No guru

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

jann

friends or family of a BK

No guru

Post18 Aug 2015

The BKs in the Netherlands claim on their website,
We do not have a guru-follower system

I would like to get into that a bid more. We know from History BK never was to have any members. (For tax?)

I got an email claiming the BKs even have a complaint-'wing' in the Netherlands because it seems to be the law. And BK 'effort' might have something to do with the European Union.

Organizations that want to be part of it like they want to be 'part' of the UN have to fill out an application and there are some rules and regulations like for organizations to show they are 'transparent' to have complaint wing etc.

I don't understand the email in detail but it might be interesting to find out what is going on. Does BK India have a 'complaint wing'? And what about the "We have NO guru-follower system? Is it another 'clever' twisting of words? A hide out maybe, a fraud to dilute governments?

I mean come on ... Does not every BK dwell in the ..... guru? And how can the BK in Netherlands be right ... or wrong?

Pink Panther

Re: NO guru.

Post18 Aug 2015

Its all playing with words. Forget about what they say, look at what they do, how they operate.

As Voltaire said

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

because.parmeshwar

exiting BK

Post18 Aug 2015

BKs do not have the gurus as such. It is the Shrimat from the BK God which is delivered from the daily Murlis.

But, yes, they do have the centre incharges/Senior Sisters, whose words are needed to be obeyed and followed and it is the Shrimat of BK GOD.

The one who is disobeying in-charge may be dispelled from the BK centre as per the discretion of Senior Sister of the centre.

Pink Panther

Post18 Aug 2015

b.p, I disagree.

Despite what they call themselves, Lekhraj was the guru, he was replaced by Kumarka and Manmohini, replaced by Janki. Each BK defers to the anointed senior in their midst - especially zone in charge. The form may not be identical to normal guru system but the idea of spiritual hierarchy and superiors is similar.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: No guru

Post18 Aug 2015

Purely cynical marketing. Like, "we are not a religion".

They've replaced funny looking old men with beards with funny looking old women with ...

What they really mean is, "we don't want people to think we are a cult religion ... we don't want people to think we have gurus" etc as they know it has a negative sales values.

Who has not had someone say to them ... "but I'd never lie to you"?

Like a con person saying to their victims ... "you can trust me, I'd never con you".

Return to Commonroom