Original 1940 Anti-Om Mandli Book found

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Original 1940 Anti-Om Mandli Book found

Post09 Oct 2012

An original copy of the 1940s book
... "Om Mandli",
A true and authenticated story
about its activities being a reply to
"Is This Justice?"

by the Bhaibund Om Mandli Committee
of Hyderabad Sind ...

An_Reply_to_Is_This_Justice_by_Om_Radhe-latest.pdf
Updated. Previous edition downloaded 59 times
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 8137 times

has been found beyond the reach and censorship of the BKWSU and is being released to the public for the first time in 70 years. It is worth noting that;
    a) others copies of it do exist,
    b) that the BKWSU has at least one,
    c) that the BKWSU is hiding its contents from its supporters and adherents,
    d) that the BKWSU has made no efforts to share it or inform us of its existence whatsoever (despite its dependency on this forum for its most recent historical revision work and the inspiration taken from our work),
    e) that the BKWSU has changed and censored what little parts of it they have released to hide the worst of it.
The book sheds light upon the early days of the Om Mandli that turns upside down the Brahma Kumaris' "official history", and the portrayal of their gurus and their early critics.

In particular, it documents the intimate, luxurious and even sensual relationships between Lekhraj Kirpalani and the girls and young women of the Om Mandli which involved; lying with, sleeping with, sitting on his lap, kissing and fondling, and even bathing with half naked. It notes his special relationship with teenage Om Radhe and his preference for lighter skinned girls. In one case it refers to a photography of his with Om Radhe with the same morsel of food in both's mouth as lovers do.

In every way Lekhraj Kirpalani appears to acted as if he was their Krishna and it appears that the nigh universal reaction of the Sindi community of that day was not a reaction "against God" and the Brahma Kumaris "purity" ... but rather a reaction against Lekhraj Kirpalani's lack of morality and Om Radhe's slavish insolence towards outsiders.

The book, again, refers to the mysterious Saddhu to which Lekhraj Kirpalani is reported to have paid 10,000 Rupees to learn some mystical art, and accuses Kripalani in highly modern terms of running a cult and using hypnotism. Conclusions it took us many years just recently to finally arrive at and accept. It lays bear a version of the activities of the Om Mandli that are far more believable than the BKWSU's fictional creation. It was written in English and contains authenticated witnesses statements, letters of support from various social organizations and copies of newspaper articles of the time.

----------
This version has been faithfully typed out in full to create a smaller file and to allow easy searching. It's hoped that a pictorial copy of an authenticated copy of the original will be released as time allows in case there is any doubt as to the authenticity of it.

Title-good.jpg

jann

friends or family of a BK

Re: Original 1940s Anti-Om Mandli Book found

Post09 Oct 2012

Good job, Ex-I. Why is BK still here I wonder?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Oct 2012

What this book does again is to prove that the Brahma Kumari leadership, those who claim to the the top most souls in the world ... the future Empresses and Emperors of an Age of Truth (ha!) ... have lied, deceived and fabricated about themselves and others viciously.

At present, using elite and privileged Western BKs, the inner circle is running around to try and erect another lie or fabrication which is good enough to fob off the faithful BKs and to keep them enslaved, to distract away from the light of truth that is rising around them.

Imagine the decades worth of individuals who based their life decision upon the fairy stories like Adi Dev ... is it fair for them that the leadership kept all this hidden, and still keeps it hidden?

For me, all this does a number of things.

Firstly, it portrays the BKs as deeply unprincipled and unspiritual. The BKs have copies of this book, do they tell anyone, do they release and discuss them? As a so called "university", they have no academic credibility whatsoever.

Secondly, this book and the early documents produced in the name of Om Radhe portray a view of the BKWSU that is almost back to front. That is to say that the "purity", virtues and values, and many of the inspirations for reform have comes from outside of the BKWSU and certainly not Lekhraj Kirpalani who comes across as devious and egotistical.

Note where his business partner signs, under oath, that he knew Lekhraj Kirpalani was "not a moral man". What does that mean in the Victorian English of that time? What might Lekhraj Kirpalani have been "not moral" about? There really only are two things; money and business? Or women and sex? (in the Murlis he was called "the lusty thorn" ... and, e.g. in Calcutta of the 1910s and 20s nearly 25 percent of working women were prostitutes and courtesans) ... What was it?

