Help with Brahma Kumaris Wikipedia Article

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

joel

ex-BK

Help with Brahma Kumaris Wikipedia Article

Post21 May 2006

If anyone is interested, there is some discussion going on at BKWSU Wikipedia aticle on various aspects of the BKWSU and its teachings. For example, is Raja Yoga a form of channeling? (I argue not.) And are the five vices a fixed and central tenet of the BK teachings? (I argue so.) However my statements are only those of a rather dated informant, having passed ten years since leaving. If someone active with the BKs, or who still has Murlis and publications at hand would like to step up, it would help the person actively editing the article (195.82.106.244) to accept changes.

This same person is also suggesting that the BKs do an article with their own description of themselves, perhaps linked to these titles:
    Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual Organization (with a Z)
    Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University
    BKWSU
By doing their own article, the BKs can focus on how they prefer to present themselves, leaving more sterile third-party description to the present article at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma_Kum ... ganisation

Regards,

Joel

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Help with Brahma Kumaris Wikipedia Article

Post21 May 2006

joel wrote:This same person is also suggesting that the BKs do an article with their own description of themselves, perhaps linked to these titles:

Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual Organization (with a Z)
Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University
BKWSU

By doing their own article, the BKs can focus on how they prefer to present themselves, leaving more sterile third-party description to the present article at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma_Kum ... ganisation

Regards,

Joel

This is not true Joel, you are entirely misrepresenting what has been written. As it reads, what they are suggesting is to make new pages that create links that forward to the one article. That is the way the Wiki works.

It is probably a good thing to emphasise what the Wikipedia is and advertising it is not. " Sterile third-party descriptions " are probably more in line with its aim to be an objective source of information.

Whether or not the BKs practise channelling, or whether or not Lekhraj and Gulzar were/are channelling would make an interesting thread. I'd argue Shiva is a channelled entity and those two certainly are channelling, whether or not others or the practise is, I don't know.

Perhaps we can define that as well.

Thanks.

joel

ex-BK

Post21 May 2006

ex-l wrote:As it reads, what they are suggesting is to make new pages that create links that forward to the one article. That is the way the Wiki works.

Okay, I misread. Well, BKs, if you want to have a part of frosty third-party descriptions of the BKs, please do so! I am rather out of touch with official Gyan. My memories (of even a few minutes ago!) are tinged with a halo of idealized joy.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post24 May 2006

joel wrote:Okay, I misread. Well, BKs, if you want to have a part of frosty third-party descriptions of the BKs, please do so! I am rather out of touch with official Gyan. My memories (of even a few minutes ago!) are tinged with a halo of idealized joy.

Just out of interest, you can see Brahma Kumaris " official " re-writing of the article in comparison to the extensive one here ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... d=54606331

Interesting.

joel

ex-BK

Post24 May 2006

ex-l wrote:Interesting.

Yes, following the discussion and changes, one can see how someone who casually attempts to use The Big Hammer(tm) is shown up to be an uncommunicative bully ... and their changes don't stick.

First the guy changed the article, then he (most likely a testosterone-crazed he) deleted the discussion. But all the old versions are there, and more people are there to restore them than to Destroy Destroy Destroy, and the Destroyers start to look rather foolish.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post24 May 2006

joel wrote:First the guy changed the article, then he (most likely a testosterone-crazed he) deleted the discussion. But all the old versions are there, and more people are there to restore them than to Destroy Destroy Destroy, and the Destroyers start to look rather foolish.

Somebody must be having a bad stage and practising Dharam Raj consciousness. On others.

I see someone has registered the user name " Brahma Kumaris ". Does this mean that the Institution has now registered what is going on and someone is acting on official instructions?

I wonder if they have asked for Shrimat on it? I'd say that the Wiki is definitely off limits for a pukka BK. Perhaps we can look forward to some definitive answers.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Wikipedia

Post25 Oct 2006

There is right now an on going campaign by the BKs to whitewash an article written about them on Wikipedia, they are trying to rewrite an article that many BKs and ex-bks have contributed to in an attempt to define the BKs and their history ... It is incredible what these people are heading, such violence :!: ... If they really believe in karma I don't know, I am wondering if they ever really hold any of the things they tell the public about themselves dear

... really, I am shocked ...

joel

ex-BK

Re: Wikipedia

Post26 Oct 2006

Mr Green wrote:There is right now an on going campaign by the BKs to whitewash an article written about them on Wikipedia, they are trying to rewrite an article that many BKs and ex-BKs have contributed to in an attempt to define the BKs and their history ... It is incredible what these people are heading, such violence :!: ... If they really believe in karma I don't know, I am wondering if they ever really hold any of the things they tell the public about themselves dear ... really, I am shocked ...

