SwordofJustice ... what is 'BK Raja Yoga'?

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

swordofjustice

BK supporter

Re: Sword of Justice

Post26 Oct 2010

ex-l wrote:Hi Sword, I have just read your long post.

I think what you are seeing, and mistaking the BKWSU for, is your own romantic and idealised spiritual path. It appears to be a very good one in theory. On the basis of our experience, I doubt the Brahma Kumaris leaders will be very interested in it. It sounds like you are not following the principles. You are pretty much a non-person to them. If you have no money, and no status, my prediction is that they will not be interested in you at all.

I notice you sidestep a lot of issue just like Brahma Kumaris do. Perhaps that is a habit you picked up from them too? The words BapDada says specifically about the Nuclear Holocaust that the Brahma Kumaris claim is about to engulf humanity is that "you will give courage ... you will inspire" etc etc.. He does not come out with the kind of waffly theory that neo-BKs do, about "raised vibrations bring it about" or something, he specifically states, you will give courage to the scientists to use the bombs ... the bomb have been made and will be used". Address this please.

As for the history, you missed the point about. You really know nothing about the history. You have swallowed the propaganda version hook, line and sinker. There are a few original books and posters from the 30s and 40s that the Brahma Kumaris leaders kept secret and hidden from BKs followers. Start with them.

Lekhraj Kirpalani and they were insane with their own arrogance, immaturity and vanity. Lekhraj Kirpalani was God until sometime after 1950. There was no Shiva. Destruction was to be in 1950 too (having failed to happen during WWII as he thought). All we really know is that we do not know the truth.

From my memory, BKWSU Australia was always a little more laid back, easy going than other zones. The experience of BKs there has little in comparison with the experience of BKs in India and other developing nations. Please don't mistake your experience as a universal experience and please do something for the victims of the Brahma Kumari Moloch.

Thanks for reading it, Ex-I. I think when I first saw some of your posts that I misjudged you. You're quite civilised.

It all just came bubbling out. errr ... quite a long post, amazing anyone read it.

Twenty years ago I saw some of the early material. Yeah, I know that Dada Lekhraj thought he was God for a long, long time and I've read some of his early letters. A lot of fire and brimstone stuff.

Giving scientists courage to use the bomb. Yeah, OK, I'll try and address it. It would be a sh*t thing to wish for if it was just that. But like I said, the raw teaching is that a better world will come, and if you read the teachings closely you'll see that this so called better world is a world based on soul consciousness. That is something I can cope with. So I see in a different context and not in that negative way where someone would wish the world to end.

I'll stop there because you may think it's the BK propaganda spouting out again.

In another thread I was trying to point out that other religions have end of the world stuff in them too. I think you and maybe a few others were saying that's basically crap because is all just a lie to mind control you and screw your life up, pointing out rightly that many people have used religion in the most hideous and wrong ways.

I don't accept that argument because I see so, so many good Christians and Muslims who are absolutely decent people. They seem to me to get some kind of genuine life guidance and sustenance from their religion, even despite the "end of the world" content. And that's all I am saying, a follower of a religion can either be screwed up or absolutely fine. It's how the religion is used in one's life and one's real, genuine intentions and actions that count. Just because a religion has end of the world stuff in it, it does not mean that the practitioners have to have some dark, negative view of life and the world. I mean how many Hindus are warm and lovely people? They too believe in a world cycle and therefore an end to the Iron Age.

It doesn't make you an evil or screwed up person.

If you want to damn Christianity for all the immense and innumerable crimes done in it's name, I would draw your attention to Bishop Desmond Tutu. In my eyes, a wonderful human being who has done amazing good. And yet he is an active and practising Christian, in fact high in the organisation of his church. So I believe it's just not truthful to damn all practitioners of a philosophy because wrong has been done by some.

Yeah, over these last few years my practice of BK principles has been wavering, I'll be honest with you. However, they are increasing. I have to go slowly, it's just a personal thing. Does it mean the BK insiders will shun me? Not so far, they've been great actually. Is it all a con? Well if I find that it's a sham I'll come here and post that, don't worry about that. I hope you can tell I am an honest type of person. Naive and idealistic maybe, I've been told that many times in my life.

It's quite possible that BK in Australia is more laid back. Man, I love that quality in Australians! I take your word for it that it has a different aspect in other places.

