BK and corruption - really?

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

Minesh

BK and corruption - really?

Post25 Jun 2013

I've been reading the various posts and have one question:

All this talk of lies, corruptions, scandals and fraud etc

My question is what do the Senior BKs / Dadi's get out of it? Nothing as far as I can see! Therefore, I cannot really believe some of the claims being made here. I've observed the Dadis for over 20 years now can say that their lives are anything but materialistic. You just have to go to their rooms in Madhuban and you see it is just like everyone else's with little special amenities.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BK and corruption - really?

Post26 Jun 2013

They got fed, clothed, housed, free servants and, latterly, worshipped for 60 years. And all without having to go and get a real job in the outside.

That's not a bad deal for a bunch of women with no money, no education and no profession in India. What was their alternative going to be after the party on Lekhraj Kirpalani's money ran out? Begging ... starvation? They did not even have land to farm.
    How many other families' money have they used up in their social climbing, and for what at the end of the day?
Keep reading ... I don't think anyone here has suggested that they are your typical "self-indulgent gurus". Their game is a little different from that. But, at the same time, no one really knows how much wealthy they are sitting on nor how they spend it.

Increasingly, the religion appears to be using it to glorify them (... "them" meaning everyone from Lekhraj Kirpalani down).

enlightened

ex-BK

Post27 Jun 2013

Minesh,

the reality of the situation with the so called "Seniors" within the Brahma Kumaris is that they do live a life of pure luxury! Everywhere they go, their air fares are paid for, their food and accommodation are paid for, they get provided with the best quality of food, drinks and service. Everyone else cleans for them. Everyone cleans after them. They do not have to lift a finger. They do not have to go out to work. They have time for afternoon siestas. They mostly sit and give talks, sit and meditate, attend conferences, have interviews, talk to their followers, attend meetings, ask for donations of time, wealth and property from their followers and commute from one place to another!!

If you do not call that a life of luxury, then ... What is it?

I know for a fact that Dadi Janki has a whole building complex in her name in Gyan Sarovar and, likewise, I am sure you will find a lot of other Seniors with possessions of many kinds that we are not even aware of. There is a lot of corruption from the Seniors downwards to the very mundane of followers! Only time will reveal the extent of the corruption, manipulation, brainwashing, damage done to so many friends and families; let alone to individuals' minds, education, careers and futures!

Some ex-bks have just used their seniority under the umbrella of the Brahma Kumaris to get themselves known and famous worldwide only to get their books published, their careers using the BK knowledge indirectly but getting paid for it ... By putting it in the context of corporate world language ... Some have used it to get their artwork exposed, their writing abilities exposed, their creative talents exposed etc ...

Some of the so called "Seniors" were having affairs in front of our own eyes and yet preaching detachment, celibacy, etc ...

Some of the Seniors molested young children and adults ...

Whose wealth is funding their luxurious lives ...?

I wish I had never every been exposed to the Brahma Kumaris as a child under 10 years old ... They took away my life, my soul, my being, my essence, my money, my possessions, my childhood, my adulthood and most of all my human rights ... All in the name of God, Destruction and their Golden Age.

I know that all of this sounds harsh and untrue to many BK followers or supporters, however, this is what i lived, experienced and witnessed as a child growing up in and around the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University.

It was like being spiritually, mentally and physically raped ... That is no joke and no exaggeration!!

It was a very lonely, frightening and crazy world for me as a child growing up within the Brahma Kumaris, not to mention a life of complete and utter suppression.

In the 30 odd years of my involvement, I completely lost touch with myself, my emotions, my feelings as well as my whole being ... No one can imagine how it must have felt ... Except for me!!!

enlightened

enlightened

ex-BK

Post27 Jun 2013

Are you the same Minesh as is on this attached file?

Connections 4.pdf
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 1264 times

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post27 Jun 2013

Wow enlightened, my heart goes out to you. Hope your OK!

enlightened

ex-BK

Post27 Jun 2013

Thank you Mr Green for your empathetic words ...

I was blind (METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING) for 30 or more years of my life!! I CAN SEE AT LAST!!! AND BOY DOES IT FEEL GOOD TO BE ABLE TO SEE, FEEL, EXPRESS AND BE IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE AT LAST! TO ACTUALLY BE IN TOUCH WITH MY REAL FEELINGS, EMOTIONS AND INNER SELF!!! MY SOUL OR BEING WAS YEARNING TO FEEL, EXPRESS AND JUST BE!!

