentrate on trying to be a good person with other brothter/Sister souls and gain a place in God's heart through that.

joel

ex-BK

Post25 Mar 2007

John wrote: For example how did BKs teach/practise rememberance before 1969?

The Seniors' accounts I recall were that they never distinguished between Shiva and Brahma. Brahma was Baba to them. There was only one Baba to them.

With the development of their spiritual teachings, it does not surprise me that they would have expunged their prior history. When did the practice of soul consciousness begin? When did the soul-conscious/body-conscious duality emerge? Interesting questions. At least to those who are interested to know.

I think one aspect of the spiritual philosophy is the Truthiness of it, something absolute that people might hold onto. The other aspect is how a set of beliefs allows one to bond to a group of people with similar beliefs. That is more of a cultural bond. Beliefs, rituals, songs, diet, disciplines, lifestyle--all merge together as group identity.

It is especially Western to try to isolate each atomic component of the philosophy and argue it to death. I think many Indians are less rigid in how they interpret things.

On the other hand, some Indian BKs (Jagdish comes to mind) were happy to argue anything to any imaginable length. He was able to do it with both rigor and humor, although that doesn't make anything true.

If there are some examples of children "remembering" their past lives, identifying people by name and recalling their histories, does that prove that all are reborn? Or could it be a mysterious "apparent rebirth" where the person knows things for inexplicable reasons?

Do we need answers to live a happy life? Does someone with a developed philosophy of karma who can give convincing lectures lead a happier or more enlightened life than one who doesn't? Is spiritual knowledge curative? In every case? Probably in some cases. In other cases it is avocation. There are ways to reframe one's life in a positive light without having to resort to cosmology or philosophy. If individuals differ, perhaps there can be no one medicine for everyone.

"Consider yourself a soul and remember God" according to the BKs is the one medicine everyone needs. They need a message of hope and faith. Or they need examples of radiant beings that will fulfill their longing for their own religious founders or saints. BKs believe they are preparing themselves to fulfill all such desires before we return to the Soul World together.

If one size could fit all, then maybe the BKs somewhere have the answer to that. I am going off topic, but maybe this is the topic.

"I am Chaturburj." Maybe we should try that for a while? What constitutes my sense of self? Do I need to tell myself who I am in order to be myself?

tinydot

ex-BK

Post25 Mar 2007

joel wrote:The Seniors' accounts I recall were that they never distinguished between Shiva and Brahma. Brahma was Baba to them. There was only one Baba to them.

With all the documents being dug up, I am forming a hypothesis/theory for myself that the SS and Dadis had no knowledge that Shiva was entering Brahma during those times. The concept of Shiva only emerged in a later time.

Return to BK