The Point of Light

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

rayoflight

beyond BK

The Point of Light

Post21 Mar 2009

It is now becoming clear to me who "God" is for the BKs and why strange psychic phenomenon occurs in some cases. I've been reading the forums and the "BKWSU for beginners" and would like to suggest that some information on whether we should continue to use the point of light to meditate on, be added.

My concern is that it may be a link to the "entity" that controls the BKs, whether that is Lekhraj Kripalani's spirit or someone else's. It has often given me great relief, but I am ready to throw it out if there is the slightest indication that the "entity" will pull me in again via this BK tool.

Thank you for your help.

Terry

ex-BK

Re: The Point of Light

Post22 Mar 2009

Many psychologists warn of the dangers of meditation, particularly for the Western mind. We are already a culture quite caught up in the head, intellectual, always thinking. We are out of touch with the earth in our everyday life, ignore our bodies, ignorant of practical and pragmatic life, look to "experts' rather than our own commonsense, reliant on an economy rather than nature to live.

Leaving aside all theories, if you feel that meditation is counterproductive to a joyful life, then don't do it. Or change the kind of meditation you do to one that brings you and the earth together. That is, a lot of us do not need to transcend, we need to be much more present, and in touch with our senses and bodies.

Remember, the transcendent types of meditation were developed by the Brahmin castes, who needed to justify their priestly, scholarly lives (as well as explain the nobility of labour for the other castes!).

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post22 Mar 2009

Thank you terry.

I was anxiously waiting for a reply ... but in the meantime, I did remove all the points of light from my environment. It is a huge statement for me. Although I did not know why I was doing it, I knew I had to do it. You explained it to me in ways that I couldn't do it for myself. I had no idea that psychologists warned against the dangers of meditation!! I know I can transcend. I can easily intellectualize and fly off somewhere. So yes, I do need to explore other forms of meditation that help ground me. I am very excited about it actually!

I have had lovely dreams recently and when I've looked them up I was thrilled to discover that the decision to completely leave the BKs was good for me. Liberation! I have also recieved a few Reiki treatments which always ground me in ways that truly amazes me. I am a third level Reiki practitioner myself, but when I give too many treatments to others, I start to fly off again. So, it's a matter of exploration. Four months ago, I decided to do an hour of physical exercise a day. This helped me reconnect with my body and the care I used to give it. There is nothing wrong with having healthy bodies and even looking good!

Terry

ex-BK

Post22 Mar 2009

That's not to ignore that some people need to transcend occasionally, but each person needs to listen to themselves.

And there you go! before any replies, you followed your gut instinct, listened to your dreams and made practical changes.

I particularly liked that you are now honouring Aphrodite for who she is.
rayoflight wrote: There is nothing wrong with having healthy bodies and even looking good!

In fact, it is essential for the feminine psyche. Too long has Aphrodite has been "maligned" as either madonna or whore, feared by the patriarchy for who she is. (Other posts on site have discussed how BKs really are patriarchal despite the "administered by women" PR line).

Reiki is a bit transcendental as you say, so maybe you can supplement it with more grounded bodywork, like Zen Shiatsu, which needs to you to really feel the body, while being aware of the energies therein? (Just a suggestion, I am a big fan of it) Lomi Lomi & Kahuna are fantastic too for earthy and empowering bodywork.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post22 Mar 2009

Fantastic advice! Thank you again.

I do agree that some people need to transcend and I am grateful for everything I learned in the past seven years of my involvement with the BKs, BUT, there are problems with their dogma and it is clear that BK's are not always bright and sunny and happy. They are sad and depressed and commit suicide!!! (and let's not talk about the cover up murder in India). Many have strange diseases that are justified as "clearing karma." bullsh**! They are intentionally shutting down all chakras except the sixth (third eye intuition) and seventh (spirit world).

Is it any wonder Jayanti had ear problems? She doesn't listen! The ears have shut down and a disease has manifested. We can only get so many warnings before our bodies say okay, enough, if you don't pay attention we will have to manifest our warnings in a physical way.

Many end up sick because the leaders are misleading and possessive and manipulative and their bossy center heads can be downright mean and cruel. Who needs THAT! I just wanted to learn how to meditate and feel better. So you know what, I learned more than I signed up for, and now it's time to move on. I NEED to talk about my feelings without fear of repercussions, guilt, karma, betrayal, ex-communications, and abandonment and the only way to do that is to fearlessly say, "okay, no more. I am closing the door NOW." I NEED to put everything out in the open. At times all the secrets felt cancerous. They were eating me up inside. I felt like I was in a spiritual Mafia. If it's not in the unwritten rules, you don't speak, don't hear, don't see.

Phew! that was a load. Thanks for listening. Send me your bill ;-). In the heat of passion I forgot to answer this part (wow, passion! it's alive!):
terry wrote:In fact, it is essential for the feminine psyche. Too long has Aphrodite has been "maligned" as either madonna or whore, feared by the patriarchy for who she is. (other posts on site have discussed how BKs really are patriarchal despite the "administered by women" PR line.)

Yes, I have witnessed this too. They have penis envy. So women are in a lose-lose situation. It's like they're taking revenge on other women because they have turned against their own feminity. It's all projection and blame for the repression they have inflicted on themselves in the name of what? "God?" The real God, not the Sindi channelling entity (or whatever it is), wouldn't give these kinds of directives. The directives are ego based, man-made tactics to control people like many religions have done in the past and still do. Nothing new under the sun.

