Hello. My name is ... and I am a recovering BK

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

desi_exbk

ex-BK

Re: Hello. My name is ... and I am a recovering BK

Post16 Mar 2009

Good to hear some objective reporting. I am suprised that Sai Baba too is mentioned in the same report. I guess he is a prime example of a con man claiming to be GOD.

Atleast, Lekhraj Kirpalani has the distinction that he was not lecherous (not that we know of ... so far?!).

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post18 Mar 2009

... Thinking about the ex-BK factor (recovering BK process), I don't see that many people on this forum (at least those who's history I know ...) have gone back to their old religions once they left the BKWSU.

Is this so in the majority? That we never went back to the old 'systems' of belief and religious process when we exited the BK lifestyle and, even if one stopped formally meditating, one still did not head back to 'church', 'temple' , mosque etc. Have we generally speaking, let go of those systems too along with attempting to move away from the teachings of the BKWSU?

If so, does anyone wish to share if we see something else coming up in our future spiritual journey or are we more than ever using extracts from various spiritual systems to support oneself spiritually in a more all-inclusive journey through life?

tom

ex-BK

Post18 Mar 2009

Exactly Paul,
paulkershaw wrote:are we more than ever using extracts from various spiritual systems to support one-self spiritually in a more all-inclusive journey through life.

This is how I would describe my spiritual journey before and after BKs. I left the old system in my childhood and supported myself with spiritual knowledge from different systems and was feeling satisfied with my spiritual understanding.

However, without having the need of any spiritual seeking, I got caught into the web of the BKs and, thanks God, I saved myself from them and I am still alive and content with my spiritual life.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post18 Mar 2009

I have just read through this thread which I find very interesting and informative. I might add that I did know of not only lesbian action but also bi-sexual interaction amongst some Brahmins who attended meditation, Murli in the morning and did service in the afternoon, and after hours, well ... they entertained each other. Is this gossip?

I watched how adult Brothers and Sisters used their Brahmin status to fulfill their hunger for intimacy in a platonic way, playing childish teenage games and luring people into the organization with this so-called "innocent" behavior.

My family's religion was never interesting to me, as I always thought of religion in general as equivalent to organized crime. I still think religion is mostly corrupt but I am less judgemental about it than I used to be because I now see that all world religions are in a state of corruption and crisis and everybody is searching for themselves via some link to God. I probably never would have gone to India if it wasn't for the BKs. My experience there was positive for the most part but that's only because they thought I was more important than I really was so they gave me preferential treatment.

I had to put up with bitchy Sisters but, thank goodness, I also had some nice ones around me. I never connected with my family's religion, so it was easy for me to feel that my religion is peace and that I am a soul and not a body or a label. But being BK is a label and the white clothing is a costume and the principles are dogma, and the sly way of funding their ashram is the same way the church funds itself. I found God and for that I am grateful. But, boy, was there a price to pay.

desi_exbk

ex-BK

Post20 Mar 2009

rayoflight wrote:I have just read through this thread which I find very interesting and informative.

It's an effort to bring Indian perspective to the forum. I am glad you found it informative.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post20 Mar 2009

rayoflight wrote:I might add that I did know of not only lesbian action but also bi-sexual interaction amongst some Brahmins who attended meditation, Murli in the morning and did service in the afternoon, and after hours, well ... they entertained each other. Is this gossip?

If it is true, it is worthy of documenting. Using "gossip" as a put down for "reality" is a BKWSU tactic, not belonging here.

Paint it as it is, I say.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post20 Mar 2009

If it is true, it is worthy of documenting. Using "gossip" as a put down for "reality" is a BKWSU tactic, not belonging here.

It is true.

I personally don't care what people do. I am not the BK police, never wanted to be and never have been. People should be free. I exchanged personal freedom to become a better person which I now realize was not necessary. If it is true that we learn from suffering, then this is the #1 gift I got from the BKs.

But it was the rampant hypocrisy that caused confusion for many people that angered me the most. Underneath the pristine white image is a form of archaic human repression that history has proven to cause everything from revolutions to diseases. The world has been striving for freedom in every sense for God knows how long and the BKs just took that progress and regressed it by decades.

