Why knowledge sits just in pure intellect?

for Brahma Kumaris, or those becoming BKs, to discuss matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Re: Why knowledge sits just in pure intellect?

Post11 Sep 2008

Using statements or comments like
The Knowledge

adds a bit to the melodrama. The capitalisation used infer certain processes.

It infers thats there's an ultimate achievement thats reachable or unreachable depending on the efforts made. And why does knowledge, spiritual or otherwise have anything to do with the intellect, pure or not? Does knowledge also take into accoutn ones own spiritual wisdom, inherited from some unknown source or experience?

Surely; it should be a case of one's intellect being able to share, dissipate or work with said 'knowledge' that's more beneficial than anything else? Perhaps the excuse made for so called 'impure' intellects is that their heads are so full of other 'stuff' they're not able to clearly sieve through The Knowledge / realisation processes without interference from the wordly experiences they may hold - (read this as to mean that the 'impure' have 'ego' where ego could mean that such persons are more worldly than others).

Yeah ... right!

mbbhat

BK

Post13 Sep 2008

Respect and thanks to Paulkershaw soul. I would like to explain the three topics according to my capacity.

Student Life is Best Life:-Life means continuous, till death. Student means enthusiastic, egoless, positive minded, progressing, carefree but not careless, continuous learner. He is detached.

These qualities can never be possible from lowkik point of view. In lowkik, a student does study for some years and then get job. He does not study while eating, drinking. But the aim of RajaYoga is to study all the time(continuous effort).

It is said, as one learns, his ego should reduce. It is correct only in a spiritual student. In lowkik study ego builds up as his status increases.[Of course, even in spiritual student life, if there is lack of purity, such things may be seen. That is why knowledge sits only in pure intellect!].

Knowledge brings happiness:- In lowkik study, knowledge does not give happiness directly. One gets knowledge and then gets a degree. He gets happiness after getting salary (or earning money). By the time the student gets degree if the scope for The Knowledge decreases, the student may get unhappiness instead of happiness.
But in Rajayoga, there is happiness just by remembrance of The Knowledge. Hence knowledge directly gives happiness. Hence it is called jeevanmukti(liberation in life) in a second.

Knowledge is Power:- As the material knowledge has increased, fear and stress have increased in the world. Man has become more knowledgeable, but is about to destroy the whole mankind.
But spiritual knowledge gives such an internal power by which the RajaYogi gets power to face any situation in life(if practiced honestly).

Hence I think, spirituality alone can explain the above three topics completely.

Dear Paulkershaw soul, here also I could not change 'The' to 'the' even after trying to edit. You can consider 'The' and 'the' as same. The same thing had happened even in the previous post. Anyhow, it is not an issue to me.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post13 Sep 2008

Just out of interest, mbbhat, do you have a higher educational certificate ... like a BA, PhD etc?

mbbhat

BK

Post14 Sep 2008

Dear ex-l soul,

I want to forget myself (limited things). Whenever a person thinks of me, my aim is let him consider me as a soul believer in God. Both ShivaBaba and Brahma Baba used to say, "Even if Brahmababa speaks, consider that those are ShivaBaba's words". So, I also would like to accept anything here that all useful things are Baba and drama's and bad are my negativities, not even PBKs or ex-Bks, because all are actors. Even if somebody gets benefit from me, let him praise for Baba and not for me. Because by remembering any human being, one goes on sinking. At right instant, if it is in drama, mbbhat may reveal more about himself. Thank You

ex-l

ex-BK

Post14 Sep 2008

I just wanted to see if you knew anything of what you were talking about regarding "being a student". I am left again suspecting that you do not.

mbbhat

BK

Post14 Sep 2008

You may go on suspecting. I am just playing in drama. All the best.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post30 Sep 2008

The funny thing is that Gyan doesn't just sit in a pure intellect. It sits in all intellects ... but in the mind of a believer it is real. For everyone else it is still twaddle.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post01 Oct 2008

Yes, I would agree on that. It is one of the supreme ignorances and arrogances that only a gullible believer has a pure intellect.

Remember for a moment that only something like 37% of Indian women are literate and few to none of the original Brahma Kumaris had any education ... or any desire for education. They came from a money making caste that put money making above all else ... and just turned religion into their business.

It is not a "pure intellect" that you need ... it is an intellect starved of information like a dry sponge that is willing to soak up anything. Sorry ... but someone has to spell it out. Why do you think the Brahma Kumaris discourage followers for feeding their minds in further education? They are afraid of their followers seeing through them and outstripping them.

This is one of the arguments that I have with the BKs over the Murlis. They say they cant release them because non-BKs "would not understand them" ... rubbish. Non-BKs, academics especially. would see them immediately for what they are and understand them. They would not accept them as the utterances of God.
Previous

Return to BK