Shocked about this Page

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Re: Shocked about this Page

Post29 May 2009

Believe me ... it is a clever machine (organization) tuned to destroy everything for the purpose of their own survival? Meaning they come up with very interesting free courses, to find yourself ... to be a winner, to be whatever ... They never tell you the real beliefs, or philosophies, that comes later ... when you are "ready" ...

The way it works can be found even in the basic knowledge of psychology, repetition ... and making people feel bad about themselves ...

As their Baba say's "knowledge is easy ...". I wonder if they ever took a look at reality ... Reality where they are hiding from. For them, it must be very hard to coupe with. Reality is not always easy but the best way to learn.

Terry

ex-BK

Post30 May 2009

exbrahmin wrote:I am so confused ... I used to like so many things of BK. Now I am so lost. I don't want to lose faith. I just want to belief in a God who immensely loves me.

Hi ex Brahmin

may I suggest, for your own sake, that you make an effort to distinguish between your personal relationship with God (whatever you understand Her to be) and the group view of God (whether that group is BK, Catholic, whatever). An interesting dynamic happens in most groups.

A group can be made up of individuals with something in common, but who are different in other ways, like a chess club, with singles, marrieds, labourers, lawyers etc. They meet, train, play then go on with their lives, without seeking to change everything about the others. The commonality is the game.

Other groups do not see themselves in this way. There is a definite broad boundary that creates a "whole of life" identification with the group. Inevitably such groups have a life of their own, seeking to grow and multiply. This requires a diminishing of the individuals' differences, to allow a "brand" or a "product" to be clearly presented. Especially in the case of religious groups, a dogma needs to be in place - a set of distinguishing principles. If an individual goes against any part of the dogma, their identification with the group is threatened, or they are considered threatening. Or the individual can feel that they are the one who is at fault

I would also like to agree with Tom's point about unconditional love from parents and family. If nothing else, unconditional love shows up the BK for the elitists and exclusivists that they are. I remember a discussion about drug addiction, where it was said that the best thing a parent can do is "be there" for the child, so they know they will not be judged; they have a place to have a break from the intense lifestyle that their addiction entails, have a chance to mix with others who are not caught up in the same web. They then know deeply that an alternative exists, and the step that needs to be taken is not unfamiliar or fraught with recrimination.

exbrahmin

Post30 May 2009

I agree with janisder regarding reality. I think BK makes you lose sense of what reality is. And I also agree with Terry. Yours is a very good point when you use the chess example. I have been thinking about it for some time actually and could not agree more.

gotmylifeback

ex-BK

Post18 Jul 2009

I look at this and I see the fence-sitters, the laissez-fairers and the "she'll-be-right-mate" answers. I only wish someone had said to me, don't do this!

If someone had at least tried to talk some sense into me, I would have reacted negatively, for sure, but I would have taken away what they said and thought about it ... and maybe I wouldn't have lost thirteen years of my life. Where were my friends and relatives then?

I think you have a responsibility to your Sister to challenge her, to do everything you can to dissuade her from continuing with Raja Yoga, and unlike when I started Raja Yoga, there are ample resources, not the least being this website. She might get angry with you, might even cut off from you, but believe me, one day she'll thank you for taking a strong stand.

So, get on her case and stay on her case. She's your Sister and you love her, right? This organisation will gut her over time.

exbrahmin

Post18 Jul 2009

Yes, I agree. I just wanted to talk to her and she would not answer since she was in a "meeting" ... talking with other BKs on some messenger. Last month I confronted her and she got really angry but later on she called. I sense she has some doubts about what she is doing but is too afraid of leaving her past. So much time effort and money has been invested that I guess anyone would be afraid of letting it go ... I'll keep you posted on my efforts.
Previous

Return to Newcomers