BK life purpose is to live without making a choice

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

bin

BK life purpose is to live without making a choice

Post26 Jun 2012

As you see the differences between living in the now and living in the Golden Age is it that we now can make a choice. We can do whatever we want, even if it is something wrong in the Golden Age everything is fixed in advance. The one you married, the children you will have and when you have them, there is no choice. If someone has no choice, they can live happy and without worry.

The BK try now to live as in the Golden Age, a life where you have no choice, just one way, and if you start it makes you happy for a while then its boring and it feels like I want to think myself, I want to make a choice myself. It makes my happy even if I make a wrong choice that is not making me happy, because I can trust myself now and love myself as I am.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BK live s purpose is to live without making a choice

Post26 Jun 2012

We love you too, Bin ... especially if you do what you want and learn your own lessons.

We all learn from experiences and so it is best to do so. Do you still believe in the Golden Age and all that?

Welcome to the forum. What was your experience of the BKWSU?

I also think learning to trust your own wisdom and intuition is important ... right or wrong ... rather than just following a very narrow, "safe" way of being.

Unfortunately, we have discovered that the BK leaders have been very dishonest to us and it has changed our opinion and open our eyes to what else is going on; the corruption, the business and money making, the status and VIP chasing.

I think most people here wished for a high minded "spiritual life" and finally left out of frustration because it was not.

bin

Post26 Jun 2012

About the BK, I don't know if the are wrong or good. I don't mind. For my it is more important what is good for me and when I thought about the Golden Age, it made it clear for me that it is stupid to think that only if you have no choice, can you make the right choice ... because that makes people the most stupid things in the universe.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post26 Jun 2012

bin wrote:it is stupid to think that only if you have no choice, can you make the right choice ... because that makes people the most stupid things in the universe.

And that is pretty much what the BKs say ... they call the pure beings "buddhus" (idiots), not Buddhas (enlightened ones) and claim the result of the Golden and Silver Ages are completely predestined.

The paradoxical view of what is predestined and what requires choice or will is something that runs through out BK philosophy because of their belief that all of time fits within a 5,000 Year cycle and this "Cycle" repeats identically, time and time, for eternity.

Ultimately, there is no choice. "The Drama" and your role is set because it was what it was identical to the "last Kalpa" (Cycle).

Most Westerners have a problem accepting The Cycle. Actually, I am sure most don't. Perhaps the old Indians/Sindis had an easier time accepting it, especially the women, because they had to accept so much in life without question and were not educated.

Now I wonder what the purpose of it is ...
    Sometimes I think it is just a devious filter to filter out the gullible and naive which they can then exploit on the basis of ... "if they can believe this, then we can get them to believe ANYTHING!!!"
And is that the purpose of "following Shrimat" ... so every part of life is decided and you keep your mind and body busy within their world only? How many times have we read Dadi Janki Kripalani telling her followers to "not think, not question ...".

The Western BKs seem to be downgrading The Cycle and hiding it a little. It is being changed into a more vague and general principle. What is the latest understanding of it?

bin

Re: BK life purpose is to live without making a choice

Post27 Jun 2012

Maybe all religions tell us not to think, Christianity, Islam, even Buddhist do. They all have the same way telling people to follow and not think themselves. The BK is the same I like the BK very much, it helped me to clear stuff and even now I have gone away there I feel stronger and more centred than before. I do not think it is wrong to go there and make a decision for oneself to believe it or not. We are adult people and there are many things we can do, the BK is one of them and if you have a good time there, it is nice. If not just go your own way.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BK life purpose is to live without making a choice

Post27 Jun 2012

bin wrote:We are adult people and there are many things we can do, the BK is one of them and if you have a good time there, it is nice. If not just go your own way.

Yes and no, I think. Of course we all have the opportunity to be as selfish and indulgent as we want ... the "right" to do so even, if you are rich or live in a wealthy, developed nation.

But surely we have moral responsibilities towards others as well, don't we? Even have legal responsibilities.

I, personally, think the BK leaders cross the line of reasonableness because of all their dishonesty about their past, their false representation and their manipulation of others.

You could also say "other religions do this too" and you would be correct. They have done much worse ... but do we need any more of religious crap on this planet? I don't think so. I think we need to evolve beyond it.

Yes, I think perhaps part of the attraction to becoming a BK is for us to give up thinking for ourselves, to have our lives decided upon for us, to follow Shrimat and the leaders unquestioningly. It is a sort of freedom. It may also be a refuge for weak people ... or ordinary people going through a weak and insecure period in their lives.

This last case is where I think 'honest religion' is a good thing and the world needs real 'spiritual hospitals' and retreats.

We just know the BKs are not. They could have been become that, but they are not. And so all we know about them is that we don't know the truth about that ... and they are controlled by a crazy, End of the World spirit or addiction.

With regards to the length of The Cycle, 5,000 years was just a number they picked out of Hindu Bhakti. Sri Krishna's "Prakata-lila" was said to 5000 years ago and Lekhraj Kirpalani believed he was him ... before there was any mention of Shiva. For whatever reason, they took that number and said it repeats time and time again whereas in Hinduism, the Kalpa is much, much longer ... 100,000s of years.

The Prakata-lila means the manifestation of Sri Krishna on earth for performing activities in human form. Lekhraj Kirpalani honest thought and told his followers he was Krishna.

Return to Newcomers