The Brahma Kumaris: Spiritualism and Channeling

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
  • Message
  • Author

because.parmeshwar

exiting BK

  • Posts: 281
  • Joined: 18 Dec 2009

Re: The Brahma Kumaris: Spiritualism and Channeling

Post04 Dec 2019

They are trying to sell at all cost an obsolete product.

About 90% of the attendance are newcomers which are attracted by the sweet talks on the various TV shows or some VIP programs which BKs conducts from time to time. The other 10% are those who are running the centers or those who want to keep themselves occupied in some groups. BK is good platform for many lonely people, divorcees, widows, old matas etc who are ignored and avoided by their family members.

Yes, they keep on propagating about the new Golden Age coming soon ...

At par, they are producing a fresh batch every 5 year and their selling continues.
User avatar

Pink Panther

  • Posts: 1797
  • Joined: 14 Feb 2013

Re: The Brahma Kumaris: Spiritualism and Channeling

Post04 Dec 2019

In the Hollywood movie 'A Few Good Men', a military court room drama, there is a famous scene when Colonel Nathan Jessup (played by Jack Nicholson) is on the witness stand and being pressured to answer the question. He famously shouts at the lawyer, ”Do you want the truth?” to which the lawyer, Tom Cruise replies ”Yes”, and this is repeated louder, ”Do you want the truth?”. ”Yes!” Jessup/Nicholson famously shouts back ”You cannot handle the truth”.

It seems that the Brahma Kumaris have, in this so-called "post-truth/post-facts” age, decided that there are enough people out there who can’t handle the truth or, far more likely, really don’t care about truth or facts, as long as they feel good, making them ideal targets for any shapeshifting snake oil salesman.

This can be seen in ”evidence” of
because.parmeshwar wrote:About 90% of the attendance are newcomers which are attracted by the sweet talks on the various TV shows or some VIP programs which BKs conducts from time to time. The other 10% are those who are running the centers or those who want to keep themselves occupied in some groups. BK is good platform for many lonely people, divorcees, widows, old matas etc who are ignored and avoided by their family members.

If they are recruited by BK video and TV shows they’ve viewed in the comfort of their own homes then are willing to bear the expense to travel to Abu simply watch another screen of video tapes as a ”pilgrimage”, it shows they seek ”comfortable spirituality” where just wearing the badge, doing a little of this-and-that gives them an insurance policy for their soul. This product makes you attractive to God? And the 10% who are the ”salesmen”? They’re just making a living.

Previous

Return to Commonroom