Osho and Shankarcharya on the Brahma Kumaris (Hindi videos)

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Osho and Shankarcharya on the Brahma Kumaris (Hindi videos)

Post23 Jan 2018

Seems to be a Shankarcharya speaking on the Brahma Kumaris ... "Misleading Propaganda by Brahmakumaris". I did not have the time to watch it but he starts off with the theory that under the British paths that challenged traditional Hinduism were encouraged.

GuptaRati 6666

Re: Osho and Shankarcharya on the Brahma Kumaris (Hindi vide

Post25 Jan 2018

Deep State would have an interest in controlling the Shankaracharyas. In the case of Rajnesh, it was the Vatican, a partner of the Templars, who urged the Regan/Bush administration to destroy Osho. A radioactive isotope and thallium were used against Rajneesh.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post25 Jan 2018

I think it's best for us not to get into areas where it's impossible to prove anything ... but, on an aside related to the ongoing Virendra Dev Dixit debacle, Osho's views on sex and spirituality got him into big trouble in India; Osho - Insights on sex. Osho conducted retreats upon the nature of sex in Mount Abu in the early 1970s and the group got in trouble for its tolerance of nudity. Not just foreigners either, at that time his followers were primarily Indians. The government of Rajasthan passed a resolution in their assembly that he cannot have camps in Mount Abu.

Must have made a strange contrast for the BKs being there.

As an amusing aside, did you know a lot of tourist from Gujarat used to come up to Abu over weekends just in order to drink beer, as in Gujarat alcohol is prohibited?

Pink Panther

Post26 Jan 2018

Who are all of these deluded god-usurpers who go around criticising each other? Funnily, their criticisms of 'the other" are fairly accurate but they seem to lack the humility and circumspection to apply the same critical faculties to themselves.

Osho means a highly ranked Buddhist monk, the Japanese form of the Chinese he shang. I am sure Rajneesh, well-versed as he was in Buddhist thinking being a former university lecturer in Philosophy and Buddhist regurgitator-plagiariser, would know this. And I am sure he was aware of the vinaya pittaka which contain the rules for monks (patimokka) that he obviously breached.

Still, he quite accurately skewered the BKs.

Although the video is in Hindi without translation (can anyone translate this please?), I remember a follower of Rajneesh visiting Pandav Bhavan in Abu when I was there in-season one year, probably late 1980s.

He hung around a few days and got to meet BapDada/Gulzar. Everyone thought he'd be converted by the experience - he wasn't, he said he felt nothing much. Sitting only a few feet away from them both at the time of his ”personal meeting” the theme of BapDada/Gulzar’s "personal message/blessing’ to him was ”Do you know what this place is that you have come? Do you know your fortune in coming to this place?” (Well, blow me down. Every tourist, blow fly, stray cow, monkey and cleaner who has gone there is therefore equally blessed) That puts the onus on him to ”recognise” simply by being asked, rather than explaining anything to him or convincing him.

Anyway, I asked him if they (his group and guru) knew much about BKs. He said that Rajneesh (I refuse to call him Osho or Bhagwan) had said that BKs spoke nonsense but spoke that nonsense with great sincerity.

Meanwhile we have the Shankaracharya criticising BKs for their interpretations of the Bhagavad Gita (there’s English subtitles there) , as if it has historical and divine authority & authenticity that he grasps, rather than it being an excerpt of epic mythological literature that has been elevated to religious scripture - the way the ancient greeks elevated The Iliad and The Odyssey to "scriptures" in the days they worshipped the Olympian gods, but more so.

Then we get the BKs, the self-appointed Prajapita Brahma, who called the Shanakaracharyas and other traditional vedanta leaders all kinds of names in the Sakar Murlis. He also referenced Rajneesh once, in the days when he was merely "Acharya (teacher/preceptor) Rajneesh" before he promoted himself to "Bhagwan".
The government of Rajasthan passed a resolution in their assembly that he cannot have camps in Mount Abu.
Must have made a strange contrast for the BKs being there

I remember Nirwair telling of the years Rajneesh's group had their retreat in Abu. The BKs were amongst those lobbying for his removal.

Rajneesh has been said to have foregone the judgement of history coming down on his side as one of the greatest philosophers to emerge out of India by giving up on the intellectual and philosophical rigour that first brought him followers and students and taking up (or falling into) the 'populist' and notorious guru celebrity personality role
that brought him greater fame, publicity and worldwide followers from the counter-culture.

[BTW Bhagwan has become a word for God in modern colloquial language but really means "fortunate one"]

Return to The BKWSU