Anyway, ex-I I really want to thank you for engaging so constructively with me and my idealistic posts. If you want to speak further, happy to get a PM or e-mail or whatever.

Seeing Kate's reaction in the other thread, I've resolved to stop posting here. It aint doing any good in my view. Anyone who wants to hate BK, well go ahead. If I continue then I'll just cop abuse because I am rubbing people the wrong way. They're upset. I can see that. If I could, I would stop BKs from doing wrong and stupid things. But my adult mind now understands the world sure aint perfect... I see politics and wrong doing wherever human beings exist.

I am personally truely regretful that anyone wearing white clothes would not follow the high minded idealistic principles I aspire to as a New Age hippie ex-BK. Because I see those principles directly expressed in the morning classes and as I see it is the foundation of being a BK. Hardly "soul consciousness" in action if you shout at someone, is it? Yet I don't see much wrong with the BKs I mix with here in Australia I have to say. Very nice, centres are like oases of peace. Laid back is good ...

I wanted to contribute something constructive to people who are suffering after leaving BK because I absolutely hate the thought that anyone should commit suicide or suffer. I went through all the symptoms as I see others have. Your posts to ex BKs are often very rational and positive to help them move into a more normal life in the right way. I can only echo and reinforce those points made about getting over negativity and moving forward to have a happy, full, and creative normal life. BK has no monopoly on truth, on spiritual experience, and should never be taken in a destructive form, even if someone tries to push that on you. We have to take ownership for our lives and review if something is working or not. Of course, I have my hippie views on practicing it in a more gentle way... :)

OK that's it. Thanks for reading and ciao.

- Pete

tpd

friends or family of a BK

Re: Sword of Justice

Post26 Oct 2010

swordofjustice wrote:Giving scientists courage to use the bomb. Yeah OK I'll try and address it. It would be a sh*t thing to wish for if it was just that. But like I said, the raw teaching is that a better world will come, and if you read the teachings closely you'll see that this so called better world is a world based on soul consciousness. That is something I can cope with. So I see in a different context and not in that negative way where someone would wish the world to end.

I'll stop there because you may think it's the BK propaganda spouting out again.

In another thread I was trying to point out that other religions have end of the world stuff in them too. I think you and maybe a few others were saying that's basically crap because is all just a lie to mind control you and screw your life up, pointing out rightly that many people have used religion in the most hideous and wrong ways.

No the raw teaching is that " if you don't follow me better world will 'not' come for you." it implies every one except BK follower is children of lesser god and redemption lies with BK only.
swordofjustice wrote:I am personally truely regretful that anyone wearing white clothes would not follow the high minded idealistic principles I aspire to as a New Age hippie ex-BK. Because I see those principles directly expressed in the morning classes and as I see it is the foundation of being a BK. Hardly "soul consciousness" in action if you shout at someone, is it? Yet I don't see much wrong with the BKs I mix with here in Australia I have to say. Very nice, centres are like oases of peace. Laid back is good ...

I wanted to contribute something constructive to people who are suffering after leaving BK because I absolutely hate the thought that anyone should commit suicide or suffer. I went through all the symptoms as I see others have. Your posts to ex BKs are often very rational and positive to help them move into a more normal life in the right way. I can only echo and reinforce those points made about getting over negativity and moving forward to have a happy, full, and creative normal life. BK has no monopoly on truth, on spiritual experience, and should never be taken in a destructive form, even if someone tries to push that on you. We have to take ownership for our lives and review if something is working or not. Of course, I have my hippie views on practicing it in a more gentle way ... :).

OK that's it. Thanks for reading and ciao.

- Pete

"High minded idealistic principles " are you kidding? (What idealistic is that not only objective but means to reach objective has to be pure} (("Sadhyaj nahi sadhana pan shuddh hovu joie "સાધ્ય નહી સાધન પણ શુદ્ધ હોવું જોઈ એ . - Mahatma Gandhi)}. It's not evil or bad or simply greedy to want a better tomorrow for your self. It's natural (don't fuss about "Drama"). To simply want of something is a human nature, (don't bullsh** about "soul"). I will discus ""soul"" in different topic. And, yes, I believe in soul. But to wish every one except the BKs have to die to fulfill a prophesy a mad man has uttered is not idealistic high minded principle, no matter how you disguise it under pretense of meditation.

starchild

ex-BK

Re: SwordofJustice ... what is 'BK Raja Yoga'?

