Forgiveness

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

driedexbk

ex-BK

Post29 Mar 2007

Mitra wrote:That is what exactly tells in Murli's daily. IF someone has done anything wrong, they can correct it by listening to the Murli's.

Dear Mitra:

That quote comes from Abrahma Kumar, not from me. It is not a problem but making the correction may help to keep the thread coherent for everyone to follow.

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post17 Apr 2007

The ultimate power of forgiveness; apologies for the length of this article which someone emailed to me ; but I found it very interesting. It ties in with something that I was feeling in Madhuban; that those of us on the periphery who care have the ability to heal this mess through the power of love.

LOVE THYSELF ...
Dr. Joe Vitale wrote:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** ARTICLE: The World's Most Unusual Therapist - by Dr. Joe Vitale **

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two years ago, I heard about a therapist in Hawaii who cured a complete ward of criminally insane patients--without ever seeing any of them. The psychologist would study an inmate's chart and then look within himself to see how he created that person's illness. As he improved himself, the patient improved.

When I first heard this story, I thought it was an urban legend. How could anyone heal anyone else by healing himself? How could even the best self-improvement master cure the criminally insane? It did not make any sense. It wasn't logical, so I dismissed the story.

However, I heard it again a year later. I heard that the therapist had used a Hawaiian healing process called ho 'oponopono. I had never heard of it, yet I couldn't let it leave my mind. If the story was at all true, I had to know more.

I had always understood "total responsibility" to mean that I am responsible for what I think and do. Beyond that, it's out of my hands. I think that most people think of total responsibility that way. We're responsible for what we do, not what anyone else does. The Hawaiian therapist who healed those mentally ill people would teach me an advanced new perspective about total responsibility.

His name is Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len. We probably spent an hour talking on our first phone call. I asked him to tell me the complete story of his work as a therapist. He explained that he worked at Hawaii State Hospital for four years. That ward where they kept the criminally insane was dangerous.

Psychologists quit on a monthly basis. The staff called in sick a lot or simply quit. People would walk through that ward with their backs against the wall, afraid of being attacked by patients. It was not a pleasant place to live, work, or visit.

Dr. Len told me that he never saw patients. He agreed to have an office and to review their files. While he looked at those files, he would work on himself. As he worked on himself, patients began to heal.

"After a few months, patients that had to be shackled were being allowed to walk freely," he told me. "Others who had to be heavily medicated were getting off their medications. And those who had no chance of ever being released were being freed." I was in awe.

"Not only that," he went on, "but the staff began to enjoy coming to work. Absenteeism and turnover disappeared. We ended up with more staff than we needed because patients were being released, and all the staff was showing up to work. Today, that ward is closed." This is where I had to ask the million dollar question:

"What were you doing within yourself that caused those people to change?"

"I was simply healing the part of me that created them," he said.

I did not understand.

Dr. Len explained that total responsibility for your life means that everything in your life - simply because it is in your life--is your responsibility. In a literal sense the entire world is your creation.

Whew. This is tough to swallow. Being responsible for what I say or do is one thing. Being responsible for what everyone in my life says or does is quite another. Yet, the truth is this: if you take complete responsibility for your life, then everything you see, hear, taste, touch, or in any way experience is your responsibility because it is in your life.

This means that terrorist activity, the president, the economy--anything you experience and don't like--is up for you to heal. They don't exist, in a manner of speaking, except as projections from inside you. The problem is not with them, it's with you, and to change them, you have to change you.

I know this is tough to grasp, let alone accept or actually live. Blame is far easier than total responsibility, but as I spoke with Dr. Len, I began to realize that healing for him and "in ho 'oponopono" means loving yourself. If you want to improve your life, you have to
heal your life. If you want to cure anyone--even a mentally ill criminal--you do it by healing you. I asked Dr. Len how he went about healing himself. What was he doing,
exactly, when he looked at those patients' files?

"I just kept saying, 'I am sorry' and 'I love you' over and over
again," he explained.

That's it?

That's it.

Turns out that loving yourself is the greatest way to improve yourself, and as you improve yourself, you improve your world. Let me give you a quick example of how this works: one day, someone sent me an email that upset me. In the past I would have handled it by working on my emotional hot buttons or by trying to reason with the person who sent the nasty message. This time, I decided to try Dr. Len's method. I kept silently saying, "I am sorry" and "I love you," I did not say it to anyone in particular. I was simply evoking the spirit of love to heal within me what was creating the outer circumstance.

Within an hour I got an e-mail from the same person. He apologized for his previous message. Keep in mind that I did not take any outward action to get that apology. I did not even write him back. Yet, by saying "I love you," I somehow healed within me what was creating him.

I later attended a ho 'oponopono workshop run by Dr. Len. He's now 70 years old, considered a grandfatherly shaman, and is somewhat reclusive. He praised my book, The Attractor Factor. He told me that as I improve myself, my book's vibration will raise, and everyone will feel it when they read it. In short, as I improve, my readers will
improve. "What about the books that are already sold and out there?" I asked.

"They aren't out there," he explained, once again blowing my mind with his mystic wisdom. "They are still in you." In short, there is no out there.

It would take a whole book to explain this advanced technique with the depth it deserves. Suffice it to say that whenever you want to improve anything in your life, there's only one place to look: inside you. "When you look, do it with love."

This article is from the forthcoming book "Zero Limits" by Dr. Joe Vitale and Dr. Len. See http://www.zerolimits.info for more information.

