Help me

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

meghna

BK supporter

Help me

Post16 Jul 2009

Dear all,

I really apologize if my English is not good.

I Meghna Subba, have just join BK. I want to become a Brahma Kumari. Please help me in that like how can I join and what is the process and all.

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Meghna Subba

yogi108

BK

Re: help me

Post16 Jul 2009

I think we should really help ... Meghna you probably should go to the closest BK center and take their help.

Yogi

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Help me

Post16 Jul 2009

Why do you want to join the Brahma Kumaris, Meghna?

Thank you.

lokila

ex-BK

Post16 Jul 2009

Hi Meghna,

Maybe you did not notice, but this is mainly a forum for ex-Brahma Kumaris. You can ask people here everything you want to know:

* about their struggle to cope with experiences they had during the times they were BKs since they have left,
    * why they left the organisation,
    * what they think about the Brahma Kumaris.
Stuff worthwhile to know. I would say here you'll find jewels of experience here!

So many things you can ask ... but asking how you are going to become a BK is the one question you should not ask here. Ex-I is right: the main question you should ask yourself is: WHY? And I agree fully with Yogi: in the BK centres they can explain you exactly how you can get involved.

I would suggest: read all the stuff about the Brahma Kumaris available at this forum. You will know what the Brahma Kumaris is about and what it can do to your life. After that, see if you still can answer the question WHY?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post16 Jul 2009

Yes, why do you ... and why would you?

Meghna, be very clear what it is you want to achieve and protect yourself. Do not just be seduced by the pretty faces on the TV channel.

People here have been in the BKs for decades, they have lived in retreat centers and been teachers. Some of them know the BKs more accurately than most young teachers do.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post17 Jul 2009

If you're looking for a free ride in the Brahma Kumaris forget it, please. You could easily pay a far higher price than you could possibly imagine.

meghna

BK supporter

Post23 Jul 2009

We are 3 Sisters and we do not have any Brother. Both my Sisters got married and that was love marriage, so my parents are not that much happy with that. I also love one guy and I love him a lot. Its been more than 2 years since we are in relationship and according to him we cannot get married with each other as we both belongs to a different castes. More over I also don't want to give 3rd shock to my parents. So I thought a lot about this and made my mind that I will never get married and be a BK, and give my rest life to help others. I love to helping others.

Thanx & regards,
Meghna Subba

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2009

Thank you for being honest, meghna, and helping us help you.

You are young ... of course, you can and still find love, and be married if you want. Absolutely, this is the wrong reason to become involved with the Brahma Kumaris and it will become a worse hell for you. If you want to help people, join a proper charity involved in social work. Or if you must, a proper, established, religious order. There are many in India. I would best advice a non-religious one.

The Brahma Kumaris are NOT about doing social work. I have been told that by the leaders themselves (Janki and Jayanti). What little they do is really just a front or a show piece to make them look better. People that do good work inside them, often do so against the will of the leaders. They are a very demanding "End of the World" religion and, it seems to use, their primary goal is to increase their own status. As a young woman of you would have an even lower status to beginning with.

I am concerned by what you write. If this man is a higher caste and will not marry you for love ... which he can do by law ... then I am afraid that he is just using you for sex. Fine, if you are both happy ... but it appears that you are not.

If he will not commit, and he is not brave enough to break tradition, I think you need to let him go ... but do not use perform "self-hurt" on yourself by committing to the Brahma Kumaris.

Yes, to focus on charity work will take your mind away from him and allow your emotions to change. You may even find a nice boy amongst the charity workers ... but stay away from the Brahma Kumaris. These are all the wrong reasons to join for you, them and your family.

Really, in my opinion, all you seem to be wanting to do is hurt yourself, hurt your parents and escape him. Imagine, if you join the BKs, then you parent will have no grandchildren either ... the Brahma Kumaris will insist you "Die Alive" from them. You wont even be allowed to eat the food your mother cooks.

Please think more about this and talk some more ... Best wishes.

meghna

BK supporter

Post23 Jul 2009

Thank you so much for your suggestion but I really want to become BK.

My parents already had one grandchild and I really don’t want to marry to any other guy. I have committed myself to this. I know that he also loves me a lot, his family know about us and I do often visit to his house but the thing is that he loves a lot to his family and he belongs to a Sikh family. I am north east.

But his parents are not ready.

tom

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2009

Dear Meghna,

You are now in a very attractive situation, a juicy prey for the BKs. They will run after you, will surrender you with their "caring" and "loving" attitude, invite you to their "peaceful" and "clean" centers = ashrams, feed you with delicious self cooked food, listen to your problems with a fake empathy and show you a fake friendship, let you sit and do some meditation with open eyes looking at the dot in the center of the poster hanging on the wall. In the background a calming music.

