Avakyt Dadiji - Dadi Prakashmani's Death

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Avakyt Dadiji - Dadi Prakashmani's Death

Post22 Aug 2007

Dear all,

thought you would like to know that, Dadi Prakashmani had some heart problems in Ahmedabad yesterday, so they took her back to Madhuban, where at 10pm last night she had a brain haemorage and went into a coma. The doctors have said that there is nothing more they can do. All senior teachers in India have been invited to go to Madhuban.

This soul has a good heart and pure feelings for all souls. I would like to suggest that we all send her our love and good wishes. I do not feel like she's coming back physically, which is good as it wasnt a very dignified existence for her.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Dadi Prakashmani's health

Post22 Aug 2007

yudhishtira wrote:All senior teachers in India have been invited to go to Madhuban.

What would be the advantage for either her or the teachers, for them to go back to Madhuban? (Genuine question, seems a little bit forbiddenly sentimental or superstitious/ritualistic to me).

Does this mean Jayanti is one step nearer a promotion or will they find a more Indian senior to take her place? Is that what they are going to decide on when she pops off? (I am not sure who and how these decisions are made).

Pass the halva, please ...

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Dadi Prakashmani's health

Post22 Aug 2007

yudhishtira wrote:thought you would like to know that, Dadi Prakashmani had some heart problems in Ahmedabad yesterday, so they took her back to Madhuban, where at 10pm last night she had a brain haemorage and went into a coma. The doctors have said that there is nothing more they can do. All senior teachers in India have been invited to go to Madhuban.

This soul has a good heart and pure feelings for all souls. I would like to suggest that we all send her our love and good wishes. I do not feel like she's coming back physically, which is good as it wasnt a very dignified existence for her.

I remember the Murli saying that "if your mother dies eat halva". Thanks for bringing this to our attention Yude, and yes i did linger a little over loveful good wishes as per your suggestion. But how long to linger? Is the likelihood of Dadi Prakashmani dying going to change anything within and without the BKWSU? Or should I shut up and leave such insensitive questions till ... till when?

I notice the use of the word 'invited'. Do we think it means that one can go IF one so chooses; or is it being turned into such a BK State occasion that NOT to be seen in Madhuban at this time would be to blot one's copybook? As for the sentimentalism of it, i somewhat agree. How can i be urged, by GOD to eat halva if my mother dies; meanwhile back in the BKWSU ... we wait and see what happens.

Anyway DadiP whatever happens, be assured that abeekay is just trying to make sense of his life, much as you have done with yours, so it seems. So whether or not these scenes prove to be amongst the last in this your mortal coil, may the G-O-D that you believe in continue to enact whatever roles you gave Him full rights to play with yourself serving as willing instrument. hal·le·lu·jah

ex-l

ex-BK

Post22 Aug 2007

It will probably knock dead communication with the BKWSU.

Like in politics, "buried under bad news".

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post22 Aug 2007

I remember the Murli saying that "if your mother dies eat halva". Thanks for bringing this to our attention Yude, and yes I did linger a little over loveful good wishes as per your suggestion. But how long to linger? Is the likliehood of Dadi Prakashmani dying going to change anything within and without the BKWSU? Or shoud I shut up and leave such insensitive questions till ... till when?

Sorry if this is a duplicate post with Arjuns comment, but I didnt spot that thread when I looked earlier.

As regards how long to linger, well that's a purely personal decision. I would want to send extra positive energy to any of you or your families if they were going through something. I doubt if anything will change in the organisation, Dadi has not been in a condition to make any decisions for at least the last 2 years now and they have other structures in place.

I think there is a lot of attachment that souls have for Dadi, hence I am sure that many foreign BKs will try to get to Madhuban soon too. However, I think that's more for their benefit than Dadis; she's beyond it all anyway.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post22 Aug 2007

I suppose it is the only time senior BKs get a holiday, going to Madhuban for a funeral paid for by donations. Canny juniors might and have jumped on an airplane as well for extra bonding sessions to bring them closer to the Golden Ages royalty. They be a lot of extra bhattis, tolis, special dhristi, sentiment classes flying. May be a one off show of trance mediumship or rumours of a special visit by BapDada.
    So was Prakashmani only an 83 lifer then?
When the last big number died they did extra Yoga "to purify the womb" she would take rebirth in. I am not sure where that comes from. Nor would it have been a virgin birth and so I hope some young girl enjoyed her night of carnal pleasure with her lover. A good job the world is not celibate yet.
    Can the thoughts of others changes one's karmic experience or are the thoughts of others one's karmic rewards and karmic accounts?
Religion, and the religious, prevade the traumatic parts of our lives asserting its position and power over us. Funerals are shows of power, and invited attendance empowering in the eyes of others for those on the guest list. In the BK circle they have an additional value of asserting that this is your family whilst your lokiks are not; here you express your sentiments, there you do not. Here there is benefit in ritual. There, there is not. The rules do not apply within our circle, only without.
    I always find this stuff hard to square with the Murli and even the likes of Dadi Janki's classes; "do not remember anyone ..." etc. "do not remember anyone except us", it should read. Are such attachments pure attachments? Golden attachements?
A Dadi is like a Queen in that they are symbolic figures of the whole, of an ideal. What did she really do in her life? Lived off other people's money for all her life. Got up early. Washed a lot. Kept her knickers up. Like a Nepalese Kumari, she played out a symolic role as a princess, raised by the priest to be a symbolic divinity and then buried.

