What is CERN?

Scientific challenges to the beliefs promoted by the Brahma Kumaris so called "World Spiritual University"

quantum

What is CERN?

Post28 Sep 2015

Has anybody heard of CERN? I saw a video clip about it recently on youtube. From what was said, it is the largest machine in the world. It sits several hundred meters underground between the Swiss and French boarder, and is 17 miles in diameter. It was created by a group of scientists, at a cost of $9 billion. It is said that an upcoming experiment, in which scientists will "Play God", in an effort the recreate the conditions immediately following the 'Big Bang' event that gave birth to the Universe millions of years ago. They are trying to recreate "The God Particle".

It is said to be, an unprecedented experiment that has some of the leading voices in the world of science and religion, sounding the alarm on the risks involved. It is said to become activated in September 2015, and has the potential of catastrophic destruction also. Interestingly, there is a big statue of 'Shiva' outside the building within the grounds, which symbolizes 'Shiva the Destroyer'.

I saw it on the 'nemesis maturity' video. It also has some very good pics inside Cern, and an aerial view.
Is CERN the 'big button' that Baba would like to push?....It seems like it was made for him, with his very own statue as well.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: What is CERN?

Post28 Sep 2015

Which "leading voices"?

It sounds like you've been bitten by some whacko American Christians who get freaked easily by anything that is not "their Lord" and immediately start, "emailing the president" as if that's going to do anything.

I think you mean, the "Large Hadron Collider" (LHC) built by CERN. CERN is the "European Organization for Nuclear Research" who manage it.

The statue is of Shiva Nataraj, the Lord of Dance. The statue, symbolizing Shiva’s cosmic dance of creation and destruction, was given to CERN by the Indian government to celebrate the research center’s long association with India.

It is a nod in the direction of Fritjof Capra, who first discussed the symbolism from a scientific point of view in “The Dance of Shiva: The Hindu View of Matter in the Light of Modern Physics”, published in 1972. Shiva’s cosmic dance then became a central metaphor in Capra’s international bestseller "The Tao of Physics", first published in 1975.

The LHC first run was on 13 February 2013, its second run commenced on schedule, on 3 June 2015.

Destruction did not happen.

If you don't mind me saying, it seems you are still a little worried and stuck inside the BKs' 'End of the World' paradigm.

The tradition of Millenarianism is an endlessly repeating cycling of prediction, mostly latched onto simple or complex things that people don't understand, e.g. there's another one going around now relating to the 4 "blood moons" (eclipses) we have experienced this year.

It's an ancient tendency within us and has been going for for millennia. It's been shown that a large part of religion is bases simply on a lack of understand of meteorological phenomena ... the weather. Nowadays, that's been replaced by science, e.g. HAARP is another one.

I don't understand the science behind the Hadron Collider, nor the purpose, nor why we are funding such expensive research. It would seem to be there are other more pressing priorities in life.

But I don't suppose it will break the universe or replicate Hollywood movie style events, or it would have happened by now.

I would not worry about it.

Here is the text of the plaque:
Ananda K. Coomaraswamy, seeing beyond the unsurpassed rhythm, beauty, power and grace of the Nataraja, once wrote of it “It is the clearest image of the activity of God which any art or religion can boast of.”

More recently, Fritjof Capra explained that “Modern physics has shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of all living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter,” and that “For the modern physicists, then, Shiva’s dance is the dance of subatomic matter.”

It is indeed as Capra concluded: “Hundreds of years ago, Indian artists created visual images of dancing Shivas in a beautiful series of bronzes. In our time, physicists have used the most advanced technology to portray the patterns of the cosmic dance. The metaphor of the cosmic dance thus unifies ancient mythology, religious art and modern physics.”

The classical Tandav is the "destructive" dance. I suppose another argument altogether might say it is all just about a mental/metaphorical level rather than a physical one.

As for Switzerland disappearing into an artificially created black hole ... I could think of worse nations for it to happen to.

quantum

Post28 Sep 2015

Lol ex-l, Yes, I realize Cern is the Hadron Collider, and just wanted to mention it here. I cannot agree with you on "me being worried and stuck inside the BKs' end of the world paradigm". On the contrary, ex-l, going by your many extensive posts here on the 'BKs' Destruction Predictions, I've often thought you are the one overly occupied and distressed about it.

I have only mentioned it Now with Cern, and my comments are from the video itself.

The other Destruction post of yesterday, was as it says, a scene with BapDada and the BKs on video. My comment about Baba being 'The Smiling Assasin' was meant to be a light hearted 'tongue in check' expression. I thought that was obvious ... Please view all my other posts and see just how many relate to BKs' Destruction? ... None.

Please view your many stressed posts re the same, and then you will really have a headache, and see who gets' freaked easily'.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post28 Sep 2015

No, Cern is not the Hadron Collider. It's just one project they run.

CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear Research. They are physicists and engineers probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter - the fundamental particles.