But the steadfast watch of the guard continues to protect the articles, reverting arbitrary changes and arguing over others in the discussion section.

How can the BKs get far when they encounter the immovable mountain of ex-BK 195...244.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post26 Oct 2006

Thanks for that Joel, you are right, there is some sterling efforts being made over there ...

joel

ex-BK

Post29 Oct 2006

Mr Green wrote:thanks for that Joel, you are right, there is some sterling efforts being made over there ...

To which I am adding my own. Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Mr Green

ex-BK

BKs removing links to ex-BK sites from Wikipedia

Post24 Nov 2006

This appears the BKs latest game at the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University wikipedia article ... please help anyone who has the inclination.

My energies are not at their highest.

sanity

friends or family of a BK

Post25 Nov 2006

How can we help ?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post25 Nov 2006

Unfortunately you have to engage in a pathetic point scoring battle of words with some totally closed minded individuals, (BKs) who have taken it upon themselves to slowly destroy and article that was written by many people trying to give an overall view of the BKs, warts and all, something the BKs are still determined to avoid happening at all costs.

They are quite prepared to lie about what they really believe in as long as they can keep it out of the public eye.

It is a wonder indeed how the world of truth (SatYuga) could ever be created by dishonesty and treacherous behaviour. It makes me more and more embarrassed to know I was ever a part of this monstruous group.

arjun

PBK

Post26 Nov 2006

It is a wonder indeed how the world of truth (SatYuga) could ever be created by dishonesty and treacherous behaviour. It makes me more and more embarrassed to know I was ever a part of this monstruous group

Mr. Green,
I agree with the first part of your statement. But labelling the entire BK family as monstrous would not be fair enough. There might be many within the establishment who may not agree with the few BKs who might be devoted full time to suppress the truth by deleting/changing whatever you/other friends are writing, but they might not be courageous enough to speak out against such elements. It is like the Kaurava camp of Mahabharata where senior warriors like Bheeshma, Dronacharya, Kripacharya, Karna etc. realized and even accepted that they were on the wrong side of the religious war, but they were helpless because they did not want to betray their mentally and physically blind king & the kingdom which they had served throughout their lives.

Here is what BapDada has said about truthfulness in one of the Avyakt Vanis spoken through BK Gulzar Dadiji:

“Cleanliness in which aspect? Truthfulness in which aspect? This is also a big deep secret. Truthfulness means that whatever we do, we should describe the same. Whatever we think, we should describe the same. It should not be an artificial form. It should be in all the three forms, i.e., thoughts, words and actions. If a thought arises in the mind then that should also be truthful. And cleanliness means that there should not be any waste of vicious actions. There should not be any waste of feelings-nature, old resolves also. The one who possesses such cleanliness will only be truthful and what is the indication of the one who is truthful? The one who is truthful will be dear to everyone. Even in that first of all he will be dear to God. The Sahib (the Indian equivalent for ‘Sir’, but here it refers to God) is also pleased with the truthful one. So first he will be dear to God. Then he will be dear to the divine family. Nobody will look at him with a crooked eye. There will be such a maturity in their vision, speech and actions that neither will he shake himself nor shake others. The one who is truthful will be dear. Many think that I am truthful, but I am not understood (properly). A true diamond can never remain hidden. That is why it is also not truthfulness to think, ‘I am like this, but I am not understood like that.’ ... Many even feel that we are not close, that is why we are not famous. But those who are true and strong cannot hide their quality. Howsoever far one may be, but he will be close to BapDada. The one who is close to Father is close to everyone. So become truthful.” (Avyakt Vani dated 28.9.69, page 110-111, published by BKs in Hindi, English translation done by a PBK)

If the BKs feel that they are true diamonds then they (few misguided BKs) should avoid indulging in such cheap tactics like deleting the articles on Wikipedia.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post26 Nov 2006

Thanks for that Arjun, you are right of course.

In my impassioned way, I did not make that clear and you are right to point it out. I will try to pay more attention to clarity in the way I phrase things.
Next

Return to Commonroom