How to disguise your IP address & improve your anonymity

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

Mr Green

ex-BK

How to disguise your IP address & improve your anonymity

Post12 Jul 2007

yudhishtira wrote:It would be awkward for me to say; and not just on my own behalf, as I still have some toes in the pool as it were ... Just out of interest, after seeing the wikipedia stuff, do the admins on the site not know where we all come from anyway from our IP addresses?

What are you scared off ???

Also IP addresses are very easy to disguise.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post12 Jul 2007

yudhishtira wrote:Just out of interest, after seeing the wikipedia stuff, do the admins on the site not know where we all come from anyway from our IP addresses?

I heard that they can hack into our computers, watch us through our webcams and stream the media back to Madhuban.

Especially the members like paulkershaw that log in the nude.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post13 Jul 2007

I am from the Netherlands! Holland, tulips, wooden shoes and stuff, weed ... hahahah. Not afraid that anyone knows my IP. They are welcome to come and have a talk with me!!! I talk right back!!!

I better put some pyjamas on ex-i. :oops:

How do i disguise my IP ... i have some work to do you know!

abrahma kumar

How do I mask my IP ... I have some work to do you know!

Post14 Jul 2007

jannisder wrote:I am from the Netherlands! Holland, tulips, wooden shoes and stuff, weed ... hahahah. Not afraid that anyone knows my IP. They are welcome to come and have a talk with me!!! I talk right back!!! I better put some pyjamas on ex-I. :oops: How do I disguise my IP ... I have some work to do you know!

They are not welcome to come and have a talk with me. They been doing that for long enough!!! How do I disguise my IP address?

arjun

PBK

Post14 Jul 2007

Omshanti. I am from northern part of India and it is monsoon days here. In spite of the rains, humidity is high. So, we keep sweating throughout the day and have to take bath, twice, thrice or ... as many times as the time, energy and the Municipal Corporation permits :D :P :lol:

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post14 Jul 2007

There is some free software that creates a foreign IP address. I'll see if I still have it.

jann

Post16 Jul 2007

mr green wrote:There is some free software that creates a foreign IP address. I'll see if I still have it.

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

ex-l

ex-BK

Post16 Jul 2007

Um ... I was joking about hacking webcams but I dare say there are some members that post sometimes in the nude. (OK, I admit to wearing non-kinky night dress and drinking coffee as I type but that is all).

If you really care, you could do a Google for "web anonymizers" but I have to ask is the hassle worth it?

Every internet service providers and basically every internet server keeps pages and pages of logs on every user/IP address that contacts it. Your computer keep months of records on it too. But who ever looks through them!?! Not even the NSA unless you are some terrorist or another.

The only secure way to use a computer is to disconnect your power cable, keep it switched off and, preferably, put it in a cupboard somewhere. It is not worth thinking about. Just pretend you are famous and everyone knows everything about you!

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post17 Jul 2007

What are you scared off ??? Also IP addresses are very easy to disguise

Well Mr Green, I am not "scared" but as I said, I still have some toes in the pond, and also want to be able to support BKs who are going through the mill.

Given that BK teachers have been asked to "monitor" this site, I would rather not make things too easy for them. And also, I need to think about the other people who are based here.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post17 Jul 2007

Well, check out the search engines for "web anonymizers" or "Tor proxy server" is another good option.

You will probably need to use a commercial, e.g. paid for, version of the anonymizers as normal ones do not allow you to use login or post windows etc. Tor is pretty good security, it is used by journalists and even intelligence operatives.

To be honest, I looked at them once and then gave up. Nothing is really private on the internet ... you just have to accept that you are some heroic, revolutionary freedom fighters and defeat all the secrecy and paranoia the BKs seem to dwell in.

Yes, they are a little bit like a secret service spying and gossiping, turning back it on BKs and banishing folk - and you have to be aware of that - but I do not think they are really that good at it. Its is all self-defeating behavior at the end of the day and so contrary to the "love and light" stuff.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post17 Jul 2007

ex-l wrote:Especially the members like paulkershaw that log in the nude.

Hey Careful there ~!~ , I am back on line and can read ... Thought I was gone for longer than I was, didya? Talk about the mice playing whilst the cat's away at sea ...

P.S I am about to start another thread entitled "Naked Phantasea" - only members with webcams welcome to post, or rather I'd say after I've viewed you and your postings, one may be either more welcome or less welcome, depending on the view received and I am not only talking 'perceptions' here ...

Besides we're really wanting to talk with some BKs about their IP's - (or Internal Protocols) aren't we? Better they contact us, cause it sure ain't working the other way round ...

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post17 Jul 2007

ex-l wrote:Well, check out the search engines for "web anonymizers" or "Tor proxy server" is another good option.

Yes, Tor is the one I have used. It works very well, but can cut your bandwidth down a little.

proy

ex-BK

IP Address

Post13 Nov 2007

A lot of forums have members who use the sort of code you get from places like -

http://www.help4web.net/sig/

in their signature, which looks really scary. :shock:. In reality though, it is not a problem AFAIK. :D

Or, if you really want to give yourself a fright check out -

http://www.ipnow.org/ :roll:.

Return to Admin