Fidelity to his wife does not not seem to have been one of Kripalani's strong points.

Note the clear and specific references to a photograph where he and the attractive, teenage Om Radhe were nibbling at the same piece of food in their mouths. How did his wife feel watching that?

Note the references of the other few men in the Mandli enjoying intimacy with the girls.

There are a few facts to support the claims, e.g. there was a big bath in one of their properties in which Lekhraj Kirpalani is accused of watching or bathing with the women half naked. Om Radhe, despite doing her best not to give straight answers, admits sitting affectionately in his lap as others did. All of this would shock and offend society today, never mind that of the 1930s and 1940s Sindi.

Note also how educated, professional and restrained the Om Mandli Bhaibund Committee is ... how different from the Brahma Kumaris portrayal of them as ignorant and vicious. Note also it was not just "men versus women" as the BKs portray it, it was co-headed by a young, intelligent SIndi woman and included other Sindi women of good standing, and bear in mind all of this was carried out in a second language of English.

If the Om Mandli were to have happened today, it would have immediately have been closed down as being an abusive cult and an unsafe place for children. The hypnosis and trance, the bizarre use of "antimony" (magical kohl or eyeliner) by Kripalani and others, the encouragement of young girls ... children ... to run away from and disobey their parents. These are trends which have carried on to this day, e.g. it documents how wives are taught how to disobey and 'detach' their husbands, even to use violence to do so ... I have had similar reports in the last few years. Within the Hindi community, it is said BKs Sisters conspire with each other not just to kick out their husbands but also use divorce laws to take properties etc.

Up until now, the Brahma Kumaris' excuse was that God Shiva had incarnated and all these other evil people ... devils, literally, were conspiring to stop his work. Well ... now we know there was no God Shiva at this time, there was just Lekhraj Kirpalani playing at being Krishna, believing himself to be God Brahma and the Gita Sermoniser, and "higher than God" ... quote-unquote.

Even now, the BKWSU will not admit how and when "God Shiva" was revealed, the meetings they had to re-write their religion, why they kept such a silent conspiracy over their past and what really went on. Nor answered to their followers and ex-followers why they lied to them and deceived them.

A few elite Western BKs like "academic" Tamasin Ramasay and others *might* be in on the discussions ... who knows what the inner circle really say or get up to ... the vast majority of Indian BKs are still being kept in the dark, still fed lies.

Cross referencing this book with other research being done, for example, the work the BKs are being forced to do, it is appearing to me that, again and again, Kripalani was not the original source of the religiousness and morality of the BKWSU and that there were other influences which have now been removed from the BKWSU by those following the Cult of Lekhraj. During my own BKWSU experience, I would always say that the like of Janki Kirpalani were infatuated and actually still infatuated with Lekhraj and it is from here that the cult of Lekhraj within the BK movement has grown.

Others are currently exploring the possible avenues that the "intelligence" of the Sakar Murlis did not flow from Lekhraj Kirpalani, and certainly not from Lekhraj Kirpalani alone, and that Om Radhe and the other earlier mediums had much to do with it. It may even be that BapDada is not who they say it is either. There are more surprising revelations to come.

I used to think the BKs were one of the better religions because of their standards. I have now found that it not true and I was duped. I was faced to accept they were a cult. I started to think they were like a feminine version of the Scientologists, opposite but equal. Now I see the early BKWSU on a par with a cult like "The Family" ... so typical in every way of a cult. They were everything that was criticised of cults in the 70s.

It must have been very exciting for them but I think "evil" is afoot within.

dany

Post10 Oct 2012

Testemonies of inmates do not leave any doubt that Lekhraj Kirpalani was an emotionally disturbed person...!

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2012

This was the signed affidavit. An affidavit is a "written sworn statement of fact voluntarily made under an oath or affirmation administered by a person authorized to do so by law". It is not just gossip or PR whitewash like the BKWSU indulges in.

Would so many people of standing within society really have risked making oaths and signing false statements? I think not.