Sometimes we need to give credit where credit is due, but I don't feel like giving them anything anymore, thank you very much. They're takers and they think they're givers.

There are lessons to be learned here.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post21 Mar 2009

rayoflight wrote: I am not the BK police, never wanted to be and never have been.

What amazes me is here you are, someone else in some other country ... and you have come to exactly the same impression as we have without any discussion between us all. That must speak of a reality of the way they are.

There is no question of "being police". It is not about that. Its about compassion for others. Other non-BKs yet to save them going through the same loop with the BKWSU.

One thing I took from Buddhism was the concept of attempting to expand one's compassion over others. Its not enought o just look over one's own karma or one's own wellbeing ... once you have that in some sense of order, then one has a responsibility to extend that awareness over the actions of others in one's society.

If you lived in a village and there was an thief, you would warn everyone. If there was doubt, you would gather evidence and bring the whole matter up for discussion ... even warn the otehr villages nearby. That is all I am talking about. Our "villages" are global now.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post21 Mar 2009

ex-l wrote:One thing I took from Buddhism was the concept of attempting to expand one's compassion over others. It's not enough to just look over one's own karma or one's own wellbeing ... once you have that in some sense of order, then one has a responsibility to extend that awareness over the actions of others in one's society.

You are correct. This is what caring is really about. I like the compassionate aspect that Buddhism teaches.

I am trying to have compassion for all the Brothers and Sisters I have met in the BKs who have been had hook, line and sinker. I just want to call them up and say, "I care about you, please have the courage to open your eyes and not be afraid to leave," but I am "Maya" to them so they will just turn it around on me, and then I will feel stuck and I won't know what to do next. They have taken the Law of Karma and turned it into a mental sickness that is truly a strike against humanity.

We can only save our own selves but I know there are ways to show that we care about others without having to be a "savior" - that is, by guiding them to save themselves. That is what I am interested in. This forum is an example. I am so grateful for everyone here. You are all such courageous souls. Please accept a big thank you hug and kiss from me :shock:.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post21 Mar 2009

I think the first process of defence starts internally where the individual BK wrestles with their own commonsense to apply "mental plugs" for all the craziness.

Once they become skilled at plugging their own minds, and they are encouraged by the leadership to do so, they can then use those mental plugs to defend themselves and their faith against non-BKs who become "the impure enemy" as you say.

I do not know if you can talk them out of it ... so, at least encourage them to use their time and energy fixing the problems within the BKWSU instead of preying on non-BK society, please! And warn others what their modus operandi is.

It would really help if you can find out the specific financial figures in India. I really don't think poor matas (mothers ... old Indian ladies) should be giving this lot any more money. I think if people knew how much money they had, they might step back a little. There is NO awareness of how much money is going through the BKWSU, nor what it is being spent on.

I mean ... a sound and laser light show at Mount Abu and state of the art multi-media studios in a country where people still do not have adequate food, water and shelter, parentless kids sleep in the street and so on!?! If you cant "beat them", at least shame them into doing some social good.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post21 Mar 2009

Yes, yes, yes, that is exactly right, well described. "Mental plugs" is a great image to use. And if we are emotionally or psychologically "compromised" by personal trauma, it goes without saying that we would be more than happy to "plug" whatever hurts us in exchange for this mind numbing hypnosis.
I think if people knew how much money they had, they might step back a little. There is NO awareness of how much money is going through the BKWSU, nor what it is being spent on.

Well, let's look at how many times the Seniors have travelled the world to do "service". They shamelessly brag about Dadi Janki having travelled the world several times at her ripe old age. It is commerce plain and simple, in the same way that you would purchase a pair of Armani jeans that are manufacured in China for pennies then sold for outrageous prices. Who is paying Armani's salary? The buyer. So who is paying the Seniors' jet set lifestyle? The BK followers.

The goal is to become perfect like Brahma Baba and powerful like Dadi Janki and the best way to do that is to believe them when they tell us (via the Murli) that we are imperfect sinners.

Here is the hierarchy as far as I know. Please correct it if there is anything missing.

Cult leaders
    Charismatic VIPs
    Pukka Seniors
    Devoted followers
    Virgin slaves
Previous

Return to Newcomers