Please help me save my family member

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Please help me save my family member

Post27 May 2013

littleo wrote:My point was that one has to be careful not to break the family by estranging the people away from the BK member, that is as bad as BK being estranged to his family.

I would disagree.

The BKs profit from good relationships with individuals and families, the old "sugar in the milk" approach beloved of Sindis ... or as we say in the West, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

It goes back to that equation they've learned that while 100% of someone or something is best, 'something' is better than 'nothing'; and so keep sweet with families is profitable for them because at some point they might at least get something out of them ... however little or perhaps a lot, e.g. some other members to surrender.

I am sorry to say that I have had DIRECT experience of leading Brahma Kumaris teaching me (or "giving me Shrimat") to DIRECTLY lie to and deceive my family in order to manipulate them. That is a fact. I know that is what they do.

Consequently, I take a hardline with them because in what Inventor has written so far, I see all the usual signs of BKism.

My advice would be to a) inform oneself to know what the BKs are really all about, b) talk nicely to the family member who is being enculted, c) give them a choice, "either this family or the BK family", and d) if they chose the BKs tell then cut them off completely ... until the time when they decide to finish with the BKs forever. No half-and-halfs and absolutely no supporting the Brahma Kumaris with goods, money or properties.

It might be seem difficult ... painful even ... but it is less painful than the alternative of seeing your family in flesh in front of you ... but lost and dead inside. The individual being attracted to the BKs also have to learn what the BKs are really like too ... that they have no interest in looking after other people or supporting them in the way an ordinary family might, and that BKs have other priorities of the BKs and the BKWSU first, and families last.

99 out of 100 families will come forward to support their child in times of trouble or need. 99 times out of 100 the BKWSU will not.

The BKWSU will depend on the family to do so, thereby cutting its costs.

There is no point a family investing their time, energy and money supporting an individual if that individual is then pouring it all down the drain of the BKWSU so they can spend it chasing VIPs. Families are far better off pouring their own time, energy and money down their own drains ... or giving it to a real charity.

littleo

Post27 May 2013

I am sorry to say that I have had DIRECT experience of leading Brahma Kumaris teaching me (or "giving me Shrimat") to DIRECTLY lie to and deceive my family in order to manipulate them. That is a fact. I know that is what they do.

I relate to your experiences and there is nothing I can say. When experience speaks, it is the greatest authority. It is clear there is some motivation for every matter.

Many sincere BKs should not suffer due to great harm done by few. I know there are BKs who would like the BK reformed, but they would rather stay and tolerate, rather than leave, because they invest their sincerity in it. Although someone can speculate with this, they don't change.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post27 May 2013

Please keep 'on topic'.

I, personally, no longer think that the BKWSU can be reformed. Individuals within it can ... if they leave, discard most of the teachings and all of the human leadership.

It's a waste of this person's family member's life for them to invest their life into the BKWSU ... learning its language, its philosophy and customs, bending themselves around the dishonest leadership ... only then to have to de-programme themselves and suffer re-adjustment issues when they then leave. Someone going into the BKWSU, perhaps experiencing 'The Honeymoon Period", has no idea of the full cycle of BK experiences.

What they need to be able to be asked is, "where do you think this will take you ... what do you think you can get out of this?"

If they invest their life into becoming a doctor, an aid worker, a business person etc ... at least there is a better chance of coming out of the experience with some practical skills that benefit the self and benefit others.

If they invest their life into becoming a BK ... what is there at the end of it?

Only a tiny percentage of BK will ever become surrendered Sisters and live off the BK money box. Only a tiny percent of them will become senior Sisters and live surrounded by servants and devotees ... is that what this person's family member wants, either to be a BK guru or a BK devotee?

The question to ask is, "what do they really want?" and to find it elsewhere without the same life costs at the BKs.

They may just want rest ... peace ... to get away from the family ... to stop being controlled ... to think about life for a while as in an ashram ... to avoid arranged marriage etc (but not in this case). It would be far better for the family to find out what it is they really want and direct them elsewhere where they will not be exploited.

Unfortunately, in this case, I think it is too late. This woman has already become 'infected' and so now the family has to protect itself against the invasion of BK body and wealth snatchers and avoid wasting their own energy fighting against something bigger and more well practised than they are.

Unless they can snap her out of the dream the BKs put people into by making see and think, there is little they can do but wait. We can help them by telling what the Brahma Kumaris will not tell them, will hide and cover up.
Previous

Return to Newcomers