Chai anyone?

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

chai bhai

BK

Chai anyone?

Post20 Jun 2008

Hello to everyone. Pilatus asked me to introduce myself (thanks pilatus).

I've been doing Raja Yoga for a million years (okay I am exaggerating). but I remember the days when it was all about Raja Yoga and you hardly ever heard anyone say 'Brahma Kumaris'. I still think of myself as a raja yogi and not a 'BK'. I've never been into the whole institutional side of things, but The Knowledge is so good and the meditation is so fab I will never leave those two things. I am pretty low key about everything. A lot of people wouldn't know me. I am just a pretty ordinary Brother really. What can I say? I cannot think of anything more to say! Except that i have been having chai daily for years. Never miss it. It's the one thing in my life i do not think i have ever said no to.

tom

ex-BK

Re: Chai anyone?

Post20 Jun 2008

chai Bhai wrote:Hello to everyone.

Hello chai Bhai, welcome to the forum.

I wish you a nice stay and good harvest from the incredible rich documentation of this forum.

Welcome again.

Tom

bansy

Post20 Jun 2008

I recall sneaking into the chai room past 10pm in Madhuban for a nice cuppa with lots of milk. Come to think of it, maybe it was just the milk room. Anyway, I couldn't sleep (should be in bed by then as per Madhuban timetable), as the others in the room were snoring too loudly.
Madhuban is quite nice at night, its peaceful without the tourists !

So welcome to the forum chai Bhai.

chai bhai

BK

Post20 Jun 2008

hi bansy and tom and others too,

thanks for your welcome. Yes - the milk kitchen indeed. Famous for hand drawn, fully drishtied, concoctions of happiness. But I did not know you could get a chai after 10pm!

Make that a double! :D

bansy

Post20 Jun 2008

The Knowledge is so good and the meditation is so fab

This is one of the positive points that I expect many have taken away with them whether BK or not.
you could get a chai after 10pm!

Well, it's even funnier to find out when you are not the only one there sneaking into the milkroom. There are few busy night mice in Madhuban, just children at play.

Oops ... I hope I haven't just given away the game :sad:.

chai bhai

BK

Post21 Jun 2008

I don't know if you have been in Madhuban recently but the last few years there has been a chai stand where Bholi Dadi used to sleep, between the toli kitchen and the middle kitchen (also known in the old days as the 'sick kitchen'), where foreigners often used to go looking for gentle solutions to digestive problems! You see, no matter what happens, no matter what opinions people hold ... chai can bring people together. Unless it's dish water chai, then forget it. All bets are off! I realise perhaps people want some deep conversation on this forum. Well, I have decided that being shallow and meaningless is sometimes a lot more spiritual than being deep and meaningful all the time. Like it says in Zen, - "don't seek the truth, just cease to cherish opinions". To stop identifying with the ego of the mind, and just be who you are. Boy, what a relief! Anyway ... I am off for a pre-class chai. Ciao, chai.

arjun

PBK

Post21 Jun 2008

chaibhai wrote:I cannot think of anything more to say! Except that i have been having chai daily for years. Never miss it. It's the one thing in my life i do not think i have ever said no to.

Dear chaibhai,

Omshanti and welcome to the forum. So far we had different colours on the forum (mr green, msorange) and now you have begun a new chapter on this forum. I hope coffebhai would follow suit. :D

But if you come to the Advance Party you would neither get chai nor coffee. Only milk if you are an inmate. ;)

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

chai bhai

BK

Post21 Jun 2008

hi arjun,
thanks and nice to hear from you. Well ... if you souls use biodynamic milk ... then I could probably come for a visit! Otherwise, I may as well stay put where I am. I only take soy and biodynamic in my chai. Too much suffering otherwise for those sweet cows.

your Bhai,
chai

tete

friends or family of a BK

Post21 Jun 2008

Welcome Chai Bhai,

I like my Chai with ice and prefer goats milk, but will do soy ... regular soy that is. No sugar, as I like the natural aroma of the drink. What a novel idea, to be one's own favorite drink :D (pretend you see the green smilie)!