I ask another honest question, what did she really do? Stared lovingly and did not rock the boat or reveal anything to contentious. Played her part and kept mumb about the past. Was rewarded for it. Went along with all that we documented on this forum.

I stand against the tide. Can anyone impress upon me a reason to distracted from thoughts of accountability, duty of care and democratizing access to The Knowledge?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post22 Aug 2007

My condolences to the sweet old girl.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Standing against the tide, falling on the side of reason.

Post22 Aug 2007

ex-l wrote:I stand against the tide. Can anyone impress upon me a reason to be distracted from thoughts of accountability, duty of care and democratizing access to The Knowledge?

I too am open to be impressed upon. The directive for the students to hold Yoga bhattis must have been issued by now. What purpose does Yoga serve in this instance?

I was wondering at the various purposes that Yoga serves - including in the case of imminent death. Purifying sins etc, etc but in this instance has anyone ever wondered what these souls 'do' with our Yoga energy? Nothing at all? And us, is it just the good wishes and pure feelings?

Of course, these 2 things can be very fulfilling and rewarding in their own rights; but there is nothing altruistic about the Confluence, benefit and loss still accrue, so what do BKs think happens with all this 'giving of Yoga power' that they do?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: I stand against the tide and fall on the side of reason

Post22 Aug 2007

abrahma Kumar wrote:I too am open to be impressed upon. The directive for the students to hold Yoga bhattis must have been issued by now. What purpose Yoga in this instance? I was wondering at the various purposes that Yoga serves - including in the case of imminent death. Has anyone ever wondered what these souls 'do' with our Yoga energy? Nothing at all. There is nothing altruistic about the Confluence, benefit and loss still accrue, so what do BKs think happens with all this 'giving of Yoga power' that they do?

I never did take it seriously when I was a BK, I was there when Chandramani died ... what a palava ... only time I've seen DJ cry though.

Of course, this is no reason to take any pressure off them, but there's nothing wrong with allowing them mourning.

Yes, they told us it is body conscious, but we all they know there is no such thing as a permanent soul conscious state (we do know that don't we?? :lol: ) ... so let them get on with their rituals, I don't care.

arjun

PBK

Post22 Aug 2007

Sister Yudhishtira wrote:Sorry if this is a duplicate post with Arjuns comment, but I didnt spot that thread when I looked earlier

Omshanti. Actually, I did not know that you had started a new thread on this topic. Since there was already a thread on Dadi Prakashmani, I posted the news some time after I received it.

In fact, I knew the information that you have given, but I did not want to give details because BKs might have thought otherwise.

Anyways, the BK who gave me the news said his teacher is flying to Abu today. The BK center located near our house is organizing a special meditation programme for Dadi Prakashmani.

We can only wait for the drama to unfold itself.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post22 Aug 2007

arjun wrote:The BK center located near our house is organizing a special meditation programme for Dadi Prakashmani.

How about special programmes of preventative healthcare, diet and exercise for the next generation of BKs?

My condolences to who ever has had to change her nappies for the last couple of years.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post22 Aug 2007

ex-l wrote:How about special programmes of prevantative healthcare, diet and exercise for the next generation of BKs?

Hahahah sometimes you're more caustic than me ...

alladin

no label

Ironing to pay homage to the Jewel of Light

Post22 Aug 2007

Mr . Green: when Chandramani died ... what a palava ... only time I've seen DJ cry though.

Maybe I am becoming too caustic, but could those tears be due to some repentance for injustice inflicted on the lioness of Punjab by more powerful SS?

Abek, do you mean that you would like to know where BKs Yoga power donation is going to? The perpetuation of rituals is a common trend in BKs, and denial of doing that. I have never been to a wedding and as a kid to only a couple of funerals, we couldn't stop laughing. All that seriousness and hypocrisy ...

BKs will be ironing their best spic-span saris at the moment, getting ready. As far as roles and politics, for sure all has been taken care of since a long time since Dadi Kumarka's decay was gradual. Hugs to the seeming mellow and loveful mother-like, white fairy benevolent Dadi Prakashmani, jewel of light!!! The way I remember her.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Standing against the tide, falling on the side of reason

Post22 Aug 2007

abrahma Kumar wrote:I was wondering at the various purposes that Yoga serves - including in the case of imminent death. Purifying sins etc, etc but in this instance has anyone ever wondered what these souls 'do' with our Yoga energy?

Really what it illustrates is the degree of psychicism that is going ... occult practises.

It is all about acruing followers to raise and empower "you". Lekhraj Kirpalani seems to have benefited and stil does (this is where I would even agree with the Vishnu Party!), so do his followers. As we do not really know if there is a Shiva soul, it is hard to say, but may be so does he/they.

How can we "purify others karma"? Is this possible? Does it not go against Gyan and imagine us as Christ-like in status, removing other's sins? If this has not been clarified (never mind demonstrated imperically), why is it perpetuated?
alladin wrote:injustice inflicted on the Lioness of Punjab

Care to clarify, alladin?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: Standing against the tide, falling on the side of reason

Post22 Aug 2007

ex-l wrote:Really what it illustrates is the degree of psychicism that is going ... occult practises. It is all about acruing followers to raise and empower "you". Lekhraj Kirpalani seems to have benefited and stil does (this is where I would even agree with the Vishnu Party!), so do his followers.

I think the practise of offering Bhog and sending good wishes to departed souls is lifted straight from Hinduism, as is most BK dharna.
Next

Return to Commonroom