How can the BKWSU claim the title University?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

lokila

ex-BK

How can the BKWSU claim the title University?

Post20 Jun 2009

United Kingdom: Like "University", the title "University College" is legally protected, and to use it requires government approval. (source: Wikipedia)

Canada: The title "university" is protected by federal law in Canada (source: Wikipedia)

The Netherlands: Via Vinci University claims to offer accredited masters, doctorates, and to a university to be. Unfortunately, the terms college or university (or university) is not criminally protected. That does not mean that an institution called university or university and suggests that they recognized as such under Dutch law and that its programs are accredited, is guilty of deception, as is the Minister. "The improper use of legal documents or labels (such as" approved by Education or accredited by the NVAO ") is certainly harmful for the image of Dutch higher education and must be fought." (source: scienceguide.nl)

In the so-called BK Spiritual University, one only finds Murlis and propaganda books about the Brahma Kumaris, written by authors who are BKs themselves, or BK-supporters.

Being a student myself, I found out how weird this spiritual study is and had to come to the conclusion it is a belief, a doctrine, not anything near a University. Most of the teachers are uneducated people who got involved, believing God is the Ocean of Knowledge and the senior teachers (most uneducated) are rivers of knowledge.

The Knowledge are the words of God, written down in Murlis. The tone of voice is quite childish, full of methaphors and symbolism. I never got any solid explanation whatsoever for claims of purification through Yoga power, the world history repeating itself every 5000 years, a Golden Age with 8 emperors and empresses, golden palaces and flying soucers. But I was supposed to study.

The characteristic of studying at an academic level is that you read many different sources of information, based on your own research, read all available literature on a particular subject and ask yourself. Then you put those questions to those already qualified, have won their spurs in the field or, in each case, reached a higher level than yourself.

So I did.

"If God Shiva comes to purify the world, and he does so by purifying a handful of people, how is it with animals in the future paradise? They just breed and eat each other."

The response of the Ocean of Knowledge in the Murli: "Don't waste your thoughts in such matters. The childrens only concern should be to become pure. Baba takes care of the rest."

"And how about burning karma through Yoga power, what exactly is burnt and how does it work? Are memories being burned? Character traits? Emotions, desires?"

The response of a teacher at the academy: "These are things that only senior Dadis can understand."

"But why don't they tell us then?"

The response from the teacher: "Because our intellect is not pure enough to be able to understand."

"So all my questions remain unanswered until my intellect pure enough to understand. But how can I study this way?"

The response of a river of knowledge, a senior Dadi: "Do not raise question marks, just put a dot. You are a dot, Baba is a dot. Put a dot to everything."

The BKSWU thinks this is the way people should study. By disencourage them to ask questions or read books.

I think it should be forbidden for such an organisation to call themselves a University. It is misleading, cheating and above all: extremely arrogant.

Is there any lawyer in the room? It could be helpful to find out about other countries what the restrictions are to set up a university ...

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: How can the BKWSU claim the title University?

Post21 Jun 2009

Lokila wrote:The response of a teacher ... "These are things that only senior Dadis can understand." ... But why don't they tell us then? The response of a river of knowledge, a senior Dadi: "Do not raise question marks, just put a dot. You are a dot, Baba is a dot. Put a dot to everything."

The BKSWU thinks this is the way people should study. By disencourage them to ask questions or read books.

Of course, the Seniors don't know either ... they keep you hanging on in the hope that one day you will discover there are mystical answers to all the great questions in life. But there is nothing. That is all you get. Pithy little aphorisms taken from Hinduism ... until you submit and conform.

Success within their framework is to be found in submitting and conforming to their norm ... and most of all, not rocking the boat by embarrassing their Senior Sisters. Many of the Seniors might be sweet and loveful as any good grandmother is, but they have the mental capacity of child with the morality of snake oil salesmen.

You are right. Not just the arrogance and stupid of the self-titling ... but the dogged resistance against truth, respect and reality, marks them for what they are.

But, of course, the con has worked. And it was inspired directly by the master conman himself (be that Lekhraj Kirpalani or BapDada) in the channelled messages, "call yourself a university and no one will mind".

And, of course, it gives the egos of the likes of Jayanti Kripalani - who herself is a university drop out - some pretense to hide behind and pretend when they go off to the United Nations and chase politicians, "oh, we are a university". Come on ... its a huge ugly joke!