Even if there was a conspiracy against Lekhraj Kirpalani ... could it have been so complete and would they all have had the courage to lie under oath?

However, the Brahma Kumaris' problem is even more complex. Having advertised how good and trusting a relationship Kripalani had with his business partner, why would his partner have sworn under oath:
I, Shewakram Khubchand Daswani, state on solemn affirmation as under:-

1. That I have known Lekhraj Khubchand, founder of the Om Mandli since the last thirty five years. His age at present in 54 years.
    2. That I was his partner in the concern of Messers Lekhraj Shewakram at Calcutta.
    3. That some 8 years ago, he and I were passing by a place where a Sadhu was saying that he could initiate any one into a secret provided he paid him a handsome sum. That there-after Lekhraj used to visit this Sadhu and in a few days he withdrew from his account a sum of Rs 10,000. That thereafter he gave up his connection with business.
    4. That Lekhraj always lived a very luxurious life and is a very clever man.
    5. That I know it for a fact that he did not live a pure moral life.
... the petitioners have received information which they believe, that the founder's previous life had not been above suspicion in the moral sphere and that he used to live a rather dissolute life.

If by 1939 Shewakram was already taking sides against Lekhraj Kirpalani and writing under oath of a separate Sadhu "8 years ago", that places the original event which started the Yugya back to 1931/32.

The documents combined also prove Om Radhe, the alleged number two soul and his future Golden Aged Empress to be a liar under oath.

She is asked "Does Dada Lekhraj call girls of the Mandli as Gopies?" and answers "No", and yet other witnesses and documents say he did. We all know the religion is full of references to gopis.
AFFIDAVIT

I, Hasmatrai Vishindas, Merchant residing in Hyderabad Sind, state on solemn affirmation as followers:-

3. That subsequently I found Lekhraj styled himself as "Krishna" and God and the inmates of the Mandli as "Gopis".
4. That in my presence I found him running down the Granth Sahib and other Hindu Scriptures.
5. That I have seen Lekhraj taking all sorts of liberties with the girls in Om Mandli including embracing, kissing, dancing, sporting with their ..... which indeed is contrary to the morals of any Society.

It seems the "...blank..." refers to their breasts;
When I rejoined the institution after the break referred to above, I saw considerable degeneration in the moral tone of Dada Lekhraj as I saw him making girls sleep in his lap and embracing and kissing them and also pulling their breasts and touching them all over the body. He used to ask the girls also to kiss him and keep their hands on ... The girls used to feel abashed but had no power of resistance. He used to pay more court in this connection to ... because she has chubby cheeks and is very fair in her look and well built body .....

How possible and likely is this?

Well, Lekhraj Kirpalani was clearly intoxicated at playing the role of Krishna and anyone who knows anything about the stories of Krishna knows they are full of such erotic and sensual references.

From the Harivaṃśa Puraṇa, a text believed to appendix or supplement to the Mahabharata scripture,
Veda Vyas wrote not wrote: "Entranced by his graceful ways, the gopis greeted him joyously as he strolled about. They pressed their full, swelling breasts against him, their eyes darting about ... Then others had their chance to find pleasure in his arms. When he sighed with pleasure, the girls joyously echoed his melodious sounds. Their hair, once carefully bound and parted, lay strewn about as they fell back fulfilled, stray hairs caressing the nipples of their breasts. On many a moonlit autumn night, Krishna and the herder girls joined in these revels, amusing themselves in delicious play.

Having enticed them, Krishna, paradoxically, asked the ladies to return home since adultery would not be approved of. The gopis were however adamant; they fervently professed their love for him and explained the suffering they would undergo if denied union with him. Krishna relented and on the cool sands of the banks of the Yamuna with the heady perfume of the lilies in the air, made love to them.

By stretching out his arms and embracing them; by playfully caressing their hair, by pleasurably stroking their thighs, loosening their waist cloths and fondling their breasts; by engaging in battles with fingernails; and by playful derision, glances and smiles the Lord aroused the women to the peak of passion, and made love to them.

