Yet another newcomer to active BK.info contributors

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

pilatus

non-BK

Yet another newcomer to active BK.info contributors

Post29 May 2007

Hello there,

I've finally decided to actively join the forum rather than just watching from the sidelines. Have enjoyed reading many of the postings over the last month or two and have found many of them very helpful.

I've been involved with the BK as what I call an "irregular" student over the last 5-6 years. Have spent the last few months deciding on how to proceed with my main spiritual practice and have finally decided to switch from Raj Yoga at BK centres to activities centred around our local churches.

It took quite a lot of effort to reach this point but am now in the calm clear water beyond the decision/change (at least for now). A number of your contributions to this forum helped me through this stage of life's journey, so thanks for that and look forward to sharing with you all over the coming months ...

:)

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Re: Yet another newcomer to active BK.info contributors

Post29 May 2007

pilatus wrote:I've finally decided to actively join the forum rather than just watching from the sidelines.

Hi there Pilatus!

Kewl name! Welcome to the forum and for your active participation. Light and Love to you, and hope to have you aboard as a contributor in the future.

Life is sure a journey huh? Enjoy every moment ...
xxx p xxx

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post29 May 2007

pilatus wrote:It took quite a lot of effort to reach this point but am now in the calm clear water beyond the decision/change (at least for now).

If only they knew just how much effort. Welcome, pilatus. Yours is the second newcomer post indicating that there are souls out there watching on. So, welcome to all the BrahmaKumaris.Info site watchers. Looking forward too to what you will share with us.

OS

joel

ex-BK

Post29 May 2007

pilatus wrote:I've finally decided to actively join the forum rather than just watching from the sidelines. Have enjoyed reading many of the postings over the last month or two and have found many of them very helpful.

Nice risk to take, Pilatus. I think anything worthwhile will survive being exposed to the uncoached responses of others, you will possibly be enriched. So many people afraid of being seen, and suffering for being unseen, or believing themselves unseen.

BKWSU makes not being seen into a religion, "People should see God when they see you. People should not notice your gender."

Good luck with your church groups. Last time I went to church was a Unitarian meeting in June. They were celebrating Christmas that week so that they could enjoy it without all the commercial trappings.

alladin

no label

welcome

Post29 May 2007

Welcome, Pilatus! Nice avatar you chose!!

Thank you in advance for posting. You'll see the difference! You can create such good karma, by sharing, and be a good example for those who still keep quiet. Much love to you and all!

zhuk

non-BK

Post30 May 2007

Hello and welcome pilatus :). I, too, really like your avatar hehe.
pilatus wrote:It took quite a lot of effort to reach this point but am now in the calm clear water beyond the decision/change (at least for now). A number of your contributions to this forum helped me through this stage of life's journey, so thanks for that and look forward to sharing with you all over the coming months ...

Nice to have another courageous peep aboard :biggrin:. The help i've received here has been invaluable & definately sanity-saving ...

pilatus

non-BK

Post30 May 2007

Dear all (esp. zhuk, alladin, joel, abrahma Kumar and paulkershaw)

Thanks very much for the warm welcome and compliments. Look forward to sharing and learning with you over the coming months ...

proy

ex-BK

welcome

Post31 May 2007

pilatus wrote: Look forward to sharing and learning with you over the coming months ...

Welcome pilatus. I look forward to sharing with you too. So, you were never a BK? Or you are a non-BK now? I guess I am a non-BK now, but I am leaving my label as ex-BK so others can see that I was once a fully commited BK. Now I am not interested in Gyan etc. Were you a Christian before your contact with the BKs? Catholic, Protestant?

pilatus

non-BK

Post31 May 2007

Hello Proy,

As I said somewhat cryptically in my initial post, I classed myself as an "irregular BK" student for around 6 years, and therefore was not a fully committed BK in the same sense as you were. So on registering with the forum, this led me to choose NBK (which is non-specific) when presented with the list of "BK, ex-BK, PBK, Friends & Family of, other" which BKinfo Admin translated as non-BK. However, I am more comfortable with that than ex-BK ...

To answer your 2nd question: I've had Anglicanism subtly in the background since early childhood and reconnected with that strand of Christianity when I was going through my mid-life crisis 7-8 years ago.

Some time later, I came into contact with the BK and took the foundation course on a 1-to-1 basis with a very special head of centre. I'd like to be clear that I learnt a lot from my relationship with the BK, had some very strong experiences, met some very good, decent people and some very powerful yogi souls.

On the other hand, there has also been some confusion and quite negative experiences, which I now attribute to being in no-man's land between the two faiths (and I do see "BK-ism" as a faith). As I said, this led me to spend the last few months deciding on how to proceed with my main spiritual practice and have decided to switch to activities centred around our local churches, which are a mixture of modern/evangelical and traditional/liberal, if that means anything to you ...

Very best wishes

proy

ex-BK

thanks

Post31 May 2007

Hi, Thanks for your sharing. I hope you visit us often.

Return to Newcomers