Incidentally, another of its projects was the World Wide Web or internet (1989).

Who knows what the LHC will produce?

Personally, I always stress that the Brahma Kumaris are an End of the World cult and have built their power and wealth on exploiting people's fears or manipulating their logical process on the basis of it. And how many times their god's predictions have failed in the hope of encouraging their followers to question them.

In my day, Destruction was 1986. Then 1986 to 1996. The extension was subtle and unannounced. At the time we were all stupefied and did not question. Nor realise that it was just some human being up in Abu re-writing them.

I left before then but it would be true to say that the indoctrination greatly sabotaged my life during the 1986 to 1996 period on the "what if" basis and so I an acutely aware of how insidiously it works upon the mind.

I have also see New Agey people go round and round the same roundabout whether it is Nostradamus, planetary alignments, Hopi or Maya prophesies, recently the red moons etc. It's all the same dynamic. A few people make a buck selling some book, a lot of people waste a lot of time becoming excited by it. Nothing happens and then they seem to wait until the next one to repeat.

Personally, I think if I had funding for 27 kilometre worth of superconducting magnets and accelerating structures, I think I would have made the most amazing theme park ride in the world instead. Imaging flying at the speed of light.

Oh, that's what the BKs predict they will do in just 21 years time. The collider give us some idea of how much energy that would require.

Pink Panther

Post29 Sep 2015

An astronomer yesterday was talking about the blood moon phenomenon.

It is an eclipse of the full moon by the earth, which is why it takes longer than a lunar eclipse of the earth (the earth is that many times bigger than the moon).

The red glow, rather than being something ominous to be "feared", when understood, is a thing of wonder and beauty.

It is the light of the sun which, with the earth being between sun and moon, refracts at those points on the edges which are where the earth is experiencing a sunset and a sunrise. The red moon is us seeing the reflection off the moon of someone else’s sunrise and sunset!

CERN has been around for decades, doing elementary particle physics experiment. It is an international project that crosses political boundaries and even country boundaries, the kilometres-long particle accelerator runs underground beneath the borders of France and Switzerland. It is a pure science project.

The religious responses to CERN are interesting. Through the Hadron Collider they've found the evidence of the previously hypothesised Higgs-Boson particle which was nicknamed by the press as ”the God particle” but that phrase itself was a bastardised form of what Higgs termed ”that god-damn particle” as in ”where is that goddamn particle that lies beneath the other stuff we can ”see”!

A small number of physicists speculated that the experiment might be too successful in emulating the conditions at the time of the big bang and actually set up another big bang, or maybe a black hole, and that got a lot of press.

What did not get a lot of press was that their speculations were based on incomplete data and calculations and when those were in, the maths showed - and the actuality proved - the fears to be unfounded.

A number of BKs I knew in London in the late 1970s worked at Imperial College in the HENP section (high energy nuclear physics) where the photos of bubble chamber experiments at CERN were analysed. Their job was ordinary, essentially as part-time data entry clerks.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post29 Sep 2015

One of the most enlightening ideas I've received about religion since becoming involved in this ex-BK thing was just what I stated above, that the origins of ancient gods and their religions were all rooted not understanding what makes the weather.

Sigmund Freud also had several ideas about it.
One of his theories was that religion stems from the individual's experience of having been a helpless baby totally dependent on its parents. The infant sees its parents as all-powerful beings who show it great love and satisfy all its needs. This experience is almost identical to the way human beings portray their relationship with God.

Freud also suggested that childhood experiences caused people to have very complex feelings about their parents and themselves, and religion and religious rituals provide a respectable mechanism for working these out.

Freud also described religion as a mass-delusion that reshaped reality to provide a certainty of happiness and a protection from suffering.

Science keep pushing back the borders of our ignorance at how the universe around us works and affects us and with that we - some at least - are forced to have to re-evalutate our god complexes, vis a vis New Agey ideas conflating mysticism with various elements of fringe or quantum physics no one really understands.

Even science words become magic spells or power totems.

I read the term "God particle" is strongly disliked by most physicists, including Higgs, who regard it as being sensationalistic and I dare say once we know as much as we can about it, then "God" will be pushed back even further and some new will take its place.

Have any BKs claimed the Higgs-Boson particles are the Brahm, yet? Here's an example where the BKs claim authority over quantum physics. Or here.
Quantum physics has confirmed that the universe emerges from thought and hence we are a vital source of this energy field. When we emit positive vibrations we are bestowed with positive events, when we emit negative vibrations, we attract sorrow and grief.

In short, we can create almost anything from nothing, by our thoughts. This means that every possibility already exists and we just have to match our frequency with that emitted by the universe to achieve even what seems otherwise impossible.

Has it really ... where's their evidence?

Who writes this stuff? This is from the Awakening with Brahma Kumaris website, so it might be BK Shivani spouting nonsense as usual.

Return to Scientific questions for BKs