MY SOUL WAS YEARNING TO BE SET FREE!! MY SOUL WAS YEARNING TO WALK AND FLY AGAIN ... MY SOUL WAS YEARNING TO BE LOVED AND CARED FOR ... AND STILL IS!!!

THE TRAUMA I HAVE GONE THROUGH DOES NOT EVEN ALLOW ME TO BE LOVED AND CARED FOR ... YEARNING TO SHARE ... I'VE STILL GOT A LONG WAY TO RECOVERY ON THAT FRONT AND IN MANY OTHER AREAS OF MY LIFE, HOWEVER, I KEEP GOING ... DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT I KEEP GOING ... I KEEP HOPING, KEEP PRAYING AND KEEP WORKING AT IT NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT OR CHALLENGING LIFE IS ...

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR WONDERING IF I AM OK MR GREEN!!

I HOPE YOU ARE OK TOO!

ENLIGHTENED

Minesh

Post27 Jun 2013

"Seniors" were having affairs in front of our own eyes and yet preaching detachment, celibacy, etc ...

Really?? I must admit I did not come across any of that but I would not put it past them.

Yes, I take your points if you take into consideration their lack of resources and education at the time when Lekhraj money ran out (so called 'beggary period') then they are indeed living a life of luxury. However, they always had the option to go back home (and many who couldn't take it did) but many remained. Was that out of fear or did they really believe in Lekhraj???

@Enlightened - I too grew up with the BKs and can understand your experience. Are you well, married with a happy family life? It took me a long time before I was able to approach women I found attractive, even talk to them without a feeling of guilt and what may happen to my karma as well as the pressure to conform. However, I've worked through it and making progress now. I hope you are too.

enlightened

ex-BK

Post27 Jun 2013

Thanks for your reply Minesh

I did witness some Seniors and other members having affairs and so I know that it happens!

Regarding the history of the Seniors, your guess is as good as mine. how do we really know what happened in those days ... we were not even born when it happened. How do we know what the truth is and whether there was any truth in what was said. We were just innocent children roped into this by our parents.

I seem to remember you.

No, I am not married and certainly don't have a family life so to speak! I am still trying to find myself, know myself and love myself again. I felt mentally, verbally and was physically abused within the BKs. It takes a long time for some of us to work through things before even thinking about delving into any relationships of the opposite sex. I don't know if I will ever be ready to have a relationship but only time will tell.

Members of the opposite sex have approached me on various occasions, however, it was only to take advantage of my naivety and vulnerability. It might be easier for some ex-BKs than others depending on the depth of their traumas or experiences within the organisation etc. Al I know is that I was only a small vulnerable child growing up around BKs and soaked up everything like a sponge!! and was left to feel like a lifeless zombie by the time I was in my thirties ...

I just hope that one day I can make sense of it all ... because I did not deserve all that baggage. Children have human rights to grow up in a conducive environment and should not be subjected to such heavy indoctrination, opinions, dogma etc at such a young age. Children have a right to be exposed to different experiences in life in order to find their own feet and make something of their life. I felt I was imposed with all these beliefs, dogma, the way I dress, the way I talk, the way I sit, the way I walk, the way I eat, what I eat, what I watch, who I spend time with, who I walk with, where I work, where my money goes, where I spend my time, where I go for my holiday (Madhuban) and the list goes on and on and on ...

There are a few positives in the Brahma Kumaris but more negatives than positives, however, I did not even need those positives as I was a child still growing up and finding my way in life and so, I don't think any of it was necessary for me ... I would have been okay within the religion I was born in as it is quite a gentle religion without too many restrictions or dogmas providing you are not heavily into that religion.

You might be able to understand what I am talking about if you were a children growing up around the Brahma Kumaris.

Oliver

Post27 Jun 2013

Enlightened, my heart goes out to you.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post28 Jun 2013

Minesh wrote:... (so called 'beggary period'). Was that out of fear or did they really believe in Lekhraj???

As Enlightened says, how do we know what really happened?

What we have discovered is that right up until 1955, there was no God Shiva in the religion. No mention at all. It was all God Lekhraj Kirpalani (Brahma) ... so all those stories about their devotion to God is false. It was devotion to Lekhraj Kirpalani. Destruction was suppose to be in 1950.

