Dristhi can lead to lust or love ?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

bansy

Dristhi can lead to lust or love ?

Post07 Nov 2007

Gaze 'key to facial attraction'

Mind you, with dhristi you should be looking at the third eye. But did you explain that to the guy/girl sitting directly opposite you on the metro? :oops:

bkdimok

reforming BK

Post08 Nov 2007

Om Shanti. I prefer not to confuse people in public transport. What use of your drishti to a stranger?

Shankar

bansy

Post08 Nov 2007

Brother, don't let things posted in the All and Everything get to you as well. Take it easy. Happy someone replied.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post08 Nov 2007

Its a good question though, and I agree with the PBKs about the dangerous of BK drishti practise. Many of the individuals coming to learn meditation are vulnerable and having someone sit and stare directly into their eyes has to effect them.

bansy

Post08 Nov 2007

Web Shanti.
What use of your drishti to a stranger?

Difficult to say. Would you like to see smiling faces or gloomy faces? When you invite your friends or relatives or work colleagues, who were also once strangers, to lunch or to home for dinner or for a game of tennis, was this done with a :( or with a :). Is a stranger not a soul? Could that stranger coincidentally be the neighbour who lives in the flat next to you ? Does God smile at some and not at others? It is not a question of "what use" but "how to use" drishtri ...
Many of the individuals coming to learn meditation are vulnerable and having someone sit and stare directly into their eyes has to effect them.

... Yes, the strangers in the train are no different to those at the centres. There is drishti that is seemingly overpowering and there is drishti that simply is kind and endearing. The eyes tell it all.

bkdimok

reforming BK

Post08 Nov 2007

Shanti. I see some different understanding of "drishti". What is drishti for you?

As for me, it is the process when somebody is giving spiritual energy to another through eyes (indeed it is 3-D eye). Another meaning: it is the process when somebody is looking to another (just looking).

Shankar

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post09 Nov 2007

Bansy, who have you been oggling ??? :lol: :lol:

I've heard of service but not sure about this.

Of course, I consider it my duty to give drishti to the prettiest girls on the tube. They will obviously be more body-conscious and need serving bad!! :wink: :mrgreen:

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post12 Nov 2007

I remember some deep Gyani point being raised that a BK should have equal vision to all of humanity, so sharing 'drishti' with everyone is good, so long as its equal ... and even if its on a train. Surely, we shouldn't only share divine 'vision' with only a select few but with each person we connect with and in fact, the entire globe?

bkdimok

reforming BK

Post12 Nov 2007

paulkershaw wrote: Surely, we shouldn't only share divine 'vision' with only a select few but with each person we connect with and, in fact, the entire globe?

Om Shanti. It was a statement or a question?

Shankar

alladin

no label

Post13 Nov 2007

Hi, and BTW, I am fine and alive, just not much pc freedom, these days. I experienced exchanges bordering with lust in drishti, or love bombs directed to someone in particular, special length, intensity or vibes. Also experienced negative drishti, especially from DJ, intimidating, I mean.

I think our eyes should gently rest on souls and not invade people's minds or space, or make them feel uneasy. Otherwise, better just to spread good vibes and lower our gaze!!

alladin

no label

Drishti exchange

Post21 Dec 2007

I was looking for any topic that might have dealt with the "drishti" practise but could not find one, so I start here. In case I am wrong, please Admin merge this into an existing topic!!

I spoke with both some BKs and PBKs who suggested that drishti, such as is exchanged in guided meditation, is a fairly new practise that came into fashion at some stage. Moreover, some BK males were wondering if there is not a sort of erotic exchange in staring into each other's eyes.
    Could it be compared to "erotic glances"?
    Can the situation get out of hand and attraction be created?
    Can it be that not at all soulconscious energy is being passed around without realizing it?
Because of this possibility, I understood that PBKs do not encourage this to happen, do not deem it accurate or beneficial, especially if a Kumari is guiding meditation. If this is the case, what is the point of starting up arousal, especially in teenagers and then repress sexual feelings in the name of Shrimat? Doesn't it sound nonsensical and cruel? Or is it a torture-like form of initiation?

OK, this is just a warm up, I am sure that more ideas will be conveyed here by some of you and me!

In the northern hemisphere from tomorrow, it being the winter solstice, days will be getting longer!! We are coming out of darkness, gradually!! :D

ex-l

ex-BK

Post21 Dec 2007

And how is it properly spelt ... Drishti, Dhristi or Dhristhi? There is; Dhristi can lead to lust or love?. And a quick mention of it with regards food, here.

I'd be interesting to know its history too.

arjun

PBK

Post21 Dec 2007

Omshanti.

The PBK view on exchange of drishti during meditation is as follows (as taken from the PBK section):

Q.No.50. During the process of practice of RajYoga (meditation) in the Brahmakumari Ashrams, the Brahmakumari Sisters who conduct practice of RajYoga give drishti (i.e. look into the eyes of seekers of knowledge). Does Adhyatmik Vidyalaya also practice the same method of RajYoga?

