Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Post01 Apr 2015

A new documentary abbot Scientology called, 'Going Clear Scientology and the Prison of Belief (2015)' released. I have been struck in the pays by how similar, in many ways, the Brahma Kumari and ex-Brahma Kumari experience is to the Scientology and ex-Scientology experience is ... albeit the Brahma Kumaris do not have the same profile in the West and whereas Scientology is a reflection on the American and L Ron Hubbard's, Brahma Kumarism is a reflection on Sindhi/Indian ultra and Lekhraj Kirpalani's mind.

Unfortunately, no company or director has yet, to my knowledge, cracked the Brahma Kumaris open and exposed them in the same way. I suspect India, or a network targeting India diaspora overseas, would be the primary target market.

Watching the documentary, one could in many places just remove the word "Scientology" and replace it with "Brahma Kumarism". Especially in relationship to the ex-members' testimony.

There are, of course, superficial differences.

Scientology is more masculine and reflects L Ron Hubbard military and science fiction background; Brahma Kumarism is more feminine and reflects Lekhraj Kirpalani mercantile and Hindu background. If I was to place Brahma Kumarism in the pantheon of cults, I placed it halfway between Scientology and the Jehovah Witnesses, or perhaps in the middle of Scientology, the Jehovah Witnesses and Sai Babaism.

Similarities that immediately jump out ...
    Phobia inducement
    Everything good in your life is due to [the cult] ... everything bad in your life is due to yourself
    "Thetan" = Soul
    "Operating Thetan" = Soul consciousness
    The levels before you get to core beliefs
    More auditing ... more Yoga
    "We took it on and did it to ourselves".
    Founders' desire to "kill the body" and vision of mass genocides of humanity
    Journey into L Ron Hubbard, becoming L Ron Hubbard = bap saman (like the Father)

and the myth that *both* L Ron Hubbard and Lekhraj Kirpalani "discarded the body to carry on their work".

It's a sensitive, intelligent, warm documentary ... not the usual 'shock horror' anti-cult job. Like BKism, I do actually accept that at the ground level both BKs and Scientologists are motivated by the desire to do good and make the world a better place, and that there is some benefit gained from the basic practises.

Well recommended. I see myself saying exactly many things the ex-Scientologists say ... and I see many younger, less exposed and more corrupt and fanatical elements within the BKWSU - such as the BK IT team and Hansa Raval - acting like the more excessive Scientologists. Albeit the Scientologists go much further in their zeal to suppress exposure and criticism.

Perhaps the questions to ask are how and why ... beyond the obvious attraction of tax free earnings, slave labour servants, international travel, hobnobbing with the rich and famous, and all that expensive real estate and properties ... such unlimited power corrupts so unlimitedly.

Or perhaps that is what both are really all about and the facade of goodness is just that, a facade to attract and hook new energy and financial resources?

One question to consider ... if Ramesh Shah, Janki or Jayanti Kirpalani is the BKs' David Miscavige, is Clarke Peters the BKs' John Travolta, or their Tom Cruise?

Can someone find an Indian TV company or documentary maker interested in doing one on the BKs? We have the material?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Going Clear Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Post01 Apr 2015

Seems it's based on a book by Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Lawrence Wright.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Post01 Apr 2015

It's strange how identical cults are in their accusations. At the end of this interview, VICE Meets the Former Senior Executive of the Church of Scientology, they flash an "official" message,
"The Church of Scientology has repeatedly stated that [the target ex-member, a former senior executive] is a disgruntled ex-member trying to make a profit off his lies about the church".

That is exactly the same one of the accusations the BKs lobbed during the court case against us (we have no advertising on forum yet the BKs demanded to see our bank accounts!), and on this forum and elsewhere. You'd think they all went on the same course to learn how to run a cult. According to the BKs, they do ... and it's the BKs who taught it 5,000 years ago!

Rathbun left the Church of Scientology in 2004 and became an independent Scientologist, but now considers himself non-religious. What always strikes me about these "disgruntled ex-es" is how reasonable they come across in comparison to their unhinged and immoral cult accusers.

The BKs and the Scientologists have appeared on the same stage as each other ... I doubt either were honest about what they thought about each other ... the BKs would call out "Shudra", the Scientologists would call out "Wog". Same sentiments, different wrapping.

According to the BKs, Hubbard is a very low soul, a one or two birth-er, who learn his religion from them ... an impure, incomplete, confused "memorial" of their religion.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Re: Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Post05 Apr 2015

You can download the full documentary 'GOING CLEAR' ...

Return to Anything goes