They will invite you to their 7 Days Course. They will tell you to forget about your friend because love and sex is the greatest sin. They will tell you that God is coming to them since 70 years and telling them that lust is the greatest sin, that you should only love God and no human beings.

To help humanity, and to become a pure angel like their Seniors, they will tell you that you should get detached from all your loving relationships, from your parents, Sisters and other family members and friends.They will tell you in time that TV, cinema, reading books, nice clothings, all sorts of sports including swimming, any friendships even with the BKs, eating anything cooked from anybody outside of the center, as ex-l said eating your mom's food, all are considered impure and are not approved. You have to forget about your dreams of having children one day.

To become a future queen in the Golden Age, after Destruction of the world you should forget about all these worldly "sinful" attachments and surrender your bones to the "God" of the BKs, which means to the spook which gives messages through their medium. This so called "God" allows the BKs no education, no joy, no love, no care and friendship, even not to save money for their own future because "Baba=God" needs their money; and there is no future for the BKs, "Destruction can happen any minute".

But the BK Seniors are allowed to fly first class around the globe, to stay in expensive hotels, they let the followers buy luxury real estates as centers or retreat centers, the Seniors are allowed to say all sorts of lies, to abuse their followers' faith, to take all their money and create accounts with incredible amounts of pounds (take a look into Library BK Financial), and they are allowed to abuse whole energy and life of the BKs for the growth of their own power.

When you start to come and go to the center they will ask you for some little help in center's daily life to get you under their influence, they will let you do some work like giving out some leaflets, some small help in the kitchen, and will show you great understanding, love and care- all fake of course- so that you will feel yourself in your real "family" and forget about your parents, your family and friends.

Once you are trapped and surrendered and even start to live in the ashram you are lost. You have to get up at 04:00 a.m, after shower you have to start to cook for the niwassis and the BKs. After 06:00 a.m Murli class and breakfast you will have to do cleaning,ironing and kitchen work until afternoon when you will be allowed few hours to rest and then the work for the evening class will start until midnight.

You will have to go sometimes at 01:00 to bed and have to get up at 04:00 and day after day you will forget who you are, you will forget your dreams about life, your ideals, your hobbies, love, joy, friendship of your old friends, love of your family, even your favorite music, dressing properly and being proud of your body. You will become one of the BK zombies with fake smile and a lie in your mouth that you are happy. This happened to several hundred thousand BKs, to most of us here in this forum.
ex-l wrote:all you seem to be wanting to do is hurt yourself, hurt your parents and escape him.

I agree. Your interest in the BKs seems like wanting to punish yourself and all your beloved ones.

There are so many healthy and good options for you now, like working. Yes, earning your own money and staying on your own feet. You can save your money for your future, or travel and see how life is in other continents and enjoy being independent, healthy and alive and not under the control and brainwash of a sect.

I am sure, you will meet soon a very loving and caring partner, who will not talk this stupid caste thing, and will carry his responsibilities as a man.

alladin

no label

watermelons

Post23 Jul 2009

Hi Meghna.

May I ask how old are you?

Tom and other posters said it all, based on personal burns and experiences with the BK. I am aware that often we human beings, do not listen to suggestions and warnings and in order to know if it's hot or not, we cannot refrain from sticking our hand into the fire. It is normal, especially when we want to react against parents and contrast them.

In the West also, becoming a nun was for centuries the only alternative to arranged marriages, but I do not find it as an attractive perspective , and possibly, in 2009 there are, even in India, better alternatives. I understand that you may be keen on helping others, becoming a meditation teacher, and have a genuine interest in spirituality and maybe would be happy to get to know people that have the same interest. But the BKs are, as other posters pointed out, different inside from what they look outside, like watermelons. And the problem is that such sect, like all sects and gurus, is that it is like a spiderweb or a maze; easy to get in, get your blood sucked, and difficult to get out. Guaranteed!

I met nice, truly spiritual people in the BK, in India especially in small centers where there are not too many politics, and they do more Yoga rather than proselytism. But, ultimately, you will find out that the BKWSO has similarities with;

criminal organizations - in the way of secrecy with which they bind people up and blackmail them,
corporations - in the sense of having no scruples when it comes to lying and making profit,
and an army - in terms of rules and hierarchies.

Forget about the facade and about how charming Sisters who run your local center may be. They all have to report and obey to higher ranks, some are corrupt and do not act in the interest of adepts.

About your beloved, of course, to Westerners the caste problem (is he higher caste or are you?) sounds anachronistic, but we also have problems here with different social classes, education, age, races. Someone who has no courage to overcome these obstacle for love, sounds spineless and uninteresting.

