Good quotes

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

duty bound

questioning BK

Re: Good quotes

Post30 Jun 2009

Take my advice ... I am not using it.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post04 Jul 2009

Michael Jackson wrote:[My] children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be lived.

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post07 Jul 2009

Michael Jackson wrote:There's nothing that cannot be done if we raise our voice as one

ex-l

ex-BK

Post14 Jul 2009

Oh, come on guys, please ... do try a little harder. Michael Jackson?!? ... we might expose the dirt on the Brahma Kumaris but we are not a tabloid. The guy went to bed with children!!!

A good example of abuse perhaps, and some like his music, but is there any evidence he overcame it? I am still mystified by the idea they buried him without his brain and now it is sitting in a bottle somewhere. From a body conscious point of view, is not that "him" still stuck in the bottle?

Here is one to put the Brahma Kumaris in context ...
Vladimir Ilyich Lenin wrote:
Destroy the family, you destroy the country.

Which family and which country ...
Lenin also wrote:
Give me four years to teach the children ... and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.

... and which child next?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post14 Jul 2009

I'd put more trust in MJ (Michael Jackson) than I would DJ (Dadi Janki).

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post21 Jul 2009

Swami Vivekenanda, Karma Yoga: The Yoga of Action wrote:
Learn from all, but be controlled by nothing except your own highest wisdom.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 Aug 2009

George Orwell in 1984 wrote:
Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was "brought up to date".

In this way, every prediction made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct; nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record.

All history was a palimpsest (manuscript scroll), scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary.

In no case would it have been possible, once the deed was done, to prove that any falsification had taken place.

- George Orwell 1984

Now tell me honestly that does not fit the BKWSU ...
Mr Green wrote:I'd put more trust in MJ (Michael Jackson) than I would DJ (Dadi Janki).

Certainly Michael Jackson was must likely to take your family home, clean out your wallet and leave you with nothing afterwards. And does anyone remember Dadi Janki's dancing!?!

"Avyakt Dancing" was it? ... It consists of a senior Brahma Kumari holding hands with you and flapping their arms up and down like a demented toddler. We have all seen small children do it when they get over excited.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post10 Aug 2009

Wangari Maathai wrote:
You cannot enslave a mind that knows itself.

Robert Hand wrote:
Rage is a completely natural emotion which protects us, often arising in situations in which we suffer injustice. If your upbringing has made you incapable of expressing such feelings, you will continue to feel helpless, used, guilty and at the mercy of others, denying yourself the chance to fight back.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post02 Sep 2009

ex-l

ex-BK

Post22 Sep 2009

Charles Baudelaire wrote:
The devil’s greatest achievement was to have persuaded so many people that he doesn’t exist.

Actually, Baudelaire was wrong ... or perhaps just out of date now. That was only their second greatest achievement.

Their greatest achievement was to have persuaded so many people that BapDada is God, via the mediums of the Brahma Kumaris.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Hypocrites, fraudsters or deluded?

Post22 Sep 2009

Jean Giraudoux wrote:
The secret of success is sincerity ...

Once you can fake that, you've got it made.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post24 Oct 2009

Lao Tzu wrote:
True Leaders
Are hardly known to their followers
Next after them are the leaders
The people know and admire;
After them, those they fear;
After them, those they despise.

To give no trust
Is to get no trust.

When the work’s done right,
With no fuss or boasting,
Ordinary people say,
Oh, we did it.

Lao Tzu presents the essence of the East Asian philosophy of Taoism, which is the best way to learn the importance of paradox.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Nov 2009

From The Age of Reason (written in 1793).
Thomas Paine wrote:
All national institutions of churches ... appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

With reference to all the work done on the historical revision of the Brahma Kumaris.
George Orwell, author of 1984 wrote:
Social control is based on erasing the public memory of the past.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 Apr 2010

Again ... with reference to all the work done on the numerous failed predictions and historical revisions of the Brahma Kumaris.
in The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth (1978), M. Scott Peck wrote:
The third tool of discipline or technique of dealing with the pain of problem-solving, which must continually be employed if our lives are to be healthy and our spirits are to grow, is dedication to the truth.

Superficially, this should be obvious. For truth is reality. That which is false is unreal.

The more clearly we see the reality of the world, the better equipped we are to deal with the world. The less clearly we see the reality of the world — the more our minds are befuddled by falsehood, misconceptions and illusions — the less able we will be to determine correct courses of action and make wise decisions.

Our view of reality is like a map with which to negotiate the terrain of life. If the map is true and accurate, we will generally know where we are, and if we have decided where we want to go, we will generally know how to get there.

If the map is false and inaccurate, we generally will be lost.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post28 Apr 2010

Ilia Kramarik, child prodigy

Exceptional service—
the devil.

Gurus often do not see anything ~
it is too bright for them.
PreviousNext

Return to Anything goes