Show me one truly great ... or honest ... intellectual work written by the BKWSU, or any of the previously perfectly intelligent individuals. It does not exist. Despite all the millions spent on self-advertising and mediocre community entertainment (you cant really call them "cultural" events) ... what have their really achieved? "Salespitch ... deceptions ... polished fronts ... cover up ... outright lies. The fact is, the BKWSU rots and kills intellects. It operates on a lower, emotional, sentimentalist and psychic level.

With all that money spent, they could have started a real university. Instead, all those uneducated adherents trapped for years seeking "benefits" by shutting down their mental and intellectual capacities ... and the leaders know it damn fine. Its all about the tawdry business now. "This is the only true university. All the other universities are only limited universities giving limited benefits ... ignorant, they are stumbling in the darkness ... here you gain unlimited inheritance, unlimited benefits" ... give us your money.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post22 Jun 2009

I like this post.

I remember many of those things being said to me.

There is no study. Dadis believe you should just read endless Murlis which will eventually enable your intellect to be pure enough that you will have a yogic conection with the Supreme Soul at such a level that all your karmic accounts will be removed and you will be karmateet.

Dadi's classes are often about how impossible it is to become pure, or at least how extremely difficult it is. All you learn is you're not up to the mark and they are powerful, and you might just be ... if you grovel enough ... related to them in the Golden Age.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post22 Jun 2009

I remember it was Jayanti who told me to forget about my career. And I remember thinking, "why?" My brain was still functioning pretty well at the time. It was the beginning, so my critical faculties were still good. But I did it anyway. And I still ask myself how that happened. What convinced me to say, "okay"? I cannot stand Jayanti. Why would I even listen to her?

Their idea of peace is not to help rid you of your defects in order to empower you with your qualities as they claim, but to disarm you of your defenses so you become dependent on them. Then they do what they want with you.

So how do intelligent people agree to do things that are so outrageously wrong?

I think there is a door that is already ajar and it's got the big, bad question mark on it. The question mark represents doubt and questioning, searching, openness, vulnerability, in some sweetness and innocence. They have a radar for this open door and they invite themselves in. Once they're in, they slam it shut and then use it against you. Then you have to change it into a point, to seal the door, so you stop asking questions and don't think about leaving. Basically, you're shutting your mind down at this point (no pun intended ;) ).

I often think it is impossible for Dadi Janki, and the other Seniors, to question or doubt anything that they say or do. To admit that you've been a fraud that has ruined thousands of lives would just lead to the same outcome as Hitler: suicide.

Dadi Janki and the Seniors probably spend most of their energy convincing themselves of the bullsh** they dish out to their followers. Whether they believe anything or not is really not important. Being obedient is, because otherwise they'll end up making chapathis for the rest of their lives. Which would mean no more trips around the world. No more handshakes with VIPs. No more dippy drishti and saccharine smiles. And no one left to boss around. They'd probably go crazy and end up in the loony bin with the other poor souls who lost their minds.

lokila

ex-BK

Post23 Jun 2009

Mr Green wrote:I like this post.

I am glad you do. It's great to meet so may people here with the same experiences and stories. Ofcourse I knew there were many out there in similar situations as mine, but here it's written everywhere. I can read hours without getting tired. A source of knowledge to me.

Yesterday I was looking for old BK things. Most of them I threw in the bin years ago. They turned into ashes by now. I found a very small notebook containing "jewels of knowledge" I wrote down. When I read them after so many years, I understood immediately what I found so attractive at the time. Some were like poetry, some full of wisdom. None of them were about "Baba says...", but they were all points which could have been said by anyone, any time in history.

So suddenly I realized back then I must have been attracted by the philosophical aspects, the spiritual depth of a small part of "The Knowledge". No matter who it came from. The value of some thoughts, the truth they might contain, were food for my thoughts. And I do not refer to golden palaces, stories about angels or lessons about behavior. Actually, it did not matter where some of these intriguing thoughts came from. I valued them for what they were, independent from the messenger. At that time, I did not realize this. Now I do. Maybe this was the main reason why I fell for this "study" at a very young age, a period in my life where I was searching for some "truth" because life was so disappointing at that time.

Now I know those "jewels" I liked so much, were already written in many different scriptures and books, spoken by many guru's, messengers, saints and philosophers. It was nothing new. For me, at that time it was. So sadly I believed it was the absolute truth, spoken by God himself. Now I know truth is bigger than God. Dada was so clever to remind us in the Murli of the fact that Drama is bigger than God. Unfortunately Drama is a big lie and fantasy.

lokila

ex-BK

Post23 Jun 2009

rayoflight wrote:I often think it is impossible for Dadi Janki, and the other Seniors, to question or doubt anything that they say or do. To admit that you've been a fraud that has ruined thousands of lives would just lead to the same outcome as Hitler: suicide.