Post26 Oct 2010

Hello Sword of Justice,

Sorry to hear you are not going to post here any more, because I wanted to ask a few questions.

The issue for me would not be the prediction of destruction, after all it is obvious how destructive the human race is. And yes, other religions have end of world scenarios written in. I was brought up as a Catholic, the difference there is, it was not a central theme, and it was not preached as being imminent. The followers of most religions do seem to believe in a better world to come for them , if they do good in this life. But I do not meet many of them claiming that they are the ones, or that it is exclusive. I think the message of the main religions seems to be that heaven is available to everyone, according to their actions.

One of the difficulties I have with the BK's teaching is that 900,000 of them are the only ones deserving of heaven.

Now I have nothing against BKs. As far as I am concerned most that I know are just ordinary good people living their own beliefs. (I have also come across nastiness, viciousness ignorance and pettiness. Worst of all is the lack of care or compassion to those that they recruit and call their family. But to be fair, the latter categories were the minority). Like you I also think that meditating and trying to be peaceful and develop ones better qualities are great aspirations.

But as you point out you are an honest, idealistic person. So how can you accept that all those good christians, moslems , Hindus etc. are not entitled to go to heaven and the pettiest, unscrupulous BK will. Because they get up in the mornings and practice vegetarianism and celibacy. That just means that they have the quality of discipline, and a regulated life where many decisions are made for them. Much the same applies to many lifestyles. Soldiers for instance and monks and ascetics of other religions.

And if your answer is that everyone has their own Golden Age, can we discuss that? Because it seems to me that the numbers just do not add up. So we are all (except the BKs ) going to be eternally excluded from heaven? Including Jesus, the Buddha, Desmond Tutu? And were not the early christians persecuted. Was that the beginning of their Golden Age.

Does it sound like justice to you Sword? Or even a scenario to aspire to?

because.parmeshwar

exiting BK

Post27 Oct 2010

All teachings seems to be just fairy tales, starchild ... I agree with you, there is no base and scientific approach for anything ... They believe because BapDada is saying so ... And it doesn't matter how irrelevant and illogical it is ... I spent more than a decade believing on them ... Now i wonder ... Why and how did i believe them ...

Your post made me think again ... The questions which were popping up in my mind for all my BK years were ...

• being Trikaldarshi (can see past, present, future) why not baapdada select the Golden Age souls directly and transform them again ...
  • why the mega program seva is to be done to identify poor Golden Age soul ...
  • why big VIPs are being used to spread the message of god (is god himself incapable to reach his Golden Age children so he need VIPs to spread this message ...)
All these teachings need to be answered but all their answers are just confusing.

swordofjustice

BK supporter

Post27 Oct 2010

Hey starchild and because.parmeshwar,

OK I'll try and give an honest answer, as best as I understand it.

First, starchild's questions.

Sorry if this is long. I have to explain a number of things for it to make sense. The basis of BK teaching is that souls are different. It's put to us that some souls take more births, and some less. The actual teaching (and I am referencing the actual foundation teachings: the Murlis) is that a soul can even have one birth.

Where does a soul first come from into this physical world? A place where there is just pure consciousness. Teaching says we are naturally nice beings. So we come into the world in our first birth fresh, filled with the innate decency and virtue.

BK really hammers this world is the world of karma. The basic law is that karma comes back. We do good, and we have happy circumstances. We do wrong, and we will sooner or later get the universal response to show us the fruit of that.

Why do I mention that? Because a soul having its first life, does not have any backlog of poor actions. So it has a happy experience.

With time, the soul lives physical lives. I am this, I am that. We start to associate with our body, then we get afraid to die and there are other side effects of that. So we start to do wrong things under that kind of thinking. I am Jew, you are an Arab. Association with culture, nation, personal identities relating to our physical circumstance.

The soul makes mistakes and gets the return of such wrongful actions. So there is a decline in experience as karmic accounts accumulate. We also accumulate inner scars.

Some spiritual philosophies teach reincarnation but they say we grow and learn from life to life. This is very eastern. Hindus can relate to it. The thinking is that we eventually will evolve through these learnings in past lives and finally become more enlightened and escape this cycle.