You say you are in love (has he done anything to deserve it?). Could it be that you are just infatuated, and if trying to escape you become infatuated with the BKs, you will fall from the pan into the fire.

Hugs and good luck. Can you see that God is protecting you, by enabling you to encounter this Forum before you jump into something potentially very dangerous?

If you are really determined to snoop into the BK lair, do everything at a very slow pace, do not get involved or committed quickly in anything they may propose or push on you, although they are skillful in being very persuasive. They are professionals and trained to pull in new students and vampirize them.

Haste makes waste.

Please invest your time and energy on different activities and friends. I could probably be your mother in age, and what I learned is that , when we focus or become obsessed with one guy, especially if he's not an altruistic saint, we become peaceless, sitting ducks, victims, and lose out other more enriching opportunities to grow professionally, develop quality friendships, educate and entertain ourselves.

tom

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2009

alladin wrote:Forget about the facade and about how charming a local Sisters may be. They all have to report and obey to higher ranks and they are corrupt and do not act ever in the interest of adepts.

Thank you Alladin for your wisdom and clarity.

I have to add that most of the Senior Sisters in the centers who are smiling at you and praising you at the beginning, may become your heartless and cold supervisors as soon as you are fully surrendered. If you have many billions of rupees at the bank or equal worth real estate which they hope you can donate to the BKs, or sign the will to them, or if you are working and paying for the rent of the center or paying the mortgage of the center, or are an IP (important person) who knows other important persons to bring them to the center, you can be treated better. Otherwise you will be treated like a Shudra, a piece of s***, a servant of the center, who's opinion is never asked and who is only recognized when his/her karma Yoga (bodily service) is needed. If you have no greed and skills to make your way up, maybe life long.

I have seen many healthy girls and boys from good families, who came to the centers as joyful young persons full of hope, enthusiasm and love to humanity, ready to do every task to change the world, transformed in few years into depressed, empty looking, tired and nervous BKs who are maltreating the newcomers to make their ways up. All emotions have to be suppressed, which makes one to become mentally crooked.

Even if some beloved family members passes away, crying or grief is not accepted."Not even one tear should fall down to the cheek" Dadi Janki says. But the top Seniors themselves like Janki and Jayanti cry weeks long in public after the loss of their Dadi's. All human weaknesses like mega ego, anger outbursts, jealousy, greed for power and money, intrigues in administration, gossiping, lying, hating some BKs and or attachment to some BKs and to some foods etc, wasting with one capricious order the years long efforts of some BKs, are top Seniors' from the BK community tolerated characteristics.

Dear Meghna, i don't want, none of us here wants you to go through the madness of the BK sect and to become one day tired and experienced enough to see that what we have written here was true. But then you may have lost years and all opportunities of your life.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: watermelons

Post23 Jul 2009

alladin wrote:criminal organizations - in the way of secrecy with which they bind people up and blackmail them.

"Secrecy" I agree with, how or when do they "blackmail" people?

I don't want to go off topic here but I am trying to think of any clear incidents. Do you mean "coercion" rather "blackmail"? Or have individuals be outrightly threatened?
Blackmail is the crime of threatening to reveal substantially true information about a person to the public, a family member, or associates unless a demand made upon the victim is met. This information is usually of an embarrassing and/or socially damaging nature.
Coercion is the practice of compelling a person or manipulating them to behave in an involuntary way (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats, intimidation, trickery, or some other form of pressure or force. These are used as leverage, to force the victim to act in the desired way.

Blackmail is a definitely a crime, coercion is a little broader.

Meghna, you are young. You have obviously been in love and are hurt. It is not a state of mind to make decisions and not the right motivation to join the Brahma Kumaris from.

Depending on your age and location, you do know that the Brahma Kumaris might ask your parents to pay for at least your first 6 months of keep and hand over your dowry? What is your religion now?

tom

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2009

ex-l wrote:you do know that the Brahma Kumaris might ask your parents to pay for at least your first 6 months of keep and hand over your dowry?

Dear Meghna,

If you in spite of all our posts insist to become a BK, please never surrender fully, never leave your parents home, never let your parents pay your dowry to them. Life changes and you may change in time, who knows. Leave yourself your parents' door and a chance to engage one day open.

The BKs almost never pay any donations back. One exception in the history of the BKs is Sister Jayanti's Father's who donated a home but which was later given back to him when he got into financial difficulties.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2009

That is true. Other families or individuals have had to start legal action against the Brahma Kumaris to get their property back ... and lost. Other BKs have taken years of hard efforts to get money out of them, even when they were clearly abused. One individual finally received £20,000 and that was only a fraction of what he gave them.

Its all hush-hush too. They never talk about it, I guess to stop others getting the same idea.
Next

Return to Newcomers