Krishna now uses a combination of remorse and flattery to break Radha's pride. He praises her moonlike face and the nectar of her lips, describes her as the very ornament of his life ...
    0 anxious one,
    abandon fear, imagining
    me devoted to other women,
    You alone entirely occupy my heart
    with your voluptuous breasts and hips.

Crush me with your hard breasts,
    entwine me in your vine-like arms
    bite me with your merciless teeth"

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2012

Note another failed and bizarre prediction ...
There are no caste restrictions of any kind in Sind Hindus specially so in Hyderabad. The only stir that was causes by this Marriage (Lekhraj Kirpalani marrying his daughter outside his community against their wishes to a teacher in a local school) emanated from a statement issued by Lekhraj at that time,

that a child begotten of this daughter and the school master would be the future Avatar of Hindus.

It is six years that this marriage took place (1934) but there has been no issue as yet.

The second cause is the direct result of Bhai Lekhraj's fall referred to above. His teachings. They instead of showing his women disciples the straight path of virtue and love and duty led them down the devil's avenue of foolish disobedience, unjust rebellion and obstinate disregard of social conventions.

Does anyone have details about Navaneet (Puttu) who was married the school teacher Bhodharaj (Yogiraj), and remember what the other books said about this marriage?

I think the date alone starts to raise questions as the BKWSU used to tell it was a celibate marriage to save her honour and after the alleged incarnation of Shiva in 1936.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2012

The book also challenges the standard explanation that the PBKs/AIVV give as spoken by Virendra Dev Dixit, e.g.
AIVV wrote:Sevak Ram was Lekhraj Kirpalani's relative and his most trusted confidant with whom he used to have regular consultations. Together they opened a shop with diamonds and jewellery in the "most famous" business center in Calcutta (rather than a "business center", it was a semi-open bazaar built by the British because they did not want to rub shoulders with the Indians, called New Market or Sir Stuart Hogg Market). The shop named Lakhi Raj-Sevak Ram & Sons was located on the first ground, Lekraj and Sevak Ram lived in the upper floors.

When Lekhraj experienced visions, neither he himself nor his guru was able to understand their meanings. Lekhraj went to Benares, the intellectual-spiritual center of India. The most famous gurus and scholars in Benares weren’t able to explain to him meanings of those visions. Only in Bengal, probably in Calcutta, Lekhraj received the answer to his question about the visions. Who was that person who helped Lekhraj understand his visions? The name that is sometimes mentioned is ‘Sevak Ram’.

The visions that Lekhraj experienced and what consequently happened between his partner and Lekhraj led to the foundation of a new spiritual school in Hyderabad in which the partner, along with two women related to him, and Lekhraj Kripalani played very important roles in the period from 1936 till 1942. Initially the school was named Om Mandali.

On the turn of 1941/42 Lekhraj’s partner died. With the course of time Lekhraj took over the reins of the school. The school established in Hyderabad was moved to Karachi and later on in 1950-51 to Mount Abu, from where Dada Lekhraj became known as Brahma Baba.

Apparently Virendra Dev Dixit got the name "Sevak Ram" from a comic book version of the history produced by the BKWSU ... and the dates don't add up again. They are saying 1942 but by 1939/40 Sevak Ram is already taking sides against Lekhraj Kirpalani and Om Mandli.

Here is the building ...

Lakhi_Raj-Sevak_Ram_&_Sons.jpg

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2012

Apologies to those on a slow internet connection. Here are the photos from the book. '"Om Mandli". A true and authenticated story about its activities being a reply to 'Is This Justice'".

I think they all look very respectable and different from how the Brahma Kumaris portrayed them.

Om-Mandli_1940_a.jpg
Sadhu Vaswani and Satyagrahi in Hyderabad

Om-Mandli_1940_b.jpg
Governor of Sind and District Magistrate

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2012

Om-Mandli_1940_c.jpg
Anti Om Mandli Committee members

Om-Mandli_1940_d.jpg
Kidnapped Om Mandli girls and Congress member

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2012

Om-Mandli_1940_e.jpg
Gurdinomal Mangharam and Bhai Narain Shewakram

Om-Mandli_1940_f.jpg
Gopi Mangharam BA, women against Om Mandli

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2012

Om-Mandli_1940_g.jpg
Hindu and Panchayat leaders

Om-Mandli_1940_h.jpg
Congress worker and Satyagrahis

dany

Post11 Oct 2012

It is very frightening and disturbing to learn from the book how the creator of the cult, Lekhraj Kirpalani, used to turn wives against their husbands and families, and children against their parents, to guarantee their full time attendance and unconditional loyalty and devotion ...!!!

