BKWSU related newstories

news editor

site admin

BKWSU Media Chief called to Wikipedia Arbitration

Post02 Jun 2008

BK_Karuna.jpg
BK_Karuna.jpg (3.68 KiB) Viewed 12619 times
Posted December 22nd, 2006 Email this post

In a strange turn of events that must have embarrassed BK activists engaged in removing critical media from the internet, BKWSU Chief of Global PR Karunakara Shetty was called to answer to the Wikipedia Arbitration Committee. BK “Karuna”, meaning “compassion” or “mercy” in Sanskrit, was named as a correspondent for his vandalism to the Wikipedia page on the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University. An injunction was enacted by admins banning users from contributing further.

Following a rabid month of edit warring “spearheaded” by a Florida-based BK Luis Alberto Riveros, an international BKWSU IT team continued to attempt to erase all critique, exposé and even support material for ex-BKs or friends and family of BK members. BK Karuna intent on removing any reference to the revisionist splinter group, the Prajapita Brahma Kumaris [PBKs].

In a campaign based largely on personal attacks, attempts to discredit critics and the use of anonymous and hidden user accounts used to block other editors Riveros, signing himself on the internet as “Avyakt7“, goes on to confirm that the Brahma Kumaris are not Hindus, the founder of Brahma Kumaris was not a Hindu, BKs cannot be Christians and repeats the party line that ...

Spiritual liberation is not attainable through any other religion.

Riveros goes on to post widely on the internet that, “the bombs are ready and they will be used” to destroy humanity.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BKWSU Media Chief called to Wikipedia Arbitration

Post23 Jul 2008

What a joke ... now the BKs are handing out awards to themselves. In this case BK Karuna Shetty, the membership of the BK leadership who signed off for the Indian headquarters the legal action against this website. The 'Global Forum for Public Relations' is, of course, a BKWSU service front which Karuna is himself president.

I received this news by an email from Karuna himself ...
ICON OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNICATION AWARD CONFERRED ON RAJAYOGI BK KARUNAJI

National Public Relations Fraternity in association with Global Forum for Public Relations has conferred on Rajayogi BK Karuna Bhaiji, Chief of Media, Communication & Public Relations of Brahmakumaris “ICON OF SPRIRITUAL COMMUNICATION AWARD” at an elaborate function held at Dr.KLN Prasad Auditorium, FAPCCI, Hyderabad on 18th July,2008.

Honourable Minister for Labour and Employment, Government of Andhra Pradesh Sri G.Vinod, Editor of Public Relations Voice and Former Director of I&PR Dr.CV Narasimha Reddi and Sri K.Srinivas Reddy, Member, Press Council of India, Sri G.Sailesh Reddy, President, Press Club of Hyderabad and Smt. Rama Vinod, Wife of Honourable Minister presented the award to the Spiritual Icon Rajaogi BK Karunaji.

In the Citation that was presented to him at this Award Function, Dr.Ajit Pathak, National President, Public Relations Society of India, Dr. MB Jayaram, Chief Mentor, Public Relations Council of India, Sri Yogesh Joshi, National President, Associated Business Communicators of India, Dr.GC Banik,I.I.S. (retd.) Director of Western Institute for Integrated Learning in Management, Mumbai, Sri K.Srinivasan, Chairman, PR Point Foundation hailed the life and works of Rajayogi Karuna Bhaiji who stood a Role Model to the PR profession by demonstrating to the world by practicing what he preached. He is also appreciated for spearheading international efforts to the huge cross section of humanity to achieve excellence in the area of spiritual communication and Public Relations in the wake of globalization through Information Technology.

In 2007, the Global Forum for Public Relations (GFPR) Award for contribution to Social Media Awareness was given to the above Sri K Srinivasan, Chairman of Prime Point Foundation who seemingly returned the favour.

Its is funny how without all this professional ability that they still can get the Murlis on the internet, run an open discussion forum and still present a falsified version of their own history.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2008

Riveros goes on to post widely on the internet that, “the bombs are ready and they will be used” to destroy humanity.

The way this has been written makes it sound more and more like the wording one would hear from other organisations:- namely Al Qauda and other friends of extremist right-wing organisations smacking of deperate ideals and fanatacism. The leader of the ANC youth wing has just had to apologise for his use of the words "we will kill ..." in a recent speech. Will we see the seame from the BKWSU - I think not.

Do they not realise the damage they're doing to the their own credibility and image?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2008

paulkershaw wrote:Do they not realise the damage they're doing to the their own credibility and image?

Not at all it would seem. Bare in mind that the official line is (or was if it too has fallen under the censor's knife) that they will be the ones to give courage to the scientists to make them fire the nuclear weapons that will destroy humanity.

Elsewhere on this forum, just last year, we had the Moscow Times quoting Karuna Shetty as say that the Brahma Kumaris had removed the teachings of a final war of Destruction between Russia and America. Complete lies, of course, as we all know.

Now he has a -ji (great) added after his name.

tom

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2008

From Mama worship as "Goddess incarnate" to Dadi worship - obeying their every word without using his initiative and conscience - a real career of a Bhagat. Does not matter that this sort of worship is in contradiction with the "knowledge". Let us wish Karunaji to enjoy his hard earned award for spiritual communication. Felicitate !

From ADI DEVI page 144,his first meeting with Om Radhe with his own words:
Brahma Kumar Karuna of Madhuban says:

It was in 1960, after following knowledge for only 3 months, that I met Mateshwariji.

I waited in a room for her to come and was ready to perform Sashtang Dandwat (to lie down prostate in front of one’s feet in reverence)! Born and brought up in a strictly religious & ritualistic South Indian family, this was my way of showing her respect. I had read a book - compilation of Mama’s lectures - wherein each lecture Mama had elaborated on a single topic in depth. The ideas that were shared reflected the churnings of a deep and divine intellect. Readers did not need to know Sanskrit to understand the deep philosophies mentioned in essence; it was different from every other spiritual book I had read till then. Even at the zealous age of 20 years, her clarity & depth appealed to my spiritual instincts and to me she was Goddess incarnate. I relentlessly insisted on meeting her as soon as possible. In those days students could only come to Mount Abu after strictly following all rules and regulations for minimum 6 months, but my teacher acceded eventually and sent me to Mt. Abu. All the anticipation and requesting made me more eager to meet Mateshwari.

As I prepared to pay my respects, she walked into the room silently.Her countenance radiated the serenity of truth & purity. Her face displayed the peacefulness and surety of knowing that nothing untoward could happen anywhere in the world. Later on I came to know that she was always in this mental state of being. With her divine gaze on me, my world came to a standstill. Lifted to another dimension, I forgot everything else. Nothing else mattered now except for receiving motherly love & blessings through her drishti. I remained still for a long time till Mama came nearer & whispered, “You are the same son from the previous cycle.”

BTW, has anybody seen the above mentioned book of Mama's lectures?

tom

ex-BK

Post23 Jul 2008

This happy photo of young Karuna with Mama belongs to the above message.

Om Radhe-Karuna-web.jpg
Om Radhe-Karuna-web.jpg (23.36 KiB) Viewed 12534 times

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post12 Aug 2008

Wasn't he involved in a bit of embezzlement?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post13 Aug 2008

Can you be more specific?

Its interesting because both Karuna and Nirwair all got involved "after the case", i.e. after the God Brahma phase and the post-1950 re-write. I wonder how much they even know? Or how honest they would be to admit what they know of the early period.

What about the third Big Brother Brij Mohan? When did he get involved? We might be opening doors for all three of them making them look where they have never looked before. 1960 is really late in the game.

Return to News