Regards,
Tete

chai bhai

BK

Post21 Jun 2008

Hello there tete,

well, I thought if I call myself something that I like as much as chai, it can only encourage me to have loving feelings for myself even more! And I am guessing that - no matter where one is positioned in the philosophy of BK, organisational things, differences in opinions or anything - everyone at some point would have had a good chai with good friends.

Yes - no sugar soy. Bonsoy is the best. Nice to meet you tete.

Regards,
your Bhai,
chai

chai bhai

BK

Post22 Jun 2008

I am going to be away from a computer for a while, so I just wanted to say thank you and see you all later. There are so many issues on here it is a real head spin! This is good for some people who want to get into it, but I think whatever happens in the organisation, even if it implodes or explodes or whatever might happen, I will just have to continue along and live my spiritual life the best that I can.

I remember when the organisation was small and not really an organisation. It just felt like a community. It is for sure that there are problems now and what to do? I cannot hit everyone I think is doing wrong things over the head with a mallet! So many conversations on here we also have "on the inside". And everyone feels right, everyone feels justified. Even each person reads the Murli and they will understand it differently. This is a tricky thing.

The BK Seniors feel they are doing the right thing, the main people here with the strong opinions like ex-l and also others feel they are doing the right thing. And I suppose I also feel like I am doing the right thing! My perspective is that I have to change things by being different myself. No matter how hard I try I cannot push another person to see things as I see them. I do think that purity of intention is important, and I think we will all eventually see how things are, and it will be a surprise to all of us.

In the beginning I was extreme, but for years now I have followed the middle way in my approach and I will continue to make my spiritual efforts and I think anything that is false will naturally fall away anyway. Maybe the organisation side of things will eventually collapse and we will all be left just with the efforts that people have made, and the incognito will become cognito. It will be an interesting time for everyone I think.

Thanks to everyone. I will see you again.
Om Shanti
your Bhai,
chai

yogi108

BK

Post23 Jun 2008

Om Shanti Chai Bhai

Liked all your posts and, hey, back in the US I had an ambitious project called Chai Star ... something to give Starbucks for their coffee ... sadly, I could never get it funded ...

BTW ... really liked what you said in terms of the BK organization's growth and your thoughts on how they think that they are right and how you think ex-l and folks thinking that they are right ...

I always want to focus on whether I am right irrespective of the organization or the Dadi's etc are right. In my younger days, I used to react aggressively at gross injustice but, hey ... read the Murli and see it says, "It is FIXED". Almost like saying this entire play is rigged and when you know that its almost like WWF, or a cricket match, that is rigged. Do you really have interest to see how it is rigged who are the players etc ... not really you get on with life, is not it ...

Will be nice to hear more from you CHAI Bhai

Yogi

chai bhai

BK

Post23 Jun 2008

Hello there yogi 108. "Chai star" would have right up my alley! You definitely would have had a customer in me ... (I think we need some emoticons too ... I wanted to put a cup of a hot drink here). Thanks for your post - very nice to meet you too. Yes, for me it is important to remember that god is the only one that sees absolutely clearly. The rest of us have a story that we filter everything through. It is not a bad thing, but good to remember. For me, it stops me getting stuck in a particular way of thinking, and keeps me more open hearted. By remembering there are many perspectives and very few absolutes, except for the spiritual laws that Baba talks about - what goes around, comes around. The soul is eternal, god loves us. And that is about it for me. The rest is the play.

I look forward to more chats.
your Bhai,
chai

chai bhai

BK

Post23 Jun 2008

Oops - I posted too quickly. I wanted to ask how you can make a new topic. I could not find it anywhere, even in the faq. Could someone let me know? Thanks, chai.

pilatus

non-BK

Post23 Jun 2008

Hi chai,

Just go the top page of the forum (e.g. Newcomers, Commonroom), you want to enter your topic and you'll see a NewTopic button top left ...
Next

Return to Newcomers