What do I call myself?

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

drsajita

What do I call myself?

Post30 Jun 2007

Hi everybody,

I come from a Gyani family. My parents were in Gyan since my childhood but I got the realisation very late, probably during my graduation. I was really intoxicated, ready to surrender my whole life. The Sister at ashram was great. But when I moved on for post-graduation and changed my city, I had really bitter experiences with other BKs, including surrended Sisters.

I am a doctor and my career was prospering. Anyways, I gradually decreased going to ashram. I met a wonderful person and got married. Its been more than a year and I am very happy. I still love Shiv Baba the same. I meditate, though actually according to BKs I have failed. I do think of going to ashram at times but something holds me back. I do not want to loose my happiness. However, I also feel that Baba will still always guide and protect me. I still encounter wonderfull spiritual experiences.

I do not know if I call still call myself a BK, or I am ex-BK now. But what I got from Shiv Baba was something eternal and intoxicating. I have met Baba at Mount Abu a couple of times. When I recollect those times my eyes are wet. But there are actually many gyanis who do nor deserve to be there at all, and can make your life hell.

Bye for now

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

What do i call myself?

Post30 Jun 2007

Welcome to the forum drsajita. What do you call youself? Well, I suppose that Baba reminded us that we are sweet souls. So maybe if we maintain that awareness we wont be too far off the mark. Do enjoy your time here.
os

joel

ex-BK

What do I call myself?

Post01 Jul 2007

Nice to hear from you, Dr. Sajita.

Thanks for writing about your heaven-and-hell experiences with the BKs.

alladin

no label

welcome

Post01 Jul 2007

Welcome, Sajita! Your experience and feeling about the BKs is common to many of us, unfortunately. Good news you met a nice partner, hope your relationship will never be affected by any negative thoughts or judgement from the BKs, guilt trips or other. Good news also that you had and remember your good experiences with God and cultivate that relationship regardless of the BK organisation!! We have the freedom to do that. Best wishes and love

ex-l

ex-BK

Post01 Jul 2007

Follow your intuitions. Be true to yourself. Do a little good, however and whenever you can. do not worry about them.

I think that the balance of opinion here is that what the Brahma Kumaris are up to, and what God is up to, are two separate things. No need to be sucked into their business.

From a professional point of view, please document your experiences, good and bad, and raise the questions that you would like to have answered, to warn others from wasting the time of their lives.

Thanks for dropping by.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post02 Jul 2007

Hi there and welcome, and thank you for sharing your story. Welcome on-board!

I'd comment that all one has to do is look after your own heart and all will be well. Self-acceptance and self-love are such beautiful journeys ... and it sounds like you're doing well in that department ... We don't mind what you call yourself, so long as you call!

john

reforming BK

Re: What do I call myself?

Post02 Jul 2007

drsajita wrote:I do not know if I call still call myself a BK, or I am ex-BK now. But what I got from Shiv Baba was something eternal and intoxicating.

Welcome drsajita

I understand what you mean by the labels. I thought I was still a BK (after leaving) then not, but, hey, really we'd all like to get to the truth and be happy.

I sometimes think could I go back, but then I read something by some BK, cringe a bit, then realise I cannot for the time being. I have met many wonderful BKs though and wouldn't want to tarnish all with the same brush. It's just the mass consciousness they have now. I am not sure it's pro life and living, which I think it should be.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: What do I call myself?

Post02 Jul 2007

john wrote:It's just the mass consciousness they have now. I am not sure it's pro life and living, which I think it should be.

Its not hard to imagine that a woman like you, happy, successful, genuinely professional, challenges the respressed BK Sisters. It is hard for me to imagine that they genuinely share your happiness or "lokik" fulfilment.

I do not believe that all BK center-in-charges, or even Seniors, are that spiritual. They are rewarded by their system for conforming not developing, which often poses other challenges back to the system.

I think that what you will read often here on this forum how they look down at others and skillfully manipulate circumstances. In my own personal opinion, they are benefiting from other's sincerely spiritual intentions by putting themselves up as the middlemen for God.

If you have a direct connection, stick with it, embody and express it. There is a lot more on this world to do than serve and empower them.

bansy

Post02 Jul 2007

Welcome to the forum drsajita. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

You can call yourself lucky with your situation. Even luckier to have good memories of spiritual experiences. I am sure you will move on well, so speak, and communicate to your partner your concerns as you are now a family unit yourselves.

drsajita

Post02 Jul 2007

Hi everybody,

It was really amazing reading your replies. I felt as if I am back into Shiv Baba's family of shining stars. Thanks everybody. I do agree that cetain BKs are extremely nice but I guess people are same everywhere whether it is India or US, rural or urban and BK organisation and outside world. We should learn how to deal with them.

Too much of sweetness attracts ants and bugs also. Here's the irony, most of the best people I have ever met are non-vegetarians. Though I am myself a strict vegetarian. But according to BKs non-veg are shudras :?:.

Well, Baba is greatest and nobody can ever replace him but at times they perceive their ego as self-respect of a Gyani.

proy

ex-BK

Self Esteem

Post26 Jul 2007

drsajita wrote:I meditate, though actually according to BKs I have failed.
malachiel wrote:That's when I realized that whenever I was doing something really fun and enjoyable, or something that was important to them, it was never good enough.

These quotes correspond exactly with my own experiences. First they build you up, then they knock you down.

I think it is very important to distinguish between self-confidence and self-esteem. To my perceptions a large number of centres-in-charge have heaps of self-confidence but very low self-esteem. Classic bullies, they are full of themselves but secretly feel worthless. They will naturally try to drag you down to their own low level.

You are more likely to find your peer group here than in any BK centre. The forum is a good equalising experience.

alladin

no label

self confidence or pathological megalomania?

Post27 Jul 2007

Hi Proy! Nice to see you. You always manage to say so much in a short post! I'd like to think more about the distinction you made between self confidence and self-esteem. Just earlier on tonite I was thinking of how in some Raja Yoga workshops years ago, we noticed that the antidote to ego is self-esteem. So the syllogistic conclusion that can be drawn, confirms what you said; that bullies lack self-esteem, whilst ostentating a lot of self-confidence. Another aspect about self confidence is;

I think that it is very positive and not uncommon for humans to strive towards the development of our inner qualities and latent potential. The approach Hindu based BK doctrine is that some of us, being eternal souls, had been elevated deities and we can re-emerge relevant qualities at the Confluence Age and lead a totally virtuous life in next Golden Age births.

The risk is that this, "we are the elect ones" consciousness, can lead BKs to develop an air of superiority and ego. Also, it might have connection with megalomaniac or mythomaniac personality traits. This being a contagious disease, as you said, it drags others down to the same level. There's a BK way, a party line, dogmas, fashions you asap have to mould yourself into, if you want to not only count in the BK circle but even just relate to most of its members. You have to become a zombie, in order to connect with a zombie!

arjun

PBK

Post28 Jul 2007

It was really amazing reading your replies. I felt as if I am back into Shiv Baba's family of shining stars. Thanks everybody. I do agree that cetain BKs are extremely nice but I guess people are same everywhere whether it is India or US, rural or urban and BK organisation and outside world. We should learn how to deal with them.

Drsajita,

Omshanti and welcome to the forum. Hope to see your contributions in other sections of this forum also.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Return to Newcomers