But BK teaches the opposite. The world slowly declines because each individual soul loses internal power and grace. And I agree with that. Why? Because I have had experiences of past lives. After years of counselling and tenacious self work, I have successfully resolved a number of personal attitude problems. And I see very clearly a consistent pattern that dovetails into the clear experiences of what I believe are my past lives. So I did not grow and get better till I found a spiritual path and worked hard. I declined. Those past experiences from other lives left wounds in me. Deep ones.

I wish I could share with you the clear experiences I've had in the last two years working with a professor of psychology who is a non BK and who has studied dream symbology, hynposis and trance states and psychology in general. He is a published author, has made documentaries which were shown on public TV in a number of countries, etc. I have now experienced hypnosis and in light-medium trance state had such clear past life experiences.

So ... getting back to souls and number of births. A soul of few births goes through this. A soul of many births goes through this. One quicker, one slower.

BK teaches that at the start of world history the world is very spiritual. So there is no war, for example. There are fewer souls. With passage of time, there is expansion. Then there is a great change, and that world ends. There are many legends echoing this spiritual/religious belief in many, many cultures.

Then there is human failings and there is war, and much more. Yet souls still enter this world. They personally do not get stung by the activities taking place in the world that is now less spiritual. They have their personal happiness. And it can be wonderful and joyous. They too accumulate the weight of experience, one life after another.

BK teaches in the less spiritual world that there is still divine touchings and the religious founder souls establish their major religions. In that, there is genuine spiritual and social good. Teachings, that if sincerely followed, do actually lead to a better life.

I recently watched the little know Hollywood movie called the Message. It was about the Prophet and the foundation of the religion of Islam. If you watch it, listen to the sermons and the message they contain. One highlight for me: all people are equal regardless of race, colour, culture, or tribe. Could anyone dispute this is a constructive teaching?

Yet the world still becomes more materialistic. Each great religion becomes suborinated to personal greed, ego, etc. Till we come to and end phase where we are in great difficulty as these tendencies accumulated after many lives reach a crisis point. Even late, souls come fresh from the source beyond this world.

Phew. Long story. Outcomes of BK teaching are therefore as follows:

- Start of world has less people in it. Population grows with time.
    - The legends of heaven, Paradise, sat yug, Atlantis, etc have truth to them. Our civilisation was once magnificent and highly advanced and deeply spiritual.
    - Older souls have more births and are more inclined towards deeper philosophy. Newer souls have fewer births, probably more inclined towards simpler, more physical lives.
    - Both are worthy of respect. Both are living beings and children of God. Believing in the soul means you see the commonality and have affection. They are simply different.
    - Same with animals. Less capable in the intellect, cannot speak, etc but they are to be cherished as living beings.
You can take the BK philosophy and use it to be elitist. Sure. I can take the Bible and twist it to be a prick and commit unspeakable acts. Or you can understand the BK philosophy and come out of that with some very sincere and loving viewpoints towards people. What I've written is actually in Murli teachings.

You don't have to assume that I am an elitist prick because I believe in this model of world history. I am car pooling with a colleague from my workplace who is a Muslim. He has actually read most of the Q'uran and tells about its actual teachings. It honestly gives me goose bumps. What you see on TV and what misguided "Jihadis" put forward is very divorced from the actual teachings.

Yet I believe the model I explained above. It only deepens my respect and admiration for other paths. I have heard a few passages in the Bible which also are truly beautiful, inspiring and give guidance for a genuinely constructive life.

So Muslims, Christians not going to Heaven? It doesn't really matter where we come into the world in terms of this cycle belief. Souls fresh into this world have their most lovely experience. It takes time to accumulate an overly materialistic consciousness with the negative baggage that springs from that. Also, the main thing in life is to live decently. So if a Muslim or Christian or Jew (or atheist) does that, well not only will they have good karma but the universe and God will be pleased. And I also like to think that just on a day to day level a good attitude will make it more likely that other people in your life will also respond more positively to you. It's a win-win situation in my view.

Early Christians being persecuted? Yeah great point! Good thinking. My God, we have intellects to freaking use them. Under the view I've just explained, many of the souls who become early Christians are not having their first birth. It's all about karma. You either believe it, or not. If you believe in karma, then you have to understand that hurtful circumstances and external life circumstances are "chickens coming home to roost" from that soul's earlier actions.