Ans: As long as Dada Lekhraj alias Brahma was alive, incorporeal Supreme Father Shiv used to enter into him and enable his unworldly (aloukik) children, sitting in front of Him to experience soul consciousness and used to fill them with energy with His divine vision. As long as he lived, Brahma Kumaris never gave drishti (looking at each other’s eyes as part of meditation) to other Brahma Kumaris in the name of Raj Yoga. But after the demise of Dada Lekhraj alias Brahma, Brahma Kumaris started giving drishti to other Brahmakumaris. This is a wrong practice, since the Brahma Kumaris have not achieved the fully soul-conscious stage. And since the Supreme Father Shiva does not enter into them, they cannot give drishti to others to purify them. This sort of giving and receiving ‘drishti’ in the midst of degraded souls enhances the subtle body conscious state rather than decreasing it. Actually, the correct way of Raj Yoga is to remember the Supreme Father through his living corporeal medium.

• “Those who exchange visions become devils. Divinity disappears from those seeking visions.” (Murli 02.05.73).
“Here, children need to possess clean hearts. It is not as though they leave home and exchange visions here, in spite of being members of the Brahmin race.” (Murli-09.02.73, pg 2)
“Very often man and woman see each other with a sinful vision. If a person looks at another with an evil eye, he/she should not even stand before the person. He/she should leave at once.” (Murli 31.01.75).
“Do not think that those who come here are free from evil thoughts (i.e. the poison of sex-lust). As soon as they see each other, storms of sinful thoughts arise to become lustful.” (Murli 19.09.73, pg 2)

Actually, remembering the incorporeal God through his corporeal living medium is the correct procedure of RajYoga. That is why, the members of Adhyatmik Vidyalaya, i.e. Prajapita Brahmakumar-kumaris remember the incorporeal Supreme Father Shiva, who has come in an ordinary body through all the relationships. Unlike the Brahmakumari Institution, members of Adhyatmik Vidyalaya do not give drishti to each other, because all of us are making efforts to become pure. That is why; we cannot become pure or purify others by giving or receiving drishti. Wherever the Supreme Father Shiva teaches his spiritual children RajYoga by entering into his present ordinary human medium-like Chariot, He gives drishti to them in order to infuse power into them. Since Shiva is ever pure, giving drishti to sinful souls does not have any ill-effect on Him.

The Murli extracts quoted above are from the revised Sakar Murlis published by BKs in Hindi and translations done by a PBK.
ex-l wrote:And how is it properly spelt ... Drishti, Dhristi or Dhristhi?

The correct spelling is 'drishti'

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Dristhi, I the soul enrapt with mine own eternal form

Post22 Dec 2007

Dristhi.

I, the soul, enraptured at my own eternal form, experience my own attractiveness as EVERYTHING to do with cognition; and NOTHING to do with the gross senses.

My vision is locked-in on the experience of the form of myself. A Star-formed tilak, that, like a twinkling diamond out of the sky, takes rest, at ease, deeply within the seat of my soul-focussed Consciousness.

I, the soul, am enraptured at my own eternal form. I experience my own attractiveness as EVERYTHING that has to do with cognition; and NOTHING to do with the gross senses.
I experience this own attractiveness as a source of Joy.

Dristhi, can it lead to lust or love? I know nothing. Perhaps sight serves one and only one purpose during meditation. When the soul's consciousness is so finely focussed, that the eyes become a backdrop, against which the communication between self & G-O-D is screened, one might as well be blind.

Is there ANYTHING worth a damn to look OUT if I am caught-up in rapture with my own eternal form? Dristhi, for your eyes only :o

ps
thanks to Anita Baker for what is definitely NOT a lust song: "Caught Up in the Rapture"

alladin

no label

exchange

Post22 Dec 2007

So, if the point is maintaining "enruptedness" in the eternal point, it would make no difference if you rested your eyes on your balls or me on the tip of my hair ( the one on my head I mean!) or shoes. Actually the technique is all about giving and taking drishti, conducting meditation, who sits on the gaddhi next to perform that practise. And let me ask a naive question: since-theoretically-the person conducting meditation is supposed to be in deep Yoga with the Supreme Soul, therefore inspiring the audience to get into a similarly focussed state, what's the point of facing people and even turning head and eyes like a beam, like a rotating lighthouse? :roll: Why don't we all stare at the wall, a portrait, a light or object, at nothing at all or at something we choose?

Last but not least: aren't we all programmed to feel guilty, or that it is bad manners to close the eyes (and even doze off but maybe it's a divine protection when that happens !! :P), or look away when the meditation conductor is staring at us?

Are obedient Baba's children ever given the freedom to really choose anything they are comfortable with, without being judged, labelled or pressured?
Next

Return to Commonroom