Has anyone ever seen Dadi Gulzar's eyes while she was in trance? If so, what were your impressions? I saw black marbles that scared the **** out of me.

Terry

ex-BK

Post23 Mar 2009

rayoflight wrote:They have penis envy. So women are in a lose-lose situation. It's like they're taking revenge on other women because they have turned against their own feminity

Coincidentally, I was at a lecture last week and penis envy came up (!).

The speaker - a professor of psychology from Pittsburgh, USA was speaking on the crossover influences of Jung and Freud. He basically said that where Freud saw certain images as representing the penis, Jung would look at it as really a matter of what the penis itself (or masculine imagery) might represent.

He explained Freud's conception as coming from 19th Century Vienna - and in 1930's Sindh - where if you had no penis, you had no financial, political, or social power or independence. Women were effectively possessions of the male, so would you not envy those that had one! Look at what rights it bestowed!

spiritual spy

questioning BK

Post23 Mar 2009

Hi all

1) There is nothing wrong being body conscious.
    2) If one is only body conscious it gives bit problem, but being only soul consious is also ridiculous.
    3) A human being is a combination of several physical and metaphysical bodies the physical ,linga (etheric) , Astral ,and other roopa arupa levels.
    4) Let us exploit all our capabilities using this different vehicles without abuse and disturbing others.
    5) Only if a human needs to be in soul conscious there is no need for him to dwell in the physical bodies.He can do this after physical death also. Infact most of the Original BKs are living life like this only.
BKs are the kind of people - I feel - dejected rejected people who want this world to doom once for all so that others also will get doomed with them. And of coarse they will only be devtas and others are going to become their servants or cremators. This is not correct.

God has given us this body to use it correctly, and the BKs theory of sankam yug etc are just stories to support their theory. Do Good things, live life happy, if meditation is helping to improve it its good. So we can take the following positive things from the BK system and neglect all other negative.

1) Meditation (not necessarily the open eye type, even the Christian prayer also a form of meditation).
    2) Loving all beings. ( I am using the word beings that includes humans animals etc., not just the 'human souls-light')
    3) Live life happily with the permissible limits of your culture and environment.

If you want to and capable of marriage - please marry. Of course you can have normal sex with your wife ... that's nice. do not worry about the Satyug etc., it is better to live in free society than a 'rank based royal family' - utter nonsense. Of course, I feel most of us did not like gold palaces flying nuclear planes etc. At least I am comfortable with my concrete house. And you know gold and diamond etc are not "greed" it is super "greeeeeeed".

Terry,

We all agree about the good 'front end' features of the BK system like mediation subconsciousness ,doing good or only good things karma etc., no questions asked. But ... what is your opinion on certain features of Satyug like ...

1) Gold palaces diamond studded garments?
    2) The social stratification - the royal society? My local center Sister taught that even 'dashis' ('Godly prostitutes/whores'- poor translation) are there in Satyug - what is their function in Satyug.
    3) And what about animals in sat yug? Remember in the seven day course they have shown a picture in which a tiger and a deer drinking water together ... after drinking water the deer will eat grass ... and the tiger will eat what ... ??? Wait, do they first eat? :sad:.
    4) Well when we talk about gold etc they are metal ... need to be extracted by melting etc ... who does this ... mining ... melting ... casting? I hope their will be separate industries for doing this ... or is it simple by 'Dhristi'?
I know these are very trivial and not related to Godly knowledge - still ... Please clarify, sir.

PT

spiritual spy

questioning BK

Post23 Mar 2009

Hi terry

We all agree about the good 'front end' features of the BK system like mediation subconsciousness ,doing good or only good things karma etc., no questions asked .

But ... what is your opinion on certain features of Satyug like ...

1) Gold palaces diamond studded garments?

2) The social stratification - the royal society? My local center Sister taught that even 'dashis' ('Godly prostitutes/whores'- poor translation) are there in Satyug - what is their function in Satyug.

3) And what about animals in sat yug? Remember in the seven day course they have shown a picture in which a tiger and a deer drinking water together ... after drinking water the deer will eat grass ... and the tiger will eat what ... ???

Wait, do they first eat? :sad:

4) Well when we talk about gold etc they are metal ... need to be extracted by melting etc ... who does this ... mining ... melting ... casting? I hope their will be separate industries for doing this ... or is it simple by 'Dhristi'?
I know these are very trivial and not related to Godly knowledge - still ... Please clarify, sir.

PT

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Mar 2009

The melting point for gold is about 1945 degrees Farenheit. Equal to 1,062 degrees Celsius ... that has to be some pretty strong drishti!!! It is also going to take some immense heat source which is going to use energy and produce pollution and waste.

I do know think there are "trivial" questions at all, spiritual sky. I think these are good question, such as the "star light" question asked elsewhere. The Brahma Kumaris should have feasible answers for them.

Probably "courtiers" is better English translations ... do you mean the royal handmaidens like Krishna had? My feelings are that this is just a projection/satisfaction of Hindi sanskars for the BKs. A bit like the Muslims are encouraged with the promise of 72 virgins in heaven.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post23 Mar 2009

terry wrote:He explained Freud's conception as coming from 19th C. Vienna -and in 1930's Sindh - where if you had no penis, you had no financial, political, or social power or independence. Women were effectively possessions of the male, so would you not envy those that had one! Look at what rights it bestowed!

Great information! Proves that damage to Sindh women was beyond our imagination. The BKs is a result of that. The female domination gives so-called "empowerment" to women whilst slowly castrating the men to keep them from taking over power. It's insidious.

Return to Newcomers