Ambedkarite Buddhism - Freeing Untouchables from Hinduism

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Ambedkarite Buddhism - Freeing Untouchables from Hinduism

Post17 Aug 2010

Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was a political leader, Buddhist activist, philosopher and chief architect of the Indian Constitution. Born into an Untouchable family, Ambedkar spent his life fighting against social discrimination and the categorization of Hindu society into the Hindu caste system. He is credited with providing a spark for the conversion of hundreds of thousands of Dalits into Buddhism and was honoured with the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian award.

Ambedkar became one of the first "Outcast" to obtain a college education in India, eventually earning law degrees and multiple doctorates for his study and research in law, economics and political science from Columbia University and the London School of Economics

BR Ambedkar prescribed 22 vows to his followers:

I shall have no faith in Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara nor shall I worship them.
    I shall have no faith in Rama and Krishna who are believed to be incarnation of God nor shall I worship them.
    I shall have no faith in Gauri, Ganapati and other gods and goddesses of Hindus nor shall I worship them.
    I do not believe in the incarnation of God.
    I do not and shall not believe that Lord Buddha was the incarnation of Vishnu. I believe this to be sheer madness and false propaganda.
    I shall not perform Shraddha nor shall I give pind-dan.
    I shall not act in a manner violating the principles and teachings of the Buddha.
    I shall not allow any ceremonies to be performed by Brahmins.
    I shall believe in the equality of man.
    I shall endeavor to establish equality.
    I shall follow the noble eightfold path of the Buddha.
    I shall follow the ten paramitas prescribed by the Buddha.
    I shall have compassion and loving kindness for all living beings and protect them.
    I shall not steal.
    I shall not tell lies.
    I shall not commit carnal sins.
    I shall not take intoxicants like liquor, drugs etc.
    I shall endeavor to follow the noble eightfold path and practice compassion and loving kindness in every day life.
    I renounce Hinduism, which is harmful for humanity and impedes the advancement and development of humanity because it is based on inequality, and adopt Buddhism as my religion.
    I firmly believe the Dhamma of the Buddha is the only true religion.
    I believe that I am having a re-birth.
    I solemnly declare and affirm that I shall hereafter lead my life according to the principles and teachings of the Buddha and his Dhamma

dubiousity

friends or family of a BK

Re: Ambedkarite Buddhism - Freeing Untouchables from Hinduism

Post23 Sep 2010

Amen!

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Sep 2010

Here is the Ambedkarite ex-Brahma Kumari approach.
Ambedkarite ex-BK-ism - Freeing ex-BKs from Brahma Kumarism

I shall have no faith in Brahma Kumaris nor shall I support them any more.
I shall have no faith in Lehkraj Kripalani who was believed to be incarnation of God nor shall I remember him.
I shall have no faith in the senior Sisters, any Didis, Dadia or even Sister Shivani nor shall I listen them.
I do not believe Shiva is God.
I do not and shall not believe that Lehkraj Kripalani was the incarnation of Krishna or Narayan. I believe this to be sheer madness and false propaganda.
I shall not perform their meditation nor read any more Murlis.
I shall act according to my own commonsense and experience.
I shall not attend any service programmes organised by the Brahma Kumaris.
I shall believe in the spiritual equality of humanity.
I shall endeavor to establish equality.
I shall live my own life.
I shall do my best to be compassionate, loving and protect others but wont get to hung up if I do not make to perfection or enlightenment in this life.
I shall not give or collect money for the BKWSU.
I shall not do any more service for the BKWSU.
I shall not be too hung up if I happen to enjoy a little sex, drugs (including alcohol and caffeine) and rock'n'roll or enjoy watching a movie now and again.
I shall endeavor to follow my own life and learn from my own experiences.
I renounce Brahma Kumarism, which is harmful for humanity and impedes the advancement and development of humanity because it is based on inequality.
I firmly believe there is no "only true religion" and admit that I do not really know if re-birth exists or not.
I solemnly declare and affirm that I shall hereafter lead my life as an ex-BK until I die.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post26 Sep 2010

Hallelujah Brother ... that is the best thing I've ever read, funny but absolutely the only cure.

Return to Anything goes