Why do Brahma Kumaris wear the White Dress for Widows?

for young people from 13 to 20 involved, interested or whose families are in the BKWSU
Forum rules This forum is primarily for young people in the BKWSU or whose parents are in the BKWSU to discuss matters. Adults wishing to post here should introduce themselves to the moderator or Admin first.

arjun

PBK

Post09 Jul 2007

ex-l wrote:Are the BKs appearing to be anachronistic now ... stuck in the past ... puritanical? Or are young BKs, and the system with them, also changing?

Yes, the young BKs (non-surrendered) are also changing. You can find some young BKs in Western dresses at BK programmes. Even if some of them wear the traditional salwar kameez, it is as per latest fashions. But most of them still continue with the traditional BK dress.

I have observed some young PBKs also coming to the Mini-madhubans in Western dresses.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

arjun

PBK

Post01 Aug 2007

In the Book 'Is this Justice' on Page No.viii Mama, alias Om Radhe wrote:

"For acquiring Brahm Gyan and attaining self-realization one has not to desert his home, nor has he to change his garb, nor has he to spend anything. With Brahm Gyan one will be ever-happy."

With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

john

reforming BK

Post01 Aug 2007

arjun wrote:In the Book 'Is this Justice' on Page No.viii Mama, alias Om Radhe wrote:

"For acquiring Brahm Gyan and attaining self-realization one has not to desert his home, nor has he to change his garb, nor has he to spend anything. With Brahm Gyan one will be ever-happy."

You're getting a lot of mileage out of that quote ArjunBhai :lol:

arjun

PBK

Post01 Aug 2007

John wrote:You're getting a lot of mileage out of that quote ArjunBhai

Actually, Mama made a '3-in-one' statement (a precursor for Dadi Nirmalshanta's book by the same name :P ), so I thought the three parts of the same statement could be used in three different threads to thank all those souls who were instrumental in taking pains to upload the book 'Is this Justice' :D.

I will quote some more lines in other threads as and when I complete reading more pages of that book.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
Previous

Return to Youth Camp