If this was happening in our time, he would definitely not get away with it ...!!!

ex-l

ex-BK

Post11 Oct 2012

I agree Dany. And I think the book is credible. I think it is 98% fair and objective. Actually, I have had the opportunity to speak to old Sindis and how they described the goings on of the Om Mandli as more extreme, particularly their descriptions of the early seances (psychic demonstrations) and daily life of which most people reading this book would know. We've all seen the pictures of Lekhraj Kirpalani wearing eye liner ... what was that all about?

Rather than the 'sweetness and light' fairy stories of the BKWSU, they describe women screaming and moaning at times. The noises and disturbances put people off and annoyed neighbours. Who knows what on earth was really going on.

Saveyourlife is correct that we should really compile all this together in one book ... unfortunately, until the BKWSU, we have not got millions of dollars and thousands of unpaid workers to do the work.

I don't know if you have read the Brahma Kumaris's book that inspire this response, it is here: "Is This Justice?" by Om Radhe. Of course, it was not written by Om Radhe. It was written by an advocate they hired to fight their case and advise them ... but Lekhraj Kirpalani was using the women as a front to avoid being attacked and sued. There was nothing "divine" or feministic about it.

In the Library is more of the material the BKs were putting out at this time. It is true they were insulting everyone from Gandhi, through Congress, via all other religions and religious leaders, to community leaders and their neighbours and in-laws the Mangharams. The only people they do not seem to have insulted are the British rulers, who they sucked up to. Make of that what you will.

They were calling them ignorant, deluded, devils and so on ... so when Om Radhe sits there saying, "I have no recollection ... I do not wish to say ..." and ignoring the questions etc, I think ... what an ass. Yet they have turned her into a goddess ... for what? What did she really actually ever do? We know they were insulting everyone. We know the Divine Decrees and Murlis were full of the stuff. The BKs were dishonest from day one.

learningspirit

Post11 Oct 2012

Well done ex-l for publishing this.

Lekhraj certainly sounds like a dirty old man by todays standard's and if he were doing it now there would be a huge outcry, if not arrests. Unfortunately the BK are still successfully continuing his delusions today by breaking up families through their deceptions and hiding what they are doing through various fronts.

It is interesting to note that the organisation was labeled as a cult and the meditations/trances were identified as pure hypnotism even then. I find it incredibly deceitful and unethical that the BK hide their use of hypnotism by calling it Raja Yoga or guided meditation.

I wonder if the photograph of Lekhraj and Om Radhe nibbling the same piece of food together still exists somewhere. It certainly indicates that the relationship was more than spiritual, no indication that it was fully sexual but certainly she was completely and insanely infatuated with him.

Was Dadi Janki supposed to have joined Om Mandli from the outset? If so, was Janki one of Lekhraj's Gopis or was she someone who wasn't as favoured, if she was really there.

In one of the eyewitness accounts it says the following:
He used to preach that there was no difference between males and females and that whatever was done by males and females inside Om Mandli became sanctified. He preached no restraint in sex matters between males and females who were members of the Om Mandli because on account of Mandli Gian whatever they did could not amount to sin. He preached also against wives meeting their non-member husbands who were considered as dogs without Om Mandli Gian. He preached against marriage and said that marriage was a sacrifice to Kali

Does "no restraint in sex matters" really mean that members of the Om Mandli could practice whatever they wanted sexually or is this a misquote/misinterpretation and actually means the opposite, i.e. they should be completely restrained sexually and practice celibacy? If the latter, eyewitness statements seems to say that they weren't very successful at this.