By the way, even if I believe in karma and can find some peace on seeing the horrors that happen in this world does *not* mean that I have to be unfeeling towards suffering of others.

While we're talking about people from other religions, I've met people from other religions who could teach some BKs a thing or two about being virtuous in action. I've met some wonderful people in my life. I take people as I find them. If someone is an idiot and they put on white clothes and say they are BK and continue to do wrong, hurtful things ... then they are an idiot. May they wake up one day.

@because.parmeshwar

Even if I am duped and wrong in believing this ethereal spiritual stuff, I am living more constructively than I used due to my beliefs. At least I'll die a little happier. Do you begrudge me that? Sure, many people believe spiritual stuff is all "airy fairy" nonsense. If it leads me to treat you better, is it wrong? Anyway, I simply cannot ignore the spiritual experiences I've had, during and after BK. If I think about it, must easily be over two hundred experiences. Maybe more.

I'll try and address your questions in a moment.

Cheers,
Sword

swordofjustice

BK supporter

Post27 Oct 2010

because.parmeshwar wrote:All teachings seems to be just fairy tales, starchild ... I agree with you, there is no base and scientific approach for anything ... They believe because BapDada is saying so ... And it doesn't matter how irrelevant and illogical it is ... I spent more than a decade believing on them ... Now i wonder ... Why and how did i believe them ...

Your post made me think again ... The questions which were popping up in my mind for all my BK years were ...

• being Trikaldarshi (can see past, present, future) why not baapdada select the Golden Age souls directly and transform them again ...
  • why the mega program seva is to be done to identify poor Golden Age soul ...
  • why big VIPs are being used to spread the message of god (is god himself incapable to reach his Golden Age children so he need VIPs to spread this message ...)
All these teachings need to be answered but all their answers are just confusing.

Yeah mate, this is actually really good stuff. Why not question any kind of philosophy? I sure as hell do.

Scientific? Answer me this. Can I measure your feelings in a test tube? No? What about your thoughts? Can I run a mass spectrometer on them?

You have thoughts, so do I. We all have feelings. What on earth are we? I reckon beings of experience. Your childhood affected you, so did mine. We have relationships with others, we have happiness and sorrow, life situations. We are beings who experience, who think, who feel, we have personality. None of it can be dissected in a lab, though of course our brain and body chemistry has a massive effect on our physical experience of the world.

Trikladarshi? Why doesn't God do it differently if I as a BK believe there is a higher power?
My perception is that the teaching is there and it's up to each individual if they want to take the step and personal effort to do something with it. If anyone doesn't want to live a BK life, fine!

I reckon that even with this idea of a destiny for the world, that there a cycle of civilisation and a cycle of time, that souls still have to perform the right karma to achieve a deep spirituality. The teaching then says that if you do, such souls come into that deeply spiritual world that is due to come again. Bit strange, I grant you that. Then again, if you believe in karma it does fit...

Note: nowhere do I say that you should be elitist about any of this. Taking more births or fewer, it means nothing in terms of respecting other people as they are. Tell me what I just said forces an inherent disrespect to others?

Mega service program?
Well, if you approach a religion with good inner feelings and intention, and you're getting something out of a path, what's wrong with sharing it with the world?

Note: if you're causing damage then something is wrong somehow. But if the path is constructive, well why not?

Big VIPs?

BKs believe all this spiritual knowledge. I know that on this forum, because strict religion can go so horribly wrong and because some BKs are stupid and do stupid things, that the path is seen as very evil. But if I am right in interpreting the teaching a constructive way, then the BKs are trying to promote that. BKs believe in this destiny of time and that world needs the spiritual awakening. So they actively seek powerful and influential people to spread that message.

Ex-I does not share my view for example. He is influenced by seeing great harm done to individuals in the name of BK.

In my eyes, I see a more genuine basis to BK that outweighs this obviously very real damage in some situations. And the BKs I've met display genuinely positive intention. So in my eyes, the chasing of VIPs is this sincere desire to spread a genuine message. If I find that the inner workings of BK movement are indeed "black like tar", I will humbly come back and share that with you.

