What do you think?

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post20 Apr 2007

so she has every right for pulling a Brother up when he breaks Shrimat in a gross fashion. Especially if that Brother is breaking Shrimat on her! I think she has every right to know what the ground rules are meant to be and it is for us to clarify them for her. If only to give the correct impression of what Shrimat actually is. This guy does not seem to care that much. He's having his cake and eating it on both sides.

Thanks Ex-I for this feedback and, yes, you are right. I was trying to explore the degree of spiritual fulfillment/lasting benefit that someone in Jannisder's position may obtain from blazing a trail based on pointing out infractions agianst Shrimat. Like many others I am happy that this site can serve as a resource through which Jannisder can grow an awareness of what Shrimat is and how the Brother (or anyone else for that matter) may be breaking Shrimat . Question: When you say "breaking Shrimat on her", do we interpret that as breaking Shrimat at her expense?

I was trying to use those ad hoc Murli quotes as markers of the spiritual self-care that someone in Jannisder's position may also be able to benefit from - a sort of self-service - in the journey that she is sharing with us.

Your summation that the guy seems not to care that much and is having his cake and eating it on both sides did not escape my observation either. Together with all the implications that go with that i too see that giving the 'correct' impression of Shrimat is part of the duty of care that we posters can extend towards all who pass by this way. Maybe it is a vain wish to voice but it would be wonderful if the degree of balance that the posts on this site reflect could be seen by BK's as no less worthy of reference than anything they may encounter in-house. So once again thank you for your feedback and to Jannisder I would extend the maxim that: Knowledge is strength.
Previous

Return to Newcomers