A common link amongst the women

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

freedom

ex-BK

Post26 Aug 2007

Just picture this; a mini saree or a very tight kurta(?) ... :lol:.

In my time (looooong time ago ...), when many BKs left Gyan, we went a little crazy just like when you leave a relationship that was suffocating and stayed anyway (for fear) ... We went to the beach with our bikinis, used a little marijuana, drinking and just wanted to have fun!!!

The few good men, I mean Brothers, that had a very masculine way in Gyan had to make a lot of effort to be 'pure', too bad ... :lol: :cry: :shock:.

Remember Brother Henrique with those big blue eyes, big smile, playing guitar and 'in love' with Baba? Even Jayanti had a hard time giving him dhristi !!

(With all my respect :oops:).

ex-l

ex-BK

Post26 Aug 2007

freedom wrote:Remember Brother Henrique with those big blue eyes, big smile, playing guitar and 'in love' with Baba? Even Jayanti had a hard time giving him dhristi !!

Is that true!?! Did Jayanti's stage really shake? The ice maiden had feelings for a Brother? It cant be true ... Henrique left, right?

This is for BK Henrique where ever he might be (Click on the link below for the tune). Did he stay with that Brahma Kumari he eloped with? Did they ever return to Baba?
Antonio Carlos Jobim almost wrote:[url=http://www.youtube.com/v/IWncdiAt5M4]Soul From Ipanema
[/url]
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The soul from Ipanema goes walking
And when he passes, each one he passes goes - ommmm

When the soul walks, he's like a samba
That swings so cool and sways so gentle
That when the soul passes, each one the soul passes goes - ommm

(Ommm) but I watch him so sadly
How can Jayanti tell him she love him
Yes she would give her heart gladly
But each day, when the soul walks to the center
He looks straight ahead, not at her

Tall, and tan, and young, (and) lovely
The soul from Ipanema goes walking
And when he passes, I smile - but he doesn't see my body
He just doesn't see, he never sees my body

Ipanema is a neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

joel

ex-BK

Post26 Aug 2007

freedom wrote:Remember Brother Henrique with those big blue eyes, big smile, playing guitar and 'in love' with Baba? Even Jayanti had a hard time giving him dhristi !!.

He was definitely a handsome guy. Being musically talented is also a plus. Any news from him lately?

alladin

no label

Post26 Aug 2007

Hi. I think that what Heshe defined as
Equal but different

was the key message of feminism and it permeated political revolutionary movements, but not so much political orthodox parties. How the "system" strumentalized and used this push for renewal, through its powerful media etc has resulted in what ex-l defines as
"women adopting negative male behavior, e.g. drinking, blatant promiscuity."

and examples of that are the yuppies and career minded woman that becomes as "aggressive" and as competitive as her men collegues in the corporate world.

In fact, I really thought that spirituality could help people which are interested in extricating themselves from the Kaliyugi all-mincing machine, to implement in their lives and spread totally new models. Something more whole as in "Ying-Yang " balance, so to say! :lol:
It's becoming more and more apparent to me, that the BKWSU is not exactly the right organization one should study or associate him/herself with, if interested in world or self Renewal.

Well, we opened a topic on that called "Female emancipation in BKWSU". About the influence of BK's doctrine it on its followers, I would define it - for both girls and boys - as "psychological castration". Like some extremists invoke "chemical castration" for rapists. Well, this is something more subtle, but it works nonetheless.

And as I write I am noticing that castration has been inflicted for ages on animals (oxes, wether, geldings ...) so that humans can control them and use them as they wish. Even the house cat is a victim of that violence, so he "will not run away, get in trouble, miaow too loud or pee somewhere in the flat when on heat". Doesn't matter if he becomes as fat as a balloon, deprived of his original personality, his immune system and his capacity to defend himself gets hampered. Sects have designed rules and studied it all very well!

I suppose that many BKs become like apartment tamed cats out of the fear of what's out there. We know that, if you are not smart and fast enough, you may get run over when you cross the street, especially if blinded by some Maya's headlights :wink: !! But it might be worth giving it a try!

heshe

reforming BK

Post26 Aug 2007

Fatherlessness is responsible for many social ills. This is not about pointing the finger of blame but recognizing the failed history of families torn apart from mums trying to compete with expectations that say if your feminine and comfortable with your role in the family there's something wrong.

I love to meet a feminine woman but there few and far between. Have you girls sacrificed your feminine for the feminists? You are not the gate keepers of child rearing boys especially though we have generations of over feminised boys without strong male mentors because the assumption that mum always knows best. Bring back sword fights and rugby.

Let the girls be girls and the boys be boys. In Gyan, it would seem Sisters adobt male like traits and let themselves go in the grooming department. And the men add female traits to gain rewards. I know of a Sister who wore a man's watch because it was overcoming body-consciousness.

A boy's development is crucial for having one on one play time with dad at least ten minutes a day to ensure dealing with anxiety in later life. Busy lives don't often allow the essentials but demand the energy to sustain creations built on myth of what might bring happiness. Do women like strong men who will protect them? Or do they feel threatened that they might be seen as the weaker sex?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post26 Aug 2007

heshe wrote:Fatherlessness is responsible for many social ills.

Some men are bad in this department, primal instincts to roam like animals, no doubt. Some women are bad in this department. Mother and daughter work together like cuckoos to push the male out of the family nest.

But again, I think the "Nuclear Family" is a modern and limited creation of the Christian Capitalist system and not the only options ... polygamy, polyandry, matriarchal tribes, children belonging to the tribe rather than individuals ... life is one vast experiment.

zhuk

non-BK

Post27 Aug 2007

heshe wrote:I love to meet a feminine woman but there few and far between. Have you girls sacrificed your feminine for the feminists? You are not the gate keepers of child rearing boys especially though we have generations of over feminised boys without strong male mentors because the assumption that mum always knows best. Bring back sword fights and rugby.

I was never feminine in the first place, so is there something inherently wrong with me???

I hated wearing dresses when I was a kid although I was forced to. I haven't worn one since I was at school (and that's too long ago to bear thinking about ... think decades, lol). My hair is cut short with no.4 clippers so there's the "let themselves go in the grooming department".

Oh no, I wear a man's watch too :shock: :lol: but that's nothing to do with body-consciousness :P.

Why should people be pigeonholed into what's "acceptable behaviour" for a particular sex anyway? I've always disliked children & copped flak for that "unfeminine" attitude ... like I am supposed to automatically have some overriding maternal instinct or something. If I haven't got one by now, its not going happen, lol.

heshe

reforming BK

Post08 Sep 2007

So your a man then?

zhuk

non-BK

Post08 Sep 2007

Read over the above, then think again :P. (Unless you knew some of the more unusual child-rearing practices which never made it to Australia, lol).

heshe

reforming BK

Post08 Sep 2007

Good humour, no spite meant. With regards.

zhuk

non-BK

Post09 Sep 2007

8)

alladin

no label

8 March

Post08 Mar 2008

Hi, spiritual Sisters and Happy March 8th with flowers and good vibes!

This specific space is available on the Forum, if you feel like reading or writing anything in it! :D
Previous

Return to Newcomers