Does God need VIPs? Why doesn't God just snap His fingers and make the world a paradise again? Well, this is our playground down here, the world of karma. Maybe we need to earn and create a more spiritual world through our "sweat and effort"... karma. The world of karma. One of the deepest parts of BK teaching in my view is that statement that God takes no fruit of karma. The universal supreme being remains beyond physical experience. Karma is only for us. If we do it right, we get that fruit of happy life experience that God must remain divorced from.

Anyway, that's my honest attempt at an answer. Anyone who wants to talk about eastern philosophies for hours is welcome to PM me. I really anjoy it. This forum is not the right place for me to do that. Especially as I am pro BK and people here have often been stung by BK in some way. My intention is not wrongful, I assure you.

Peace,
Sword

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post27 Oct 2010

Hi sword

you are not talking about BK teachings, you are peddling your own

you ideas on karma are not anything like the original teachings of the BKs

akarma, sukarma and naughty karma or vikarma, and the aspect of karmic accounts you haven't addressed at all

because.parmeshwar

exiting BK

Post27 Oct 2010

swordofjustice wrote:Scientific? Answer me this. Can I measure your feelings in a test tube? No? What about your thoughts? Can I run a mass spectrometer on them?

BK call it KNOWLEDGE/Gyan the complete Gyan from which other religions also emerged. They call it complete truth ... emerging from the Ocean of Truth. Knowldge means you have complete awareness of all the things happening around you. THEY CLAIM SO ...

Science tells us the facts, the hard facts ... so IT is knowledge ... if you cannot prove it, then why you are calling it the complete KNOWLEDGE. Just tell us you meditate and experince peace, that's all.

jann

Post27 Oct 2010

You watched the movie the message? Sword

Watch this message.

BKWSU

swordofjustice

BK supporter

Post28 Oct 2010

I mean things in the Qur'an like:

- All people are equal, regardless of race, culture, etc.
    - Give to charity.
    - There is no compulsion in religion.
The last point seems forgotten in the intolerant attitudes we see displayed in the name of this religion which lead to war, cruelty, etc.

My Muslim friend has read most of the Qur'an and claims many Moslems are actually following the subsequent teachings of the Hadith, and he says there are contradictions between the two. He also takes care to look at historical context for the original teachings.

He is a very decent soul, generous, stable and highly intelligent. So I take his word for it. I uphold him as one of the true practitioners of religion. He tells me he feels lighter when he prays to God. That tells me he is "doing it right", a sincere person reaching out spiritually in a constructive way.

I've come to realise that the essence of my desire to post here is to say simply this: don't slam an entire religion because of dickheads. Dickheads exist everywhere. Anything can be twisted. There are many people involved with religion actually following the stated ideals.

And that's it from me.

Over and out,
Sword

tpd

Post28 Oct 2010

swordofjustice wrote:Sorry if this is long ...

First of all the question should be asked are "why", “what", "how" it's the true key to unravel all the BK propaganda about their "god", "their theory of soul", "their theory of karma". (I have specified it's BK theory of soul and karma. Other believers of soul and karma have their own theory and rules and understanding).

Let's start all the why's (remember all the questions asked are for BKs they have to come with the answers and not with the bulls*** of the life being a drama).

Q1: why does the soul come to this physical world if it's already with their god in the spiritual world?

Q2: why it's compelled to come to the place where it loses it's internal power and grace?

Q3: why does it associate with's it's body (we are talking about the first birth of soul) if it's fresh, filled with innate decency and virtue? "If we pound on that thought the same soul should not be getting any baggage of karma as it's fresh, filled with innate decency and virtue and should go to the next birth where it should be fresh, filled with innate decency and virtue, and then to next birth where it should be fresh, filled with innate decency and virtue ... "

Q4: why does a soul make mistakes as it should not make a mistake because it's fresh, filled with innate decency and virtue it carried from the past birth?

Q5: what's the matter with the “god” that it let's souls to escape to the physical world?

Q6: how a soul chose a body? Is it impregnated at the time of conception or at the time of birth?

So please try to answer these questions. These are just samples. Will start a new thread about questions that can bring BK teaching to ...

jann

Post28 Oct 2010

And that it repeats over and over why put in the effort. After 5000 years you will have to do it all over again.
Previous

Return to The BKWSU