Ditto, "BKs not accepting money from non-BKs because it was impure" ... Lekhraj Kirpalani had a wealthy female support outside of the Yagya who kept them afloat and they tapped the British Empire for compensation money after partition. There's one story about someone converting it to golden jewellery and placing around Lekhraj Kirpalani's neck.

All of their stories are highly exaggerated, embellished and in places utterly falsified. I suspect the whole "beggary" story is so too, and that we'll never get the whole truth. Perhaps the money just ran out when that woman died or her family stepped in?

Why did not they just get a job and do some work? You can throw out the whole "purifying themselves by remember God" theory ... they was no Shiva to remember. They were just hanging out with Lekhraj Kirpalani.

kmanaveen

Post28 Jun 2013

Oh Dear Enlightened, I wish you come out of it quickly. You are right, there are some positives in BKs but many negatives. Also I think life is so open for everyone that if you have not experienced the so called negatives, you will never be able to value and enjoy the positives. In the same sense, I find BK Satyug just BORING!

Best wishes

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post28 Jun 2013

Off topic but I, too, was 'blinded' Enlightened. That is a perfect description of the BK condition ... I remember believing that scientists were arrogant because Baba said so! What a ridiculous thing to think! The hypocrisy!

I suffered mental abuse only by BKs, but I was an adult! My experience was obviously nothing like yours but I am also unable to feel properly, I still cannot tell my mum I love her as I was taught detachment to such a level I stopped feeling for others! ... Weird

Thanks for sharing, you are very couragous

Minesh, I remember you, I think. Your mum was also a BK, I believe? Hope you're well.

raistlin

ex-BK

Post28 Jun 2013

Dear Enlightened.

I can only imagine the trauma you have experienced. I am very sorry about that. I just have no words for such a meanness and cruelty when BKs abuse and indoctrinate a child.

I wish you come out of it too, be happy and eventually be able to enjoy your life fully.

Take care.

Dedicated to all of you (I am sorry for a little bit of off-topic). Hope you all get rid of the "demons from the past" eventually.

Best wishes.

raistlin

enlightened

ex-BK

Post28 Jun 2013

Very interesting song Raistlin!!

Thank you for sharing.

enlightened

ex-BK

Post28 Jun 2013

kmanaveen wrote: You are right, there are some positives in BKs but many negatives. Also I think life is so open for everyone that if you have not experienced the so called negatives, you will never be able to value and enjoy the positives. In the same sense, I find BK Satyug just BORING!

I just sat down to think about the positives and negatives of my 25+ years of encounter of involvement within the the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University. This is purely my own personal experience, view and opinion based on what I personally encountered, experienced and witnessed.

POSITIVE
NEGATIVE

1) Did Raja Yoga meditation really bring me closer to knowing myself, my feelings and my emotions?
    NO

It took me even further away from myself, my feelings and my emotions to the extent that I could not even feel any more
2) Did Raja Yoga Meditation actually bring me closer to God whoever that may be?
    NO

As it took me further away from myself, it obviously took me further away from God
3) Did it allow me to have any friendships within the Brahma Kumaris?
    NO

Clearly not as they preached detachment from everything and everyone. I, personally, did not have any friends whatsoever! Not one person has kept in touch with me since I left the organisation.
4) I was told that the Brahma Kumaris is one big spiritual family with members worldwide. In the real world, families generally look out for one another especially when they are a close knit family. Did anyone look out for me when I left after my 25+ years of involvement and dedication to them?
    NO

Not one member of the supposed Brahma Kumaris spiritual family.
5) As a child growing up, did the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University really prepare me for the "real world" or " the outside world" as they call it?
    NO

If it preached and imposed detachment from oneself, how on earth can one engage themselves to the "real world" which we live in.
6) Did the Brahma Kumaris Management allow their members to have any fun or enjoyment in their life?
    Only in the way they wanted us to enjoy our lives. Only when they allowed it.
7) Did the Brahma Kumaris management encourage further education, career etc ...?
    NO

They discouraged it because they preached that the END OF THE WORLD was coming. They encouraged us to give our time, money, wealth and our bones in the Service of the Brahma Kumaris and their God.
8) Did the Brahma Kumaris have any safety procedures for children, adolescents and adults during my involvement as a child, adolescent and adult?
    NO! NONE WHATSOEVER

