Remove the happiness of the old world

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Remove the happiness of the old world

Post03 Apr 2008

" Remove the happiness of the old world from your intellect, don't follow the dictates of your own mind".

What does it mean??

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Remove the happiness of the old world

Post03 Apr 2008

Apologies to the BKs for answering first, as it is in your forum, but I suggest it means,

"Don't trust your own intuitions, do what the senior Sisters tell you".

alladin

no label

complete renounciates

Post03 Apr 2008

True, ex-l!

Jannister, the beauty and wisdom of the message, which is in fact banal and common to all religions, spiritual groups and taught by all sages for thousands of years, is that we should strive to acquire permanent happiness, bliss, contentment, supersensuous joy and so on through spiritual consciousness, life and practises relinquishing "temporary" happiness based on gross consciousness and materialism. Because it depends on external circumstances, people, etc ... it is not reliable and always available. Mystic, is not it? And, for sure, if humans, and especially those in power, made their choices based on such a philosophy, the Planet would be what it's meant to be: Paradise. Happy beings respecting and not destroying the environment and inhabitants. Agree? Politically correct?

The problem is that BKs impart and colour such elevated teachings with presumption and fundamentalism. To them, everything of the old world - in which we live every day! - is dirty and untouchable. We, angels, should not contaminate ourselves with any activity and relationship connected with sensual pleasures . Only Baba as a companion, Gyan as information, and service as full-time occupation. No leisure allowed. What a life! Similar to death or a coma!

Sometimes I read on this Forum that Gyan is very simplistic, aimed to children who need to be protected and told what to do. Overprotection can kill the young ones of any species. I think we have to learn how to be out there, enjoy nature, participate to social life whilst maintaining spirituality, not getting caught up in low vibes or becoming dependent on anything. This is freedom, the other is mere escapism. The BK recipe is; avoid everything so that you do not get in trouble. Locking yourself up in the house and not mixing with "agyani" souls will prove your sanctity.

A yogi in that defensive, shut posture, hoping that no Maya will come, more than a healthy, strong and colorful lotus reaching out for the sun, seems like a wilted plant. The BKWSO system, is very much based on appearances. Why and how you do something, doesn't count much. They will tell you that lots of things that you may find enjoyable, are forbidden. So, if you still like them, you must feel guilty, and if you transgress and conceal, your fun will be spoilt automatically!

In a totalitarian regime, nothing is left to individual's choice. Where to go, what to do. What kind of music, movies, games, readings are allowed, how to dress, which job is suitable. Like in Afghanistan (which is not too far from Abu! :lol:) with the Taliban's impositions. So narrow minded! Suppose I play tennis, I can be very competitive or just have fun, and if I take my clothes off on a beach, it can be to show off or exactly the opposite; maybe I am simple and like to feel in tune with the elements.

It amazes me how even grown-up people allow the BKWSO to hijack their freedom, discrimination power and to convince them that they are "impure" if we do or don't this and that. When we let a sect do that to us, we may end up losing trust in the original purity of our heart .

Last thing, on a lighter note: BKs quote the guru traditional saying that happiness (in this world) is like "the droppings of a crow"; insignificant and scarce, wanting to contradict them and explaining that happiness does exist in this material world but only in soul-consciousness, and plentiful in the Terrestrial Paradise.

It is sad to notice that most BKs do not want to be displease SS. They want to give a good impression of themselves and not being despised, judged badly, isolated or punished. Therefore they have to pretend, deny their needs, drop everything without pondering "instant sacrifice" and become "complete-frustrated-renunciates". Someone else sets rules and pace for you to follow them like a zombie. Back to quoting ex-l, it's not only a loss of the power of intuitions but of the self-identity "in toto", with the explanation that it is all rubbish and not our original one, so we can safely give it up.

To whom? To the Almighty, to a sect, to a spook? What's the guarantee? This is why digging a bit in the past/roots of this "Spiritual University", :roll: is rightful and not an unmotivated obsession or just a curiosity, like Ms. Orange was devaluing in the historical re-write topic! Not funny at all when they mess with people's lives and minds!

peterbindi

PBK

Post03 Apr 2008

Dear jannsider.

Since we all are more and less in slumber and try to find back the good road. It is we ourselves who are like we are right now, and we are all incomplete :(.

We seriously need a good guide to go back on the right track. And since this world can give us happiness, it is not really essential what we really need ... compare what we really need for our precious inner being. That's what I, again and again, experience from this world.

I think it means, stay detached as a observer of the world and yourself, and make good judgment.

ps. I think ex-l has a Dadi obsession :lol:.

peterbindi.

arjun

PBK

Post03 Apr 2008

Sister Jannisder wrote:" Remove the happiness of the old world from your intellect, don't follow the dictates of your own mind".

What does it mean??

Sister,
Omshanti. I think this ambiguity has been created due to a possible mistake in translation. I suppose that the word 'happiness' in the English text is a translation for the word 'sukh' in the Hindi text. The word 'sukh' in Murlis refers to both happiness and pleasures. The word 'pleasure' in English also means 'gratification of senses, especially sexual gratification' (according to http://www.encarta.com).

It is this pleasure of the old world that Baba is asking His children to remove from their intellect.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post03 Apr 2008

peterbindi wrote:ps. i think ex-l has a Dadi obsession :lol:.

Yes, a form of Dadi envy called ... a Jankipus Complex?

Its the BK version of an "Oedipus Complex"; the origin of certain neuroses defined as a BK's unconscious desire for the exclusive love of their Senior Sister.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post03 Apr 2008

Or the trays of Gulab Jamuns they carry around with them. What kind of a complex is that I wonder?

pilatus

non-BK

Post03 Apr 2008

GJitis, as opposed to DJitis :P

Return to BK