BK adherents and health

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

jann

friends or family of a BK

BK adherents and health

Post20 Sep 2009

Yes, what abouth health? For some this Raj Yoga thing is too much.

Getting yourself up at the time you are in your most important sleep stage will cause exhaustion in the end, but you keep going. Does a BK recognise this as progress? Do you keep searching for excuses related to other things then your lifestyle? Knowing your lifestyle is perfect? What is it, that you even give your health to this spook. Any stories? Does anyone know?

I ask because every time we get into a "fight", let's say discussion ... my BK friend gets sick, like hospitalized sick ... serious stuff. I blame it on his lifestyle ... mostly interfering his sleep stage, food etc. He say's he just got a cold.

So what abouth health, that is BK health? Do they not just breakdown all the strength in the body? And who takes care of them (him) ... mostly I do ... a devilish Shudra completely rejected by the BKs. Where is his divine family????

If needed please post in more related topic.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BK adherents and health

Post20 Sep 2009

As a general rule, I would say BKs do not look after other BKs ... and the BKWSU mostly never looks after BK adherents ... because they do not want to establish a "karmic account", or be accused of attachment etc, with their other follower. Illness is seen as the results of some bad karma and to be "defeated" by having more Yoga. As a rule, if it gets really tough ... e.g. mental and nervous breakdown ... the individual BK goes back to their "devilish" Shudra physical family that they were made to renounced and "has a holiday" from being a BK. When they are strong enough again, they are expect to return to the same old routine. I am thinking of a very, very senior female North American BK as I write this. The renounced physical family is used by the BKWSU and thought to have karmically benefit by "serving" a BK soul.

You might get a slightly better deal if you live in a Sisters house or if you are an indentured servant up at Mount Abu. But even then we have read of 'unfashionable' BKs lying unattended in the Global Hospital. If you are a single Brother living by yourself, even if you have given everything ... forget it, you could die like a stray dog and no one will come to even chuck out your corpse.

If you are not a BK guru-king, and worshiped by your "subjects" ... forget it. 'Love' and 'service' for the BKs are an "unlimited" theoretical things which don't require doing things. Please anyone correct me if I am wrong.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post20 Sep 2009

Woah ... so if I am the one taking care (the Shudra, the devotee, the whatever) every BK soul is clear of karma? That is a shame, that is also why the BKs do not donate to the poor ...!

So what about my karma, donating loving care ... ???

ex-l

ex-BK

Post20 Sep 2009

jannisder wrote:So what about my karma, donating loving care ... ???

This is headed off topic a little but ultimately, from the BK point of view, the logic is something like this:

You are doomed anyway because the End of the World is coming. Your karma is a mess and you are doing nothing to fix it because the ONLY way to fix it (erase it) is to become a BK and do their meditation ... which you refuse to do. So you are going to suffer big time at Judgement Day. Therefore, the way you are going to "earn your fortune" for the next Cycle is to serve the BK, or BKWSU physically or financially. THEY are doing you a favour to earn good karma by condescending to your level and letting you help them.

Basically, you - as a non-BK - have an inferior soul or intellect that is not able to grasp the highest subtle nature of the Brahma Kumari Truth. So you have to "serve" on a lower level, e.g. karma Yoga rather than their "Raja Yoga". Again, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.

So there is not the thought that ... perhaps ... something might be wrong about their lifestyle. If you are weak, or underprivileged in the BK society, that is because of YOUR bad karma. The Dadis etc, they get the best medical treatment, the free use of the hospital, a full-time free servant or two obviously are superior to you and receive these things because of their superior good karma.

In fact, it goes further because the people with the best karma on the earth would ... obviously ... been born close to Lekhraj Kirpalani and lived with him in Pakistan and lived the whole of your not having to work for a living like they did. Everyone else is at least second class.

lokila

ex-BK

Post21 Sep 2009

ex-l wrote: You might get a slightly better deal if you live in a Sisters house or if you are an indentured servant up at Mount Abu.

Even for indentured servants, it is not obvious. They get permission to go Global Hospital. Not even when it concerns a life threatening disease. In many cases, they need to sort out themselves where they find a doctor and how they get the the money to consult one. It is sad, but these stories came to me already years ago.

My first year in Madhuban, I got really sick, fainted and was not able to walk for two weeks. I was lucky a Sister who was a nurse took care of me in the hospital room (there was no real hospital back then). When I asked Janki what I should do, she told me to eat ice cream and halva! Ha ha, I was loosing one kilo every day because no food whatsoever stayed inside. I did not recover. In the plane, I had to lie down on 3 chairs. Back home my mother took care of me because no one else would.

BKs were not allowed to take care of me.
ex-l wrote:Basically, you - as a non-BK - have an inferior soul or intellect that is not able to grasp the highest subtle nature of the Brahma Kumari Truth. So you have to "serve" on a lower level, e.g. karma Yoga rather than their "Raja Yoga". Again, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.

This is correct.

Together with this, it is all in 'Drama'. According to the 'Knowledge of The Tree', every soul has its fixed place in The Tree of Religions and 'isms'. So if you are not predestined to be a chosen one amongst the BK clan, you belong to another branch. Oh, yes, Jan. That is your destiny ;-). Serving a BK, however, will give you definitely a boost! It is the best karma possible according to BK law.

alladin

no label

karuna, please!

Post21 Sep 2009

BKs teach not to have expectations. Being a chauvinistic organization, totally unbalanced towards the male characteristics, covered up as feminist (hahahah!), they permanently neglect the nurturing side of humans, the heart chakra, all of those things.

They discourage people from taking care of each other, spiritually or physically. As a BK you are meant to be on your own, cut off from anyone else. A good dose of fatalism, Baba and Drama will take care ... and cynicism, natural selection.

I'd like to ask some Hindi speaking folks, how often does the word Karuna (compassion), or any synonym of it, recur in Murlis. I don't think very often. Such concepts belong to Copper Age and all other religions. BKs have more elevated specialities ... they are, utilizing a politically correct definition, " differently able".

In Golden Age, everybody is healthy, wealthy and fit, you see? Like robots!

One of the reason why they arrogantly and aptly call themselves "Brahmins" (top knot), is that they do not want to get contaminated by coming close to lower caste people and those who are suffering. They do not mingle with them, unless to exploit them. Caste system, once again, and not even some charity performed. Their way to give is very subtle, invisible, and the rule actually is: take, take and take!

Others should be happy to give until they lose their health, money and relationships, in the name of God. :shock:
This is the truth and beauty of it. If you sit high up on a pedestal with the high vicious ranks, I suppose you can appreciate it!

So, the example and underlying teaching is to elbow your way through and climb The Ladder, in order to gain access to more rights, facilities, name, fame and to be well off, especially if you are clever and scruple-less in selling some restyled knowledge.

If you want to become more generous, caring, warm, loving, altruistic, broad minded, etc, it's up to your choice and personal effort, and this "Spiritual University", is not the place to learn that!

Return to Newcomers