I personally was molested by members of the Brahma Kumaris World Spritual University on at least 4 occasions. I had no one to turn to. In fact, I was absolutely scared out of my pants when it happened in my childhood and adolescence. When it happened as an adult, I took the courage to tell the management and, yes, you guessed it right, they blamed ME for allowing it to happen!
9) Did Raja Yoga really make me happy, blissful and at peace with myself?
    NO

How can I be happy if I cannot even be in touch with my feelings, emotions and the very core of my being. To me, it was all a question of putting on a smiley face that came across as spiritually happiness! but underneath that mask, there was immense suppression, unhappiness and bottled up emotions and feelings.
10) Did the Brahma Kumaris diet and Tolis make me feel healthy and strong?
    NO

It made me feel more and more addicted to sweet things!! And made my gums totally black!! And the inside of my body full of toxins!!
11) Did the Brahma Kumaris really instil moral, ehical and spiritual values in me? Did I really need the Brahma Kumaris to instil so called "moral and spiritual" values in me?
    NO

In my personal case, I was born in a family whose religion already encouraged spiritual values, non violence, good deeds etc without imposing all the restrictions of detachment, celibacy, destruction, Golden Age etc in my life.

The way I see it is that as a child, I was brought into an environment where someone else's vision was imposed on me, someone else's theory or perception was imposed on me to the extent that members of the Brahma Kumaris took control of how I live my life, took control of what I did in my life, took control of how I did things in my life, took control of what I did with my possessions, took control of what I did with my wealth, took control of how much I educated myself, took control of how I should groom myself, took control of what I should wear, what I should eat, who I should have contact with, and the list goes on and one and on ...
12) Did the Brahma Kumaris allow me to create my boundaries as a human being?
    NO

I wasn't even aloud to get that far as to even have knowledge of what boundaries are. They got in there before I was even able to develop my boundaries.
13) Did the Brahma Kumaris encourage friendships, having partners, marriage, having children etc etc?
    NO

They are completely and utterly opposed to this. They only preach celibacy and detachment. They preach that that is the only way that we can come close to god and get a good status in their so called "Golden Age".
14) Did they actually practice what they preach?
    Well not really!! I witnessed many having affairs, many using our money for their securing their own futures and possessions, many using people like myself as a slave to them. providing them with food, cooking for them, cleaning for them, going out to work for them and most importantly, SLEEP DEPRIVATION for them.

As a child, adolescent and adult, I was told to wake up at 3.30am to meditate ... and made to feel guilty if I did not wake up at 3.30am to meditate at 4am every single day.
15) Did my involvement bring happiness within my lokik family life? i.e with my mum, dad, siblings and extended family?
    NO

the Brahma Kumaris encourage me to move further and further away from my immediate and extended family. they even created conflict between my mum and dad because one was involved with the Brahma Kumaris and one wasn't. In fact, I wasn't even able to develop the thought of expressing love towards my mum, dad, siblings and extended family. very sad indeed!!
16) Did the Brahma Kumaris encourage freedom of speech, ideas, opinions, suggestions, constructive criticisms etc?
    NO

I felt like I was not even allowed to go against anything that they preached, conveyed and imposed. I felt like I was forced to accept absolutely everything they said and did, whereas, I had to accept their opinions about me and what I should or shouldn't be doing ...
Well, as you can see, based on my personal experience, I actually am unable to come up with anything positive about the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University/ Raja Yoga Meditation/Living Values/Inner Space etc.

My life within the Brahma Kumaris was one of total suppression, pretence, guilt, fear of the future as the world was to be destroyed, fear of leaving them, fear of doing anything that went against what they preached and imposed. So I guess it's no wonder I cannot come up with anything positive or good about my involvement with them.

The Brahma Kumaris management preach that if you leave them once you have been a Brahma Kumar or Kumari, then we will neither feel we belong to them or to the outside world!!

Those words are SO TRUE!! but what they don't realise is that its their dogma and indoctrination that makes it almost impossible to engage with the real world again ... SO, I guess what goes around comes around!!

I don't even know if that is true any more!! The "Law of Karma" as they called it!!

Sorry for such a lengthy posting. If anyone can think of any positives about the Brahma Kumaris world spiritual university, I would certainly be interested in reading about it. Please feel free to add any further negatives that I may have missed!

Yours Enlightened
Next

Return to Newcomers