I see why the BK wouldn't publish their copy of the book and keep it hidden from their 'students'. It clearly shows the lies and half-truths told by the BK from the start and attempts to change the history books would be seen, i.e Shewakram Khubchand Daswani confirms Lekhraj was 54 in 1939 so attempts to change his age to fit in with modified history would be spotted quickly.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post12 Oct 2012

The book destroys the false version of events the Brahma Kumaris have popularised and that the "Anti-Party" were anti-purity, anti-God Shiva and so on. I don't know how lascivious the Om Mandli was yet. All I know is that their story is false and that the activities described are equivalent to stories of the mythic Krishna's lascivious behaviour and that given Lekhraj Kirpalani believed he was Krishna that would him to believe, it was acceptable for him to act as a Krishna with the girls. And it must have given him sensual pleasure.

The concerning issue that some of the women or girls felt inhibitions and resistances against such activities and were perhaps groomed or coerced to take part in them.

Lekhraj was between 48 to 52 when it all started (1932 or 1936 depending on when one choses, Shewakram Khubchand Daswani wrote in February 1939, and he is listed as 54 in 1938 too), so you might say the prime of his life given his wealth, and you know how much of an aphrodisiac wealth is. Radhi Pokardas Rajwani (Om Radhe) was 22 in 1938 but we do not know when she arrived. 20 in 1936, 16 in 1932 (I think it is written somewhere when her Father died and she came to the Sind). Many of the other girls, including Janki Metharam Kripalan were minors (13 in 1938, old enough to remember details I would say).

A 50 married millionaire with an 18 year old beauty sitting in his lap, kissing and have photos taken eating the same morsel of food? Wearing kohl, inducing women into trance and hysterics believing he was God Krishna, dancing with them and having them hanging on him like he was Elvis or indulging in "sleep overs" ... its beyond creepy and into svengali-like territory.

The Om Mandli Bhaibund Committee are very specific in the investigations. The issue of his touching the women, specifically "pulling" their breasts seems very sure. The tank or big bath definitely existed. I note the essence of cultic secrecy starting from the beginning, the principle of ...
    Whatever happens in the Mandli, stays in the Mandli.
The point you pull out, which is echoed in Om Radhi's statements, that "whatever they did could not amount to sin" continues within the cult today to the point that, "if you remember Baba, your actions have no karma".

My reading of the Brahma Kumaris is, at present, that their current "religiosity" had to be adopted *not* because of the lead of Lekhraj Kirpalani ... but because of external reactions. That the holiness actually came from outside and elsewhere. In the pre-censorship Murlis, there are many mentions of another "partner", not necessarily a business partner, who later left and the question I am asking at present is ...
    "... was this gentleman the source for many of the stories of the holy and wise Prajapita?"
That is to say, is the BK story a composite of bits and pieces combining characteristics of him with Lekhraj Kirpalani giving the BK leaders the ability to lie convincingly? The bits and pieces were "true stories" but the context in or identity onto which they project them is false ... their "Prajapita Brahma" is a mythical character (and not the "spirit" of BapDada either).

If we look at the rest of the BK story, the biographies and autobiographies, it fits this mode. It is a broken jigsaw puzzle in just the same way. Bits and pieces of half-truth all jumbled up together with a little bit of religion from the fantasist Jagdish Chander. However, it is likely that Jagdish Chander was also lied to and encouraged to brew up a religious sounding story as part of these people's reinvention. I am expecting to discover the "12 gurus" story and so on are either false, or relating to this other figure who advised Lekhraj Kirpalani.

Unlike the PBKs, who keep the older Murlis and study them, I don't believe either Lekhraj Kirpalani or this other other figure was channeling "God" or "Shiva" in the manner that the BK present it and I believe the Saddhu story is literal.
Svengali was a fictional character in a George du Maurier's 1894 novel, Trilby. He was a hypnotist. The word "svengali" refer to a person who, with evil intent, controls another person by persuasion or deceit. The Svengali may feign kindness and use manipulation to get the other person to yield his or her autonomy.

Svengali "would either fawn or bully and could be grossly impertinent. He had a kind of cynical humour that was more offensive than amusing". In the novel, Svengali transforms Trilby into a great singer by using hypnosis. Unable to perform without Svengali's help, Trilby becomes entranced.
Next

Return to The BKWSU