Just Curious

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

Never-Mind

Re: Just Curious

Post12 Jul 2012

To me we are all God's human appearance on earth. I say "appearance" because this human body-mind is not Who we really are. Who we really are is not from this world.

I give the same recognition to our neighbors who appear as members of Brama Kumaris.

As a human God can make mistakes and even repent of them. That is His cross. For example, when God is described as being angry, it is referring to Him being angry as His human appearance. As a human He can repent of having been angry. This happens when He remembers Who He is, and speaking to Himself as a human reminds Himself that He is God and not man, the Holy One in his very center or midst of His awareness, as that is His essential "I AM" or "I":
How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? How shall I deliver thee, Israel? How shall I make thee as Admah? How shall I set thee as Zeboiim? Mine heart is turned within Me; My repentings are kindled together. I will not execute the fierceness of Mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim; for I am God, and not man, the Holy One in the midst of thee; and I will not enter into the city.

- Hosea 11:8-10

And when God as a human -as any one of us- is angry at His human appearance, seeing that there are so many bad people, thus still not remembering Who He is in His human disguise, in His own or in that of others, that anger is called "Satan" (same story in two Bible books):
"And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah."

- 2 Samuel:24

"And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel."

- 1 Chronicles:21

Yesterday - for the last time - I went to see that lovely lady from BK. I am very grateful to her for the time she has given me. She made me understand more about Raja Yoga the way BK teaches it. That was helpful.

She is also God in human appearance, even though God as she might still find that a too lofty recognition to accept, still identifying with His human appearance as she. But she is not her human appearance. She is the appearance of God as a body-mind, without being that body-mind.

May God come to Himself in her. We might not meet again on earth, but we will in Heaven. And even now we are connected as souls, and one in God, the only Truth, the only Reality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Just Curious

Post12 Jul 2012

Did you actually discuss with her any of our concerns or what you learned here? Did she respond?

I'll be honest with you. I am not a great fan of the desert dwelling Big 3 Middle Eastern religions and their angry, vengeful gods and I regrets their influence over Western Europe. I have spent years living in societies free of them and found them, if not perfect, at least preferable. I see no logical reason why we Nordic/Germanic/Celts ought be burdened with Judean history, as if it was ours. I cannot see why we were not better off with the old gods and resent having being indoctrinated into it all. Together, they seem to be the cause of 90% of the wars in this world.

I remember my favourite quote from the Bible which went something like ...
Get ye over that hill, murder all the men, rape all the women and goats, and take the land for your own ... for I am the Lord God Almighty and you are my chosen people etc etc etc

All of these men who would be supreme gods of all, or gods who want to God of all, really need to do some therapy and confront their issues. Apparently it all relates back to the 300 year earlier Babylonian tribal Code of Hammurabi, e.g. and eye for an eye and all that.

And let's face it, Leviticus has some terribly bigoted and corrupt stuff in it. Or, at least, is a condemning testimony of society at that time.

The Greeks weren't all bad, with all their Goddesses and words for love but, let's be honest, despite all the best efforts of the mystics to ring something out of The Bible, it's an awful book full of violence, war and persecution. Surely you could take out all the bad and ugly bits and slim it down to just a short story. I mean, is not that what Jesus tried to do?

The BKs, or the god of the BKs, seem to have taken on bits of the Christianity and Islam which did not come from Hinduism; a Supreme God Father, the End of the World etc. He also has a soft spot for Christ soul over and above the other "prophet souls".

But what I really don't understand about the religion mind is how disconnected it can be, whilst still being so sure of itself, e.g. the Bible is very clear on homosexuality ... take them out and stone them etc ... and yet half the clergy is gay. I am not addressing this at you, Never-mind, but how can people really believe that these institutions were set up by "God" after all the bad have done?
Previous

Return to Newcomers