Please help me

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

kalimoon

questioning BK

Please help me

Post24 Feb 2010

Hello,

I am new to this site and I am very confused right now. I have been involved with BK and working with a teacher for about 2 months now. I am experiencing much bliss while meditating. Some of the beliefs are not sitting well with me but the meditation is so great. I have read about BK being cultish, and I have tried to go back to my original Christian spirituality but BK really pulls at me. I want that bliss. I need some support as I sort this out....

Kelli

rayoflight

beyond BK

Re: Please help me

Post24 Feb 2010

Welcome Kelli,

You are being pulled into a cult that is very sly. You can experience bliss in meditation without being in a cult. The BKWSO does not own third eye meditation and Raja Yoga meditation.

It would be helpful if you did some research to help you become clearer about what you are getting into. This forum has a lot of information worth reading that might be useful to you.

Wishing you all the best,
rayoflight

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Please help me

Post24 Feb 2010

"The Honeymoon Period" does not last. It is a sort of psychic addiction that wears off by which time you have split away from all your family and friends at least internally but probably externally too, and are entirely enculted within their community.

They it and they start asking off you to give everything ... everything means everything; mind, body and soul.

Sorry, I am short of time right now. Although it wont sit easy with your Christian faith, it might be worth going to speak to a Christian Spiritual group/church and learning more about these types of experience from their point of view. Probably, I guess, you really do not know what the BKWSU are all about yet.

Here, you can learn everything. Nothing is held back, I think.
FINAL DESTRUCTION

A student believes that to abandon the system will ensure they are trapped in an eternal repeating life cycle of misery and hardship. All other faiths will have been discredited. Hobbies and general interests may have been lost, relationships may have been lost or badly damaged. The student is likely to feel he/she knows a deep dark truth about the immediate future, but has no one to confide in, or even take them seriously.

Also they believe that during meditation, God's rays of purity radiate from them destroying evil in the world. To stop meditation means one is doing nothing to change the evil world into the new Golden Age where all suffering has passed.

Some students may come to the conclusion that if the central spiritual source of Raj Yoga is something or someone other than God; they may be in great danger by leaving.

The sheer intensity of study and meditation, makes trying to return to a normal life very difficult. A student may find nothing to replace this. If they still believe the end of the world is rapidly approaching, normal life after leaving is very difficult.

Return to Newcomers