About the Author:

Dr. Joe Vitale is the author of way too many books to list here, including the #1 best-seller The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out. His next book is Life's Missing Instruction Manual: The Guidebook You Should Have Been Given at Birth. Browse a catalog of his products, read dozens of articles, sign up for his free e-zine, or see a picture of Dr. Len at http://www.MrFire.com.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post17 Apr 2007

This talk of Hawaii makes me want to suggest to ask if anyone read any of Serge Kahili Kings books? He is a Hawaiian Healing Arts teacher and practitoner who promotes healing on many deep and wise levels.

I learnt about him whilst learning Hawaiian Kahuna Lomi Lomi Massage last year. The books give several deep principles for self-transformation and healing and explain exactly what 'healing' means on an individual and personal level.

Not to be self promoting here but do try this special massage therapy - apparently in Hawaii the shaman or temple healer would spend as long as neccessary working on his client, up to as many days at once, until the person receiving the healing was healed. cannot wait to go to Hawaii soonest ...

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post28 Apr 2007

I am starting to realise now what it means to forgive someone who has hurt and used you.

The only way to accept the situation and to move away from the horrid space of being a victim, is to understand that the perbertrator of any abuse is weak and needy.

It's like understanding that you are above them morally, after all you've done nothing and they've done plenty ... but the hard bit is the pain you're left with inside having been set upon by predatory behaviour, however subtle and hidden, this is what creates the feelings of helplessness and isolation ...

I have had some really good friends throughout all this and my family have been truly like angels in accepting me back after the rejection I had for them. Also people on this site have been very supportive.

The only people who haven't helped me at all were the BKs. They've turned their backs on me at every step. One of the main people who did this was Maureen Goodman. She was aware of the abuse I sustained first hand and was supportive of me leaving the centre where it happened. But when it came to me wanting something done about it, she mysteriously dissappeared and had nothing more to do with it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share after my initial angry response to this thread that I am starting to really understand what it means to let go and take back my dignity and self esteem from these monsters.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post28 Apr 2007

the only people who haven't helped me at all were the BKs, they've turned their backs on me at every step, one of the main people who did this was Maureen. She was aware of the abuse I sustained first hand and was supportive of me leaving the centre where it happened. But when it came to me wanting something done about it, she mysteriously dissappeared and had nothing more to do with it.

Thanks for sharing on this thread Mr. Green and everyone else - and for the clarifications.

One wonders why, if the BKWSU systems make it difficult for them to 'support' exiters, do not they release God's words (Murli) so that we can read and study by ourselves or with whoever we chose. If Mr. Greens's insights on forgiveness are coming from an 'eternal consciousness' then he will feel a freedom and easing of 'bondage' to the BKWSU that only he knows the full extent and sweetness of.

Perhaps Forgiveness does not need to lay any claim to erasing karmic accounts and so disappearance or avoiding difficult issues is like seeking a temporary illusory shelter. There are things for which i need to feel forgiven and so i will always endeavour, like Mr. Green, to try to understand the depth of this virtue.

ex-l

ex-BK

The Worth Opponent

Post28 Apr 2007

mr green wrote:I am starting to realise now what it means to forgive someone who has hurt and used you.

Yup, apart from the mental, material and emotional damage any abuser or abusive relationship can do, which is not necessarily caused by "your karma at all", the "pain" is one feels in the kicking of one's own ass and the banging one's own head, at how stupid one was until it is writ inside not to do the same again. (A resolve or sanskar in BK language). I do not deny what it said in "The Secret". May be I need to learn. For sure I am not 'there' yet but at the same time I do not 'know it' either.

Rather than see "Foregiveness" as some Holy Joe, doo-gooder things; if you just see it as the "stoppng banging your head on the wall" advice, it tastes a lot better. I don't see that an abuser or abusive system can or should be "forgiven" until they have come to a realisation and repentance of their wrong doing themselves, and it has been reformed. A bit like South Africa via the Truth and Reconcilliation Commission.

Given the choice between some crones parading their virginity as the most supreme forgiving virtue, I'd rather ask for a 'Duty of Care' programme and some public accountability before I thought about 'forgiveness' for the BKWSU. And I would no more walk up to a rape victim or victim of child sex abuse and accuse them of "victimitus" than I would some of the BKWSU road kill and tell them it was "their karma".

I do think that the abused REALLY has to get the message of how not to be abused into their heads, and sometimes that can take months or years to get over. Likewise, pursuing the abusers to change does not confer bitterness, hatred, vengeance or any other pejorative word. My experience of life has been that as soon as you think you have sussed every trick or kind of trickers, lie presents you with a new kind of animal, a new experience that you have not met before.

In the Western spiritual tradition (perhaps too in the East) there the concept of "The Worth Opponent". The Worth Opponent was someone or some spirit that was equal to you, but opposite on the other/dark side. The equal and opposite enemy to the hero, who save for the tragic circumstances of his life, upbringing, politics, or financial situation, might have been the hero's best friend. Unfortunately, though, they must be the hero's opposition.
"Without the aid of a worthy opponent, who's not really an enemy but a thoroughly dedicated adversary, the apprentice has no possibility of continuing on the path of knowledge."

From 'The Don Juan Papers' (Ross-Erikson, 1980).

sparkal

BK supporter

Post02 Jun 2007

The first step with regards to forgiveness may be forgiving the self.
Previous

Return to BK