Help !! I want to save my parents from BK.

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

ashishn

Help !! I want to save my parents from BK.

Post21 May 2014

My parent (both 74) are well educated and very well respected in the society but have fallen prey to BK especially my Father. He was very active in various activities till 4-5 years back like politics, building a Shiv temple in the village, connected with fine arts college where he had served as principal.

He has been trying to convince me, my wife and two teenage kids to adopt but we are resisting without getting confrontational.

I don't want to get into a fight and lose him. He has even gone to an extent saying they don't feel any attachment to us!! This has affected me profoundly.

He is very upset but I told him clearly that I hate BK because
    1) it just doesn't appear logical due to the philosophy they promote, and
    2) because of BK, my kids have not experienced what grandparents' love means.
I know he is donating lot of money but that's his choice and I don't have any issue losing money but I want them to be like parents and grandparents, enjoy family life and spend rest of the day with grandchildren with happiness.

I have read various posts on this forum and have also read book by Anti Om Mandali book written in response to "Is This Justice?" in 1940. I am planning to send him printout of this book but I also want to show him real evidence of why this cult is a just a bunch of lies.

May ex-BKs have said their stories on this forum but I cannot quote as these may just passé as personal opinions. So can someone point me to any reports published by respected and recognised organisations?

Can someone help?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Help !! I want to save my parents from BK.

Post21 May 2014

Dear Ashishn,

I am afraid I can only afford time for a short answer this morning. I am very sorry to hear your story. Sadly, it is very typical and repeated the world over wherever the Brahma Kumaris go. I respect the very reasonable and logical manner in which you are approaching this matter.

In your report, you highlight a key issue ... money. You grandparents have money and the Brahma Kumaris are parasites who live off and are build their properties and empire off other people's money, destroying families and partnerships to do so.

What I immediately expect is that they have been given the "VIP Treatment" by the BKs and so their visions of the BKs will be skewed. They will think everyone is treated in such a way ... possibly they may not even be living a proper BK life following all the principles etc.

Perhaps you could appeal to them to put some money in trust for your grandchildren before it all disappears into the BKs' bank account?

Of course, their love is one thing, but money really is the main issue for the BKs, and they will be encouraging them to think of you as impure and deluded (body-conscious) and to detach any emotions whatsoever from you and your family, and to focus everything on their Dadis and Didis and god spirit.

Unfortunately, there is no such book as yet. I'll have to think about which other materials would be useful for you. Perhaps some of the BKs own discussion of their historical revision and cover up of End of the World (Destruction) predictions?

You could safely warn them that the BKs and their god have made many false predictions of Destruction and changed and hidden them afterwards. For the first 20 years, they actually thought Lekhraj Kirpalani was god ... and they have re-written that story.

Think of it like speaking to someone suffering from a fever that is effecting their minds ... and try and reach out to their rational, logical self. They may be in the "intoxication phase", or "Honeymoon Period" when everything looks rosie, and the BK Sisters will be giving them special treatment to seduce them, special meetings with their Seniors, special treatment up at their headquarters etc.

There were times when the BKs were listed as a dangerous cult by governments, there have been court cases and serious abuses ... but I am not sure such talk will wake them up. They may just become defensive ... and the BKs will be preparing them with stock answers, twists and manipulations of the truth for all such moments.

Part of helping individuals to overcome the BK is to learn about and study the BKs, especially their language and methods, in order to deconstruct their false facade.

You could appeal to their sense of self-respect ... you can tell them many people have been suck in, sucked dry and then dumped by the BKs. It's just what they do. They really don't look after people when they get old and sick etc. They have no pension system or security ... because they believe the end of the world is going to come and save them; WWII, 1950, 1976, 1986, 1986 to 1996, Year 2000 ... they keep telling people "two to three years". It's a good trick ... until someone sees what is going on and wakes up ... but by that time they are often so committed to the BKs, and so destroyed in other parts of their lives, that they cannot give up.

They would have nothing else in life, no friends, no money, no family ... and that is the state BKs encourage people into. A near total dependancy in which thinking for oneself, even looking after one's own interests is looked down about or forbidden.

Pink Panther

Post21 May 2014

It is natural (and traditional in India) for retired people to devote thoughts and time for preparation to face their mortality. Many become religious, or more religious than they were.

Reasoning is difficult in this situation, but maybe if you remind them about all the false gurus and ashrams that have existed, how even the genuine become corrupted by wealth, so, if they wish to do their meditation and remembrance etc they should do so with open true spirituality without responding to concerns shown for money by BKs. Reminders and request for donations by BKs to BKs is BKs' own Maya.

If grandparents think you are wanting the wealth for inheritance, tell them you are more than happy if they donate it to true charities that feed the poor and help the homeless etc rather than give to an organisation that, despite teaching the world is ending shortly, has many land assets & wealth but is always accumulating more… why this contradiction of asking others to let go of material things and they take it?

And tell them what you said here - you want them to share their time, attention and love with the grandchildren and yourselves, that love for family is different to attachment.

You need to make effort too to spend time and talk with them about all manner of things, children, friends, school etc and not just argue about BKs.

ashishn

Post24 May 2014

Thank you both.

Thanks also to another forum member who sent me link to http://www.moreaboutbrahmakumaris.org/. I will go through it and hopefully report back on success soon.

Thanks.
Ashish

Tanya

Post24 May 2014

Truth still remains that BKs have always been and still are 'home-wreckers'. They are hypocrites of the highest order and no matter how much they try to cover up their mischief, notoriety, lies and falsehood, their 'mask' will definitely fall off and the World will come to know of their Truth.

Return to Newcomers