Now that's a stroke of insight. I am just reading parts of the "Real Gita" in the library here. Also came across the BK tv channel "awakenings" on http://blip.tv. What a contradiction! Jayanti is going on and on about inner peace and happiness (she obviously is not able to listen ... she's a talking machine), whilst this 'ancient' PR from the early days is referring to all kinds of things in the Gita, being very clear about intentions and predictions. The contrast is huge: all these talks about inner peace and self-esteem (Jayanti on TV) refers to the needs of Western people. A cunning trick to get people sucked into this cult.

Knowledge ... what knowledge is it actually about? Going through the history of the PBK (I did not know anything), it seems to be very important to understand the significance and differences of the roles Brahma, Shankar, Saraswati, Narayan and Lakhsmi. Quite difficult to understand just like that.

Everything looks to me as it is a development of a religion. The methods are the same, the symptoms are equal. Groups split up, the real history is more and more hidden and the PR methods develop quickly, just for the purpose to reach the ones with money and property, because expansion is top priority. Not knowledge, let alone 'jewels' of wisdom. Oh, what a shame.

If those Dadi's allowed themselves (only for one minute) to give these things really a thought ... they would be lost indeed, as you say rayoflight:
rayoflight wrote:They'd probably go crazy and end up in the loony bin with the other poor souls who lost their minds.

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post24 Jun 2009

lokila wrote:Oh, what a shame.

It is a shame, lokila. And this is why we are here on this forum. Because the disappointment was great and the real awakening was not spiritual as we may have thought, but personal. Personal in the sense that the BKs invade your life in ways that are so insidious that you end up asking yourself, "How did I get here? How did I allow this to happen?". It's just beyond words. But some of us have awakened and have questioned the validity of this group.

Dadi Janki liked to use wild horses as a metaphor for thoughts that run wild in our minds, and we need to control these horses/thoughts to keep them from running all over the place. Well, I'd like to suggest that the same needs to be done with Dadi Janki and the rest of the BK Seniors. They have gone wild with their BK bullsh** and they need to be stopped. It is our job to bring that to their awareness because clearly they have gotten away with too much over the years. By speaking up, opening up and confronting them fearlessly, eventually walls (or at least a brick) of denial will break down and bring them back down to earth. After that, whatever happens will be their own karma ;). But, I don't know if this will ever happen. That is, if justice will ever be served. Dadi Janki will probably just die with her BK conscience intact. What do you think?

If you give them an inch, they take a mile. They have pirated knowledge, power and status from all over the world. And they will keep going if people let them.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post24 Jun 2009

I am thinking about the "How the BKWSU use foreigners" topic ... evidence of how they have lied and exaggerated for 30 odd years. Mr Green used to talk about how they used to sit around and fluff up (fake) BKs CVs for service projected. Is there no karma to all that?

Of course, there is evidence on this site that goes back to the very beginning. Who are they kidding it is "God"?

rayoflight

beyond BK

Post24 Jun 2009

ex-l wrote:Mr Green used to talk about how they used to sit around and fluff up (fake) BKs CVs for service projected. Is there no karma to all that?

This was one of the very first thoughts I had upon waking up to the reality of the situation. To the BKs, I wanted to ask: "How can you teach about karma whilst being such a hypocrite yourself? What kind of karma are you creating?" But, of course, there is so much denial that this question just lands on deaf ears. The answer, in any case, would be, "creating karma with Brahmins is better than creating karma with shudras (ie. everyone else in the world)."

Essentially, the biggest fear a person born in India, or a Hindu family would have to be born a Shudra. The BKs have built their organization around this fear which was built around the caste system. They think that by ostracizing your fear, you escape it. And worst of all, that it is God's will. But clearly God has nothing to do with it.

Pink Panther

Post14 Nov 2017

When you see some of the more deserving names on the list, you wonder how did the BKs get away with it again?
http://www.financialexpress.com/educati ... ed/930916/
123 Indian institutes to lose 'university' from their names

In a major directive, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has ordered a total of 123 deemed-to-be varsities to drop the university tag from their name. This comes after the Supreme Court in its November 3 ruling directed the cancelling of engineering degrees given by deemed universities through the correspondence course. In addition to the same, the apex court suspended such degrees granted by four ‘deemed to be universities’ between 2001 and 2005. The new order by UGC covers those varsities that are yet to be granted “deemed” status by the commission. UGC on Friday issued the notice to the 123 varsities with the subject line- “UGC Letter to Deemed to be Universities regd. Use of the word ‘University’ by Institutions Deemed to be Universities-Directions issued by Hon’ble Supreme Court.”

In the letter, UGC states that- The Hon’ble Supreme Court vide orders dates 03.11.2017 under para 51 and 53 (XII) observed and directed as under-

Para 51- “we must also put on record what we have observed during the course of the hearing and consideration of the present matters. It has come to the notice that many institutions which are conferred the status of Deemed to be university are using the word “University”, which in our view is opposed to the spirit of Section 23of the UGC Act. The UGC shall take appropriate steps to sto such practice.”

For the same, UGC in its letter said, ““The institutions are hereby directed to restrain from using the word ‘university’ with its name, failing which necessary action would be initiated in accordance with the UGC (institutions deemed-to-be-universities) Regulations, 2016. Instead, the Institution may mention the word ‘Deemed to be University’ within parenthesis.” Interestingly, the circular carries a tacit acknowledgment that some deemed universities may not be at fault as the government, while notifying their deemed status, did so with the word ‘university’ in their name. “Such deemed-to-be-universities can also apply for an alternative name with the HRD Ministry,” UGC secretary P K Thakur said, as quoted by Indian Express.

Here are the names of the Institutes listed by UGC-

1.Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), Visakhapatnam

2. Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, Guntur

3. Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Tirupati

4. Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Anantapur

5. Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology and Research, Guntur

6. North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology

7. Nava Nalanda Mahavihara

8. Punjab Engineering College

9. Indian Agricultural Research Institute

10. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)

11. Indian Law Institute

12. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS)

13. Jamia Hamdard

14. National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Musicology

15. National University of Educational Planning & Administration

16. Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthana

17. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapith

18. TERI School of Advanced Studies

19. Gujarat Vidyapith

20. Sumandeep Vidyapeeth

21. Lingaya’s University

22. Maharishi Markandeshwar University

23. Manav Rachna International University

24. National Brain Research Centre

25. National Dairy Research Institute

26. National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship & Management

27. Central Institute of Buddhist Studies

28. Birla Institute of Technology-Mesra

29. B.L.D.E. University

30. Christ University

31. Indian Institute of Science (IISc)-Bangalore

32. International Institute of Information Technology

33. Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara University

34. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research

35. Jain University

36. K.L.E. Academy of Higher Education and Research

37. Manipal Academy of Higher Education

38. NITTE University

39. Sri Devraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research

40. Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education

41. Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana

42. Yenepoya University

43. Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth

44. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology

45. Kerala Kalamandalam

46. Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education

47. Bharati Vidyapeeth

48. Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Fisheries

49. D.Y. Patil Educational Society

50. Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences

51. Deccan College Postgraduate & Research Institute

52. Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth

53. Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics

54. Homi Bhabha National Institute

55. Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research

56. Institute of Armament Technology

57. International Institute for Population Sciences

58. Institute of Chemical Technology

59. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences

60. MGM Institute of Health Sciences

61. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies

62. Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patl Vidyapeeth

63. Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences

64. SYMBIOSIS International University

65. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research

66. Tata Institute of Social Sciences

67. Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth

68. Kalinga Insitute of Industrial Technology

69. Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences,

71. Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET)

72. Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology

73. Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth

74. Banasthali Vidyapith

75. Birla Institute of Technology & Science

76. Institute of Advanced Studies in Education

77. I.I.S. (Deemed to be University)

78. Jain Vishva Bharati Institute

79. Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth

80. LNM Institute of Information Technology

81. Academy of Maritime Education and Training

82. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham

83. Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science & Higher Education for Women

84. Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research

85. B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology

86. Chennai Mathematical Institute

87. Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (CARE)

88. Gandhigram Rural Institute

89. Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS)

90. Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Higher Education

91. Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences

92. Karpagam Academy of Higher Education

93. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute

94. Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research

95. Noorul Islam Centre for Higher Education,

96. Periyar Maniammai Institute of Science & Technology (PMIST)

97. Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Science & Technology (PRIST),

98. S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology

99. Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology

100. Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences

101. Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA)

102. Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Vishwa Mahavidyalaya

103. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute

104. St. Peter’s Institute of Higher Education and Research

105. Vel’s Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies (VISTAS)

106. Vellore Institute of Technology

107. Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation

108. Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R & D Institute of Science and

109. International Institute of Information Technology,

110. ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education

111. Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences

112. Bhatkhande Music Institute

113. Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies

114. Dayalbagh Educational Institute

115. Indian Veterinary Research Institute

116. Jaypee Institute of Information Technology

117. Nehru